JC gems for holy priest?

Hey.

I just rolled JC instead of tailoring, but cant rellly figure out wich JC gems i should use? Haste, intell, spirit or SP ?
    Im planning on switching my inscription for BS, so i get the 2 extra sockets n all :)

But what should i use?

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sper&cn=Juized
    "Can't do that while stunned"
    "Can't do that while stoned"

Re: JC gems for holy priest?

Spellpower

You should generally gem Tailoring embroideries. That was a bad call on your part. And the gains from the 2 extra slots from Blacksmithing is only as big as the gain from Inscription shoulders. It's not worth your time. Period.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Int for Holy and SP for Shadow.

BS is slightly better than Incription due to flexibility. That said... Tailoring is by far the top caster profession. JC is #2, but the gap isn't close at all. Tailoring and a gathering profession is nearly as good as taking two non-tailoring professions.

But, to answer the OP instead of derailing: Int for Holy, SP for Shadow (and Disc, for future reference).

Was it really that bad, getting rid of tailoring?

Fully raidbuffed, ive got around 29800 Mana - do i really need the extra intell i get from the gems? or should i go with SP ?

As a caster, JC/BS is not as good as JC/Tail. I don't know why you switched. Just because JC/BS is the best for a majority of classes and specs, it does not mean it is best for all specs and classes.

As for gems:
    Int for Disc until you've got enough mana to not go OOM then go SP.
    Int for Holy until you've got enough mana to not go OOM, then either SP or Haste depending on how much SP you have.
    SP all the way for Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Juized
    Was it really that bad, getting rid of tailoring?

Fully raidbuffed, ive got around 29800 Mana - do i really need the extra intell i get from the gems? or should i go with SP?
    Yes. Tailoring is that good. It's worth nearly double the worth of the other professions for healers and about 1.5x as much for casters. JC/BS hasn't been the best setup for some time. It offers some good flexibility of stats, but most melee now prefer JC/Engineering while all casters and healers are better as Tailoring/JC. The exception is for tanks, which should still be JC/BS when possible.

Anyway, 29.8k mana fully raid buffed isn't that high. You should still be gemming Int as Holy. For comparison I have 28.9k unbuffed and can run myself OOM still. If you feel like ~30k mana is enough then you probably need more haste.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

SP

15+ Year Old Account

How's JC/enchanting compared to JC/Tailoring then? I guess it's kinda like JC/BS then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    How's JC/enchanting compared to JC/Tailoring then? I guess it's kinda like JC/BS then?
    Enchanting is a minor step down from the others, by like 2 Spell Power. : If you're a healer, Tailoring is over twice as good, and if you're DPS, it's 1.5x as good as the "usual" professions

So in short, to answer your question: JC/enchanting is crap compared to JC/Tailoring. Enchanting/Tailoring is alright though.

15+ Year Old Account

God DAMNIT Kelesti. You're almost making me dropping my JC for tailoring! I'm keeping my enchanting just for the thing I have almost all "recipies" and it's nice to be able to DE atleast your own items.

But what's making Tailoring so much better for a healer? Is it the Darkglow or the Lightweave embroidery? What's to prefer? How's the internal CD on the back enchants?
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    God DAMNIT Kelesti. You're almost making me dropping my JC for tailoring! I'm keeping my enchanting just for the thing I have almost all "recipies" and it's nice to be able to DE atleast your own items.
    Goddess bless. And Enchanting, despite the loss in Spell Power (by a whopping 2), pairs nicely with Tailoring, just because of the frakking Dust that you need.

But what's making Tailoring so much better for a healer? Is it the Darkglow or the Lightweave embroidery? What's to prefer? How's the internal CD on the back enchants?
    Darkglow is huge for healers. HUGE. If you're using regen trinkets, or Int gems of any kind, chances are you could drop most (if not all) of them for Darkglow. It's 400 mana, every 45 seconds. Procs off of everything. 44mp5 certainly beats out 23 haste, or whatever else any other profession can give.

If you're Holy, and you're not using Darkglow (letting you find more thoroughput through your other gear choices), you're not doing the best that you can. Even after "regen cap", you can drop that off so much more for this.

If you're Discipline, it lets you not have to start running Int gems again to pick up the Greater Heal build, and if you're running Flash you might get the gains from Lightweave better. Of course, if you PvP or go Shadow, Lightweave wins by a longshot, there as well.

So in short, Tailoring wins.

So - i should switch my inscription for tailoring?

15+ Year Old Account

Mkay! You're saying a holy priest would go for BOTH Int and Haste gems? What gems should I replace in my gear then.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Emok%C3%ADsse

That's my toon. And I, as I have said in other topics.. changed from pretty much only Int or SP/int gems to SP/haste now.

I know the gear isn't the best out there.. but it still isn't THAT bad. Should I replace my pure SP gems for something else or what do you prefer? I'm usually spamming Fheal/CoH and ofc PoH when needed, when I raid.

Should a holy priest fo for the 2-set bonus or go for other items first? Since the 2-set bonus from t9+ is pretty decent.

If money is no object then anyone who does PVE primarily and is a caster should drop a profession to pick up Tailoring. JC is the second best profession because it offers flexibility. BS is the third best because it again offers flexibility. Engineering is good due to flexibility as well. All other professions are lower in priority.

@ Emokisse: There are very few times when gemming Haste is worthwhile. Even then you would never use pure haste gems. SP is a superior throughput stat and Int is the best regen stat in the game. General rule of thumb for Holy is to gem for Int until you hit 30k mana unbuffed. That is: SP/Int in red, Int in yellow and Int/Spirit in blue, unless the socket bonus sucks, then you put Int in regardless of color.

15+ Year Old Account

THANK you and GOOD night! =)