Thread: rend macro

rend macro

I am trying to find a macro that will switch me to battle stance and do rend then back to beserking, all in one if possible. Is it worth it to do this on festergut fight?

Deleted

Re: rend macro

Not possible I'm afraid, you could make a macro that would switch you to Battle Stance and cast Rend, or a macro that would switch you to Battle Stance and back to Berserker Stance when you used it but not both. The best way to go about using Rend is straight after you cast a Shattering Throw (you should be doing this during Heroism phases anyway, if your not, stop slacking and use it as it's raid utility) just to burn off some extra rage that would get used up anyway.

Although, yes, it is possible to get away with switching to Battle Stance and casting Rend during gimmick fights where you are guarenteed to gain a lot of rage (and have 3/3 points in Tactical Mastery) but it takes a lot of skill to pull it off without resulting in a dps loss, and the times where you would use it, would be infrequent (I believe Landsoul once recommended using Rend in this way, with the same warnings). The main problem is that it's difficult to test/practice on a training dummies due to rage issues.

Once your guild is comfortable with Festergut on normal mode and you have him easily on farm, then is the time to try it out in preparation for Hard Modes.

/cast [stance: 3] Battlestance
    /castsequence [stance: 1] Rend, Berserkerstance

something like this.
    But I don't think it will be a DPS increase for any fight.

edit: Just to clarify, you still have to hit this macro 3 times. And it will use ~3 seconds.

thanks

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I suggest using this only over 75% of it's health.

Under that it's dps is just too low for Fury.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    I suggest using this only over 75% of it's health.

Under that it's dps is just too low for Fury.
    No, it's still a DPS increase assuming that you're using it with at least a full GCD before BT/WW are off cooldown without any bloodsurge procs.

As to the OP, you can honestly just use;

/cast battle stance
    /cast rend
    /cast berserker stance

You have to get used to the number of times that you hit the macro, and how fast, but something as simple as that works.