Rotface Pandaemonium

Hey y'all:

My guild is working on Rotface and we have been having some issues finishing him off. Everything goes swimmingly for the first 75% or so using the normal strategies, then in the last 25% all hell breaks loose. I've heard that he puts out the Mutated Infection faster and faster, but I haven't seen this in any of the StratFu or Tankspot strats. Can anyone confirm or refute this? and if so, is it based on time or his health?

We've been bloodlusting near the beginning. If anyone has any thoughts or comments, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Re: Rotface Pandaemonium

this is the hidden secret.

first you get 1 like every 30secs. and its getting faster and faster. in the end its like 2 every 20secs or 3 every 15secs and so on. ye hidden enrage i'd say but not that big deal if you got the dps in the start

rgds

Just keep making sure everyone is moving away when they have the slime and everything will fall into place. He does start pumping them out faster so it's part dps race and part keeping movement happening. Long as your kiter is good, and people are moving in front of him so he can get the big ooze to take the little one you should be fine.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    is it based on time or his health?
    i'd like to know this as well.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    i'd like to know this as well.
    Based on health from what I can tell. We're able to get him down to ~25% pretty quickly and that always seems to be when he starts injecting faster. Makes it a pain when you go for the achievement, but we got it.

It is time based, not health based. For maximum DPS you will want your bloodlust right after all debuffs are up in the beginning since there's way less movement involved. If you however can't manage the low % phase though and are having too much chaos, your healers might need that bloodlust -> use it later. Whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Yes, he cast faster

BL at 30%
    From my experience, you do NOT want to cast BL or Hero near the end. Because of the increase in mutated infections, at this point everyone is running around much more often and has a much smaller amount of time to actually dps under the effects of the buff.

If you BL or Hero at the start of the fight, a much larger percentage of the raid is able to dps through the entire duration which imo is more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Well...it always helps if people adjust tactics how it works best for them and not follow anything blindly. In fact we wiped about 10 times with early BL, got a kill with BL on 30%

Yes, he casts infections faster, but also at the start you have 2 ppl out with their cleansed mutations waiting to merge..if those are melee they also don't do any damage.

So whatever works best for your or my own raid setup.
    The small oozes are susceptable to snares and roots, have a Balance/any druid use entangling roots on the first ooze holds it in place allowing the target to run back to position. Failing that, Chains of ice from a DK is also pretty helpful and it's why a DK tank is the best option for kiting.

After the first, it becomes a bit too chaotic to expect a roots from your druid every ooze, but as a Bear kiter I was able to root a few troubling oozes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph
    The small oozes are susceptable to snares and roots, have a Balance/any druid use entangling roots on the first ooze holds it in place allowing the target to run back to position. Failing that, Chains of ice from a DK is also pretty helpful and it's why a DK tank is the best option for kiting.

After the first, it becomes a bit too chaotic to expect a roots from your druid every ooze, but as a Bear kiter I was able to root a few troubling oozes.
    That's stupid and a waste of time lol.
    Rooting small oozes...

We always pop our BL @ the start so we have the maximum use of it since there is not that much chaos yet as near the end.
    Also near the end more people are walking and have less effect from the BL.
    Notice; we only raid 10 man, so might be different on 25 man but to me the logic of BLing @ the start seems good.

We use Bloodlust at the beginning and it worked well so far. If you having issues with the small oozes well not much you can do beside tell your raidmember´s to learn how to move with them.

if your problem is like ours at the first few attempts that at the end is more then one big ooze and your kiter is "overwhelmed" so they start aggroing healers you might consider bringing another "half" tank. the idea behind this is you have a feral druid (or any other tanking class should be fine) dps`ing the boss untill the "1 disease every 10 sec"-phase beginns then he switches in bear form and helps the kiter by taunting the rest of the big oozes to make sure they meet each other and merge, works pretty well for us.