Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stacking Intellect

DO you think Stacking Intellect as Fire mage for PvE would be a good idea in Cataclysm?

Re: Stacking Intellect

Well, i guess someone didn't read the announcements for cata. What would you stack else?

i'm going to Stack STR and be a melee mage!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gonzo
    this thread looks just like my earth shield
    poop that goes around and around and around.....

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    Well, i guess someone didn't read the announcements for cata. What would you stack else?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

K so rather than being rude I will take this time im spending to type and *gasp* answer your question. In Cataclysm ur most important base stat will be UR ONLY stats. so far Casters it will be all Int all the time. For melee it will be all Str or Agil all the time. and for tanks it will be all Stam all the time. all the other stats that we are currently balancing are gunna all get covered by those few base stats. IMO this is a really really dumb idea and will screw up a good thing about this game wich is balancing ur gear to work the best for YOUR toon. but hey if Blizz wants more 9 year olds to play more power to em I guess.

That's not entirely true. Haste, crit, and hit will still be needed on gear for everyone, along with block, dodge, parry, and expertise for melee.

As to the OP, right now you would want Int over these things but along with the stat changes, there will be some re-balancing so that spell power isn't always the best stat for dps and crit/haste will be on equal ground hopefully.

Ah that makes sense now , i was going to stack Strength on mage

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    crit? haste? spirit? who knows, other things might be viable.

don't be an asshat
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    spirit
    Is going to be MP5. No serious dps caster would choose it. In your words "don't be an asshat".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    Is going to be MP5. No serious dps caster would choose it. In your words "don't be an asshat".
    The rest of his examples are true though.... in his words "dont be an asshat"

Doesn't Intellect gives Crit too? :P

We aren't going to be stacking Int much more than we already do. We 'stack' spellpower, but wherever there's spellpower, there's pretty much always a similar ratio of Int, so item priorities don't change very much. Besides, both of those follow item level fairly close anyway, so we really can't choose to 'stack' it more than just upgrading our armor to a higher level.

And yes, crit, haste, and hit will all be necessary and on gear, as well as the new mastery stat. (Spirit is now healer only)
    Really, the only major changes from current gearing styles are that Int is spellpower, and whatever priority shifts the mastery system and talent changes bring about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Int, Hit, Crit, Haste, Mastery and compulsory Stamina. These will be the mage stats in Cataclysm.
    Hit gets removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Talauriel
    i'm going to Stack STR and be a melee mage!
    [Arthas's Bathrobe]
    Chest Cloth
    1337 Armor
    +215 Strength
    +215 Stamina
    Durability: 999/999
    Equip: <name>, you handsome son of a gun.
    Equip: Surrounds the player in a cold aura.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Eh? Hit is here to stay.
    Hit's being removed and rolled into the talent tree masteries.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

If there isnt any blue blizz post ive missed, i think GC is saying in in this post
    that they are removing Defense, but not Hit.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/2204...-juggling.html

Altough Hit will also come from the mastery system, as seen in this picture.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_017.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

You will gain hit (And other things, like extra spell damage) just from going into a talent tree.

But hit mist most definitely also be on gear.

Hit, Expertise, Haste, Crit, Dodge, Parry, Block, Spell Pen, Spirit, Str, Int, Stam, Mastery.

Prolly some more that I forgot.

All thats being removed from gear is

Defense, MP/5, Spellpower, Attackpower, Armor pen.

All healers are getting a Spirit -> MP/5 talent.

Hit will be a stat gained through the talent tree mastery system, but it will still exist on gear. Seriously are you people thinking? What if you don't put points in whatever tree has the hit mastery are you just supposed to miss all your attacks? This qualifies as a facepalm moment.

afaik, they will only remove spell power etc from the GEAR, i think you will still be able to gem it.. what else are they going to do to all our current gear?
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu
    afaik, they will only remove spell power etc from the GEAR, i think you will still be able to gem it.. what else are they going to do to all our current gear?
    I think they will change our gear. They changed gear when +heal und +dmg were merged.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!