BoE items dropping in raids and raid rolls

I'm in a 10 man raiding guild, and because of our shortage in numbers I am forced usally to pug 25 man runs.

This happened alot to me in toc 25 and curious to hear about others stories. Out of countless runs to toc 25 only one raid leader offered BoE items to roll for upgrades, although he was very keen to see what items the winner was using, he still let poeple roll, other raid leaders are offering them as raid rolls, i've seen melee cloaks go to spell casters and spell to melee, it just seems a little weird, the winners are not always mates or guildies to the raid leader so no loot fixing is happening. Trophies of the crusade always goto raid leader or their mates 80% of the time.

I'm just curious, am i missing a trick here, why are these items raid rolled, (dont say for gold i know ppl can sell them for a decent amount).

Re: BoE items dropping in raids and raid rolls

I'm not entirely sure why, most of the pugs I take part in offer boes for main spec and then raidroll them if nobody needs.

I actually won my cloak in a pug (it's the BoE agility one from Northrend Beasts), it was the only item I didn't manage to get from toc as a guild. The raid leader was actually surprisingly good about it. He asked for rolls, and a warrior was the highest roller. He said that as a warrior he should be waiting for the strength cape from Anub'arak, and gave it to me instead. The strength cape did drop, but the warrior didn't win it :P

But yeah, it's just gold.. people like gold and don't really care about other peoples upgrades.

Re: BoE items dropping in raids and raid rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Everlightly

I'm just curious, am i missing a trick here, why are these items raid rolled

Retarded raid leaders/master looters.