Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do you insist on using commanding shout?

I don't want to moan too badly, especially not to the good warriors here.

But why the hell do some warriors insist on using commanding shout in heroic instances. Please use battle shout when mellee are present. :'(

Especially if a Paladin is present. Kings + Battle Shout > Commanding Shout + Might.

It helps us all get in and get done and get out alot faster.

Thank you
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Re: Why do you insist on using commanding shout?

Most people, including myself, don't have the BS glyph or booming voice, and refreshing a buff with 2 min duration is fun.

...doesn't mean that I don't use it though.

I do what I want.

You'll take whatever shout I give you and like it. If I want to give you Demo shout, you will enjoy it and thank me. If not, you can get the f out of my instance and go wait 15 more minutes for another tank.

10+ Year Old Account

I am more fedup with paladins not managing to give the proper blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    I don't want to moan too badly, especially not to the good warriors here.

But why the hell do some warriors insist on using commanding shout in heroic instances. Please use battle shout when mellee are present. :'(

Especially if a Paladin is present. Kings + Battle Shout > Commanding Shout + Might.

It helps us all get in and get done and get out alot faster.

Thank you
    since it won't effect my dps for a worthy ammount i don't use it for myself.
    if 2 dps are casters(especially cloth) i will do commanding.
    if its a melee heavy group then yeah i do battle shout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

There's nothing worse than a person who can't buff properly......except tanks with superiority complexes and attitudes.

Now i know why there is some terribad warrior tanks that play the game. Maybe you lot who replied above me should go role a dpser, you give the good tanks bad names. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by cfeuer1
    since it won't effect my dps for a worthy ammount i don't use it for myself.
    if 2 dps are casters(especially cloth) i will do commanding.
    if its a melee heavy group then yeah i do battle shout.
    And you are the type of tank i love to play with. Ty <3
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

to hell with clothie dps ill do BS anyways

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a heroic instance, who cares..?

Each and every tank I get for every heroic can't hold aggro against me when i'm fury, so I'd rather live than die :P

Although battleshout is better for e-peen dps meters, who cares? for me all heroics go fast when im normally on 7-8K DPS the whole way doing 50%

15+ Year Old Account

I Commanding shout due to habit.

That and I've been trying to remember to keep it up, because during raids I tend to forget it, so I got Power Auras and now it gives me a huge thing in my screen when it's not up =\

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    There's nothing worse than a person who can't buff properly......except tanks with superiority complexes and attitudes.

Now i know why there is some terribad warrior tanks that play the game. Maybe you lot who replied above me should go role a dpser, you give the good tanks bad names. :-[

And you are the type of tank i love to play with. Ty <3
    so what you are saying is that a tank is defined as good vs bad if he gives you battle shout because dps in heroics matters? I highly doubt the dps from the shout will make or break the group, unless of course you need it to get above the tank.

I would rather have the extra hp if I am tanking just in case healer falls asleep or some dps face pulls 3 groups.

If i tank, I use commanding shout to make me look more overly-geared for heroics than I am. When I dps, i also use commanding shout b/c of habit of playing with tanks that I pull aggro from.

he's a rogue - nuff said.

Why do you insist on flexing your e-peen in a heroic?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Most people, including myself, don't have the BS glyph or booming voice, and refreshing a buff with 2 min duration is fun.

...doesn't mean that I don't use it though.
    Hi dk's here ...stfu its not hard /horn

Good thing Horn of Winter is built into the DK DPS rotations unless you are frost, and if you're frost then lol

Though I agree, refreshing buffs isn't hard

I imagine alot of Warriors doing it because of the idiots who sees a tank with 34k HP and immitiately starts screaming "UNDERGEARED!!!1!1!one!eleven". I would gimp my group too if it made idiots shut up (sadly that's not the case, and believe me, I've gimped some groups bad trying to make this theory work).

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    I am more fedup with paladins not managing to give the proper blessings.
    Seriously, I can't count how many how many Paladins insist on giving me Might.

I'm on my warrior with a paladin in the group, chances are the paladin gives me kings so I use battle shout when I remember. Sometimes the paladin gives me might instead so I put up commanding shout instead when I remember. Rebuffing every 2-6 minutes gets to be a pain so half the time I forget. I also do commanding shout if the tank has under 30k health to help out the healer a bit and if the paladin insisted on giving me might instead of kings.

Basically, I put up what shout I feel is best and when I remember it. I tend to forget horn of winter on my DK, too. :P The buffs are too damn short.