Talisman of Resurgence for Warlocks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rest&n=Varinia
    I am currently using Shard of the Crystal Heart, and I've got 503 hit (I know my armory might show hit gems in leg, but I just replaced them with haste/sp, np)

Is it worth switching over to the Talisman, seeing as the hit is worthless?

Re: Talisman of Resurgence for Warlocks

If you've got the emblems to burn, yeah. I'm stuck with the Talisman myself, for want of something better... you might also consider NMIC from H PoS, which while not optimal for Demo locks compared to Afflic at least provides both a useful passive as well as a useful on-use function.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

What? No. Abyssal Rune is better. Sundial of the Exiled is better and costs fewer emblems. You're either wasting a ton of hit with Shard, or wasting a ton of Int with Talisman.

Interesting idea with Sundial. I hate on proc trinkets, but the Int -is- pretty useless.

I wonder if the uncontrollable nature of the proc- namely, that you can't use it on demand for Bloodlusts- is offset by the better passive stat spread. It probably is.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Uh... 599 SP for 20 seconds every 2 minutes = 16% uptime. Sundial is 590 SP for 10 seconds with a 45 second internal cooldown and ~22% uptime. 84 crit and 129 average SP versus 128 Int and 95 SP average. 128 Int is useless. You're basically giving up 84 crit and 34 SP for nothing.

Int isn't useless. You'd do well to account for it.

I'm going to pretend you're not trying to make an argument in favor of getting an Int trinket on a Warlock now. I may also get a shot to help take the edge off. In a pure tank and spank fight with 0 movement Int is worth something like a fifth of one DPS. However, on any fight with movement Int drops to literally being worthless because those moving periods are used to keep mana topped off.

My brain hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I'm going to pretend you're not trying to make an argument in favor of getting an Int trinket on a Warlock now. I may also get a shot to help take the edge off. In a pure tank and spank fight with 0 movement Int is worth something like a fifth of one DPS. However, on any fight with movement Int drops to literally being worthless because those moving periods are used to keep mana topped off.

My brain hurts.
    Yeah... About that. Intellect does not just give mana regen through replenishment, it also provides critical strike %. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make it out as some awesome stat, or a good trinket- I'm just saying that you should not entirely disregard the value of intellect.

whereas 122 int = 1% crit if I can recall correctly, might be a lil off but it was on somewhere at EJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Quote Originally Posted by shippior
    whereas 122 int = 1% crit if I can recall correctly, might be a lil off but it was on somewhere at EJ
    It's about 0.7% or whatever, its 167 int per %. It's not much, and I never said it was great- just entirely disregarding it's value is silly.

It's not worth thinking about. Crit is our worst scaling stat and crit rating is worth something like 3 times more than Int. Talisman vs Sundial with the Int vs crit? The Sundial is 2.5 times more crit%. You might as well be defending the spirit version of Greatness.

Actually, according to Rawr... Greatness is better for me. I should go buy one.

Trinkets are a nightmare right now. I'm a destro lock that didn't have much luck in Ulduar as far as trinkets are concerned. I'm currently using Dying Curse and IotDS but I also have...

Sundial
    Abyssal Shard
    NMIC
    Fetish of Volatile Power
    Living Flame,
    and I have enough badges for the Shard of the Crystal Heart etc

I am trying for the best combination until loot drops from ICC / Toc since I've had the worst of luck (seriously). Assuming hit rating is not issue, as I can make the numbers work with gear, what trinkets from the list above would YOU use? I'm looking for highest benefit / dps possible, and I am fully keybound with a Nostromo if that matters in the decision making. Thanks in advance for the input.

My Armory

It's not worth thinking about. Crit is our worst scaling stat and crit rating is worth something like 3 times more than Int. Talisman vs Sundial with the Int vs crit? The Sundial is 2.5 times more crit%. You might as well be defending the spirit version of Greatness.

Actually, according to Rawr... Greatness is better for me. I should go buy one.
    If it were for some reason very difficult to think about, it's would not be worth thinking about. However it's very, very easy to think about- and since it's in significant enough amount to make a difference it'd be a good idea to invest the tiny amount of effort in gouging the value of the stat. Crit is indeed our weakest stat, but would you be an idiot to ignore the stat alltogether.

Not worth it. Sundial/Abyssal Rune for a starting trinket selection.

Out of your list, I'd use either IotDS/Abyssal or NMIC/Abyssal if you are Affliction.

Intellect is taken with gear only. Trinkets gems or enchanting with intellect is a major dps loss period.

Deleted

Uh... 599 SP for 20 seconds every 2 minutes = 16% uptime. Sundial is 590 SP for 10 seconds with a 45 second internal cooldown and ~22% uptime. 84 crit and 129 average SP versus 128 Int and 95 SP average. 128 Int is useless. You're basically giving up 84 crit and 34 SP for nothing.
    45 sec internal cd != 10 second proc every 45 secs. Proc rate is 10% so if you are destro, for example, you're probably looking at an average of about 8secs on top of the 45, so 53secs between procs. Somewhere around 18% uptime.

Sundial is still worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demaworc
    Intellect is taken with gear only. Trinkets gems or enchanting with intellect is a major dps loss period.
    Wrong. In this case if the op is hit capped the int is > nothing. How would it be a dps loss? The other posters are correct though. Get an abyssal rune.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

There are green gems that are better than Talisman of Resurgance, cheaper badge-bought trinkets that are better, many blues that are better... The fact that you can get quest rewards that beat it as well as spend the same resources used to buy it to get a substantially better trinket pretty much rules out the possibility that it's ever a good idea to buy it. You're not an Arcane Mage.