Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is it rude to ask the tank to speed it up?

During some Heroics I swear the tank pulls at a rate we use to when they were first released, even when hes sitting at 40k+ health. Is it OK to ask him to speed it up? Im pretty sure a group in full T9 gear can handle more than 3 mobs at once.

Re: Is it rude to ask the tank to speed it up?

of course it's okay to ask if he want's to speed up since it's a benefit to the whole group and not only for you.

maybe insecure or something? i dunno
    Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&cn=Salomo

I tank at warp speed so I wouldn't know.

Depends on how one asks I suppose.

Personally I just let people pull in their own pace, since when I do sit down to play I am in no rish, this is a game I play to relax, not to rush and stress.

Depends on how you ask. Don't be a jerk and I have no problem picking up the speed if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkiss
    Depends on how one asks I suppose.
    Yeah, like '' Speed it up plox! '' = na'aah.
    '' Would you please try to go a bit faster? '' Is quite better.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Yea I have been in some groups where the tank will drag half the instance along with him especially with a druid healer who can also cast on the run those tanks are just full of win. Then others he goes so slow sometimes I "accidentally" let a death coil fly into the next group of mobs which usually goes unnoticed lol.

Now going from tanking to dpsing, if I'm on anything other than my rogue, I have no preference as to the pace of the dungeon. On my rogue, however, I prefer a more relaxed pace if the dungeon in question has many skinnable mobs and/or pickpocketable humanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomo
    of course it's okay to ask if he want's to speed up since it's a benefit to the whole group and not only for you.

maybe insecure or something? i dunno
    It's not always the tank's preference that controls the pace of pulling. I usually run my random dailies with the guild group also in the raids we do beforehand. Sometimes at the start the healer will ask me to take a slow since they just had a grueling night (say after some togc25 action or Festergut or whatever) or a stressful night (trying to heal stupid all night on say rotface).

Nope not at all. I usually do my best to speed things up if the group tells me they can handle more at once. I too want to get the dungeon done as fast as Possible with out wipes.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

GOGOGOGOGOGO! rude
    Im sorry mate, but i have to go soon, could you pull somewhat faster?^^ polite

depents on your tank what he will do, also depending on your approach

Being a speed freak I'm rarely asked to speed up...

however I remember my first tanking experiences... Tanks have big burden on their back. We have to time our cds, know what is safe to pull (and what is not), know encounter mechanics(unless we're overgeared), learn sometimes difficult threat rotation, react really fast when things go wrong, adapt to situations...
    I can't even tell you how many times I wiped because someone pulled to speed things up while I was rage starved...

Until tank is confident in his skill and gear it's best to let him chose speed of clearing
    however I was never offended if someone asked me to speed up

Actually got asked to slow down by a healer with 23k mana with only kings buffing it. I'm in no hurry to clear it, but the way the healer put it just set me off. "slow down or im leaving". Ok, bye! /wave.
    Naturally, the DPS rallied behind him and said SLOW DOWN FREAK or some such. As I am in no hurry, I also have no problems leaving group and simply finding another. Good luck with your 15+ minute wait time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

If i'm healing and the tank is pulling to slowly, I'll just pull the next mob for them. Being a druid makes it easy enough to heal myself through any damage I take (along with keeping the tank up )

Of course I only do that to tanks I know, if its a random... I'll give them a heads up before I do it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Most of the time I get ask to slow down by some lazy healers, who don't have to heal pretty much anyway. Thats annoying.

i play a tank myself and i been in group that will ask me to speed it up and i don't and next thing i see is the healer or dps pulling more mods just to make it faster...... well heres wut i do when i see them doing that i'll just leave the group in the dust saying gl finding a tank for the next 30mins

I think, it is not a Bad thing to Ask nicely. But as with most thing in WoW, Don't be A Dick about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gonzo
    this thread looks just like my earth shield
    poop that goes around and around and around.....

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kalash
    Most of the time I get ask to slow down by some lazy healers, who don't have to heal pretty much anyway. Thats annoying.
    >.> really? I ask tanks to take off gear. xD Healing heroics is boring when you're using to tanking high end raids. I forced the pally tank I did CoS with to take off his pants, gloves, waist, and wrist... I wanted him to take off his shield but he said no. D:
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

As long as you ask nicely I don't see a problem speeding up my pulling, I've had loads of 'Make this a fast run please ' which means pull like you've never pulled before, so I do ;D
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

"Excuse me, could you possibly pull more mobs? I'm certain the group can handle more of them at once."

95% of sensible people will listen to that. i just feel sorry for you if you're with the last 5%: