Thread: HL vs FoL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: HL vs FoL

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Gemming pure int means you can easily get 30k+ mana unbuffed with basic T9 + badge gear, probably even more.

Along with the Libram of Holy Light cost reduction, and whatnot, you can pretty much spam Holy Light, pausing long enough to refresh the FoL HoT, SS, and Bacon.

Intelligent use of Divine Plea, and possibly even letting the odd melee swing in on the boss (JoW, SoW) nets a huge chunk of mana the more int you have.

A lot of paladins now are pushing 40k raid buffed. Keeping HL spam going is easy.
    And lots are sitting at 39k unbuffed, I did not read through the whole thread so sorry if im just repeating what someone else said. To help you understand why the choice is clear in this battle I'll give you a few examples.

Example 1 ~ Holy Light, around 1.25 sec cast with 800 haste + raid buffed, If you're sitting anywhere above 34k mana unbuffed this is god mode for you, but it can get much better then this. With the right gear you can hit up to a 1.15 sec HL raid buffed with 39k mana unbuffed.
    ~VS~

Example 2 ~ Flash of Light, 1 sec cast @ 700 haste raid buffed, it cant get any faster then that due to the GCD, with this spec you're using glyph of FoL, glyph of Seal of Light and glyph of Beacon of Light. You are gemming full spell power and are using double SP trinkets, your FoL heals for about 10k with relentless libram, you think your helping but you don't realize (because you're bad, get over it) that the other Hpal in the raid that is stacking int is unloading a HL only .2 seconds slower then you and its healing 6 people! FoL spec Holy Paladins are horrible, I feel bad for any end-game raiding guilds who use them and think they're helping.

End results 1 sec 10k (lol) FoL healing one person, or 1.2 sec HL healing the initial target for a massive amount and 5 more players around that target, you tell me.

P.S. Both specs never oom.

Edit: My armory ~ http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Ye%C3%B6rgaki
    A bit low on haste atm but once I get my Rotface chest ill be sitting at 795 + t10 shoulders will bring me up to 860 plus every other upgrade next thing you know my HL will be a 1 sec cast, gg.
    He who angers you conquers you.

I am currently in a guild that raids mainly 10 mans, i have been collecting holy gear with the intentions of switching spec. i was just wondering if HL spam and stacking int is viable for 10 man raids as there is not as many mana replenishment sources. or would FoL and spell power gems be better?

You're probably better off setting yourself up for an HL build and then using HL and FoL both responsibly if you're put in a 10man situation with no replenishment.

There is no hard and fast rule about which spec is better, but the general consenseus from the paladin community is that FoL simply cannot keep up with damage output, so HL is preferred because having a HL paladin is pretty much saying "Tanks are taken care of, other healers worry about other shit"

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

10+ Year Old Account

Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85

Therefore, the majority of holy pally players are obsessed with the notion of infinite mana pools and strive to have the most...which is a bit retarded since having so much int means you have no mp5 and that leaves you 100% depended on crits.
    Cant resist quoting this old post, coz i think the poster thinks he knows a lot of thing abt hpaladins :

Do you even know WHY we stack INT? Do you play a Holy Pally endgame? ever heard of this thing called 'DP' ?