Gearing for Warlord, lvl 60

Hey guys,

So I am in the process of leveling a hunter. I was thinking about stopping at level 60 and twinking him out.

First off I wanted to ask, how is the lvl 60 BG scene? If im not mistaken its 50-60. Are there many games going, does anyone else twink at that level.

Secondly and moreso the topic of this post, has anyone geared out in full Warlords/Marshals set as of recent, and how long did it take them? How much honor is generally picked up from level 60 BGs? The gear adds up to be about 65,000 honor (for boots, gloves, pants, shoulders, head and chest) and 50 AV marks, 70 AB marks, and 30 WSG marks. The marks seem to be coming pretty fast, wondering moreso about honor.

Lastly, if anyone has done this grind, how is it? Pretty faceroll, or are you still pretty challenged by people with BoA gear, or even DKs?

Thanks for your time

Re: Gearing for Warlord, lvl 60

If you don't want to grind the honor on your level 60, you can turn in Stonekeeper Shards on your main for the 2000 honor things - I believe they are BoA. They cost 30 shards each.

Good choice on hunter by the way, they're a lot of fun to play in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife
    If you don't want to grind the honor on your level 60, you can turn in Stonekeeper Shards on your main for the 2000 honor things - I believe they are BoA. They cost 30 shards each.

Good choice on hunter by the way, they're a lot of fun to play in PvP.
    The same Honor Tokens can be bought for 9 WG marks and I believe there is an option to buy them with honor too if you do Arena on your 80's. With season ending soon you're bound to have a little bit to spend on the tokens after you buy everything else you want. No reason to let that go to waste with the slate being cleaned soon.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

i beleive its all 60-69 and AV 60-70.. there is no BG with highest lvl being 60 anymore. I was doing the same and got all the pvp gear for a lock at 60, and then they went and changed AV from 51-60 to 60-70

Quote Originally Posted by Sanura
    i beleive its all 60-69 and AV 60-70.. there is no BG with highest lvl being 60 anymore. I was doing the same and got all the pvp gear for a lock at 60, and then they went and changed AV from 51-60 to 60-70
    This is actually something I have been trying to figure out, and would make or break my idea. What exactly are the brackets? I have a buddy with a 55 rogue, he says in AV he faces level 60s... is that the case with AB and WSG as well, or are they only to 59, then 60-69???

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    This is actually something I have been trying to figure out, and would make or break my idea. What exactly are the brackets? I have a buddy with a 55 rogue, he says in AV he faces level 60s... is that the case with AB and WSG as well, or are they only to 59, then 60-69???
    Warsong -10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80

Arathi - 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80

Alterac Valley - 51-59, 60-70, 71-79, 80

from WoWwiki.com http://www.wowwiki.com/Battleground

It ruined my day when they said "we accidentaly let slip a patch that changed the low level brackets, we didn't intend to release it so early, but since it's already out-" or something like that.. and i had just gotten all that gear :/

Well, not all of it.. but enough to be mad. I don't see how he as lvl 55 would face lvl 60s, as a 60 alt i always got put in AV with the majority being around 64-69

Maybe they leveled during the BG? Unless it was changed back..

Bah, that is shitty news.

Oh well, i guess I'll just have to level him to 80

Thanks for the info guys

Blizzard does their best to force ppl to level 80 asap

Quote Originally Posted by Jambajoba
    Blizzard does their best to force ppl to level 80 asap
    Right, I understand that. It just seems to loose its importance when you are talking about someone who has 80's and is kinda looking for a different scene. I get it with people who are leveling up their mains, but... yeah, just bummed I can't do the warlord

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    Bah, that is shitty news.

Oh well, i guess I'll just have to level him to 80

Thanks for the info guys
    It's 51-60 61-70, they fixed it like 2 months ago.
    So what, I own a Celestial Steed, vant to fight about it?

so, i've done some research, and seems that AV still is 51-60, according to what wowwiki and other websites say. I can't find any place saying the otherwise although I myself thought it was 60-69 now. Wierd and I'm confused
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedj
    so, i've done some research, and seems that AV still is 51-60, according to what wowwiki and other websites say. I can't find any place saying the otherwise although I myself thought it was 60-69 now. Wierd and I'm confused
    There are multiple level brackets, as indicated by the post above yours.

Av goes up to level 60 and 70

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone know a good EU server with lots of 60 twinks?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~