Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Got kicked becouse I was pulling trash as the Tank

I was doing Pit of Saron on my Druid Tank. Was pulling mobs normally skipped by most groups to try for a Battered Hilt drop. The DPS started complaining, and saying go to the Boss. I told them it would only take few extra mins to kill the trash. After a few mins, I suddenly get vote kicked with one of the DPS saying "Lol, bye".

I wasn't saved to the place, and rejoined LFG, very annoyed. I also bet if the hilt dropped, those DPS would've Needed on it sold on AH.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like people are in such a hurry to get the instance done that they will never do anything optional (which is why BRD 2.0 will never happen)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Got kicked becouse I was pulling trash as the Tank

2 things, i should probably mention. the first, it's really odd for them to kick out their tank considering how long it takes to find one these days, and secondly Blizzard really did a number on the Battered Hilt and you have higher chance of being eaten by a shark inside your own home then finding one drop and winning it. thats why i gave up trying to find mine even when i still use a 232 weapon.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted

No, they where right to kick you for wasting their time, they probably had another tank waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge
    No, they where right to kick you for wasting their time, they probably had another tank waiting
    Hi. Stop being dumb; the world has enough of that already.

everybody needs on the hilt to sell, especially in random groups.. Anything less would be considered naive.. unless of course you are with friends.

however it sucks you got kicked but you wont find sympathy on here.

maybe try explaining you would like to try for a hilt at the start of the run next time.

So basically, you asserted your authority over the group as the tank, and kept going against the wishes of the other 4 people in the party because you're the only one who could pull mobs and they couldn't do anything about it. Wasting their time because you wanted an item drop and they didn't.

As a tank myself, I have to say I would have kicked you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    So basically, you asserted your authority over the group as the tank, and kept going against the wishes of the other 4 people in the party because you're the only one who could pull mobs and they couldn't do anything about it. Wasting their time because you wanted an item drop and they didn't.

Pretty much this.

Well, i figured nobody would ever have a problem with this, seeing as how it's fair game if it ever drops.

But uh, well, if all four wanted a quick run, and you wanted something else, they kicked you because of it. It sucks but hey, that's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Your in a group as a team, yeah you're the head of the team but taking advantage of that role is in my view, a kickable offence

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge

You're both bads. How terrible is your dps? Of course killing a few extra mobs is an inconvenience when you do 200 dps. Go fall in a ditch, considering he wouldn't have to deal with this if you idiots wouldn't need hilts for gold over the rogue in your group with blue weapons.

Funny to see dps are finally standing up for themselves. OT who cares really its their wasted time and your insta requeue
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If it was Forge of souls, doesnt matter cuz theres only 2 extra pulls of trash, Halls of reflection all trash gets killed

As for pit of saron though, there is a lot of extra trash, pulling it all for a hilt drop is kinda lame, i started running it when the drop was higher, so i seen it drop twice in one day, lucky i got one but yeah, i wouldn't waste my time pulling pit trash just on the off chance it drops, definately not worth it.

Also the truth about these so called discussion forums is just people telling each other "how much they got owned, raped" "how much they suck" "how much they are the best player to ever grace wow's existence" and also posting worthless pictures in which half of them dont make sense to get a reply from someone who links the picture back and says "thats funny"

So when making a post i suggest the following

"if i was a retard from a mental institution, would i be able to understand this post?"
    OR
    "if i was 12 years old, could barely spell, read or write, would i be able to understand this post?"

If you answered YES to both, you probably don't wanna be posting, seeing as how you'll just get those types of people replying.

E/g "waxpayne" i mean his names a joke for starters, made me laugh, just shouts out to me "im a fucking idiot" and then posts a shitty worthless post with absolutely nothing constructive at all.

@ waxpayne, Can you not read properly??? You asked "why did you do this?" ummmm he said it was for the battered hilt drop...please pay more attention in english class and learn how to read properly.

Cerabret100

Seems like miscommunication to me. while i'm sure it does suck to be kicked, both parties were obviously not there for the same thing, and if they ALL wanted to get their badges and go, then they had the right to kick you when you refused.

I tend to abide by this rule: Want an achievement? want to farm something? do it with your guild. PuG's are for straight forward clears for emblems.

It was actually, only the DPS, who happened to be from the same sever, who were complaining so they were probaly grouped, and were probably in a hurry. The healer was fine with it. Most people would be fine killing trash, which is why I was pulling it, these guys however were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho

You're both bads. How terrible is your dps? Of course killing a few extra mobs is an inconvenience when you do 200 dps. Go fall in a ditch, considering he wouldn't have to deal with this if you idiots wouldn't need hilts for gold over the rogue in your group with blue weapons.
    I agree, since I am usually #1 in DPS and/or damage done, I think I am doing you a favor farming for the hilt. Don't like it, vote kick me, my ques are instant. Have fun with your hour long 5man wipe fest.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    It was actually, only the DPS, who happened to be from the same sever, who were complaining so they were probaly grouped, and were probably in a hurry. The healer was fine with it. Most people would be fine killing trash, which is why I was pulling it, these guys however were not.
    well they obviously had enough support to kick you. congratulations, you've just discovered the shit side of democracy.

I don't understand why people are always in such a rush to do things. Unless you have some other engagement OTHER than WoW (work, school, etc), I really don't see why you're in such a hurry to finish each instance in less than 15 minutes to get the most net Emblems possible so you can sit in Dalaran and waste time.

Next time, just warn the group that you'd like to try that.

I would say, they had the right. Because atleast 3 people had to vote to kick you (one that started the vote and two who voted yes) meaning 75% of the rest of the group was thinking you were wasting their time. If you join a group and they don't want to do something you want to do, either you leave or do the way they want it.

Really to be honest you should of asked them if you could get the extra mobs for a chance on the battard hilt drop.

Not asking them is just rude because you didnt ask if they wanted to do extra mobs which most people do NOT want to extend the time in the dungeon by trying for the battard hilt, they just want boss drop and emblems thats all.

Sure its nice and it sells for a lot or gives you an awesome weapon but its not worth other peoples time if you didnt ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inamorta
    I don't understand why people are always in such a rush to do things. Unless you have some other engagement OTHER than WoW (work, school, etc), I really don't see why you're in such a hurry to finish each instance in less than 15 minutes to get the most net Emblems possible so you can sit in Dalaran and waste time.

Next time, just warn the group that you'd like to try that.
    This... its a freaking game you play it to waste time

i actually had it the otherway around, we were waiting for a tank (orginal one left) and i was sapping the mages running and killing the skellies , just to pass the time. i got remarks that is was dumb and they wernt going to help if i would fudge it up .

Then the hilt dropped , and before i could joke, well i take it you arnt gonna need it too then, all 3 needed it. one of the other dps won and left instant.

i laughed so hard, dont wanna kill but do wanna loot.