warrior leveling

Hi, I was wondering what the best spec for leveling was - arms or fury?

If I have access to double heirloom arcanite axe then would leveling fury be faster than arms? Usually when I quest I prefer to just mount up, gather 5-10 mobs, aoe kill, grab what I need then gtfo.

I plan on picking up a prot spec for instances and group quests with dualspec but don't plan on solo questing with it...

Thanks!

Re: warrior leveling

hmmm i leveled as fury back in burning crusade and didn't like it and it was kinda slow. i would say go arms till 60 then go fury because of titans grip

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

For AoE warrior farming I'd go Fury for sure... but realistically you'll only be able to start doing this in a very slow way at 36 when you get whirlwind. Before that ummm cleave but even so tanking on a lot of mobs at once is possible but not till later levels.

If you'll looking for AoE leveling as melee you'd probably have better luck with a Pally to be honest.

^ nah im trying to level a warrior. I'm getting a little confused because I've been reading that Arms is better than fury for aoe killing mobs...

Arms is better for leveling until about the mid 40s, in my opinion. And as arms, you'll want to be leveling with 2h weapons.

Warrior Leveling has come a looooooooong way in this expansion pack alone.

Overall, I feel that Arms is a much better spec for leveling. Charge can be used frequently, you build a lot of rage passively, Rend plus Deep Wounds does decent damage, guaranteed Overpoweres from Taste for Blood plus a 50% crit chance on over power from talents alone makes Arms an unstoppable force. Plus adding Mortal Strike to the mix at the appropriate level, then Sudden Death Execution procs later on... Arms is just a great steamroller leveling spec now. Fury lacks the rage generation you'd get from charge, and it's mostly just walking up to a mob or intercepting to it and auto attacking until you have the rage to Bloodthirst or Whirlwind.

Arms is AMAZING for AoEing huge packs of mobs down with Sweping Strikes + Bladestorm + Retaliation and a little bit of Thunder clap, but most of those abilities have cooldowns.

Fury on the other hand does a lot of passive multi-target damage through whirlwind. Both specs you can use cleave to help mow down AoE packs, and if you are constantly pulling smaller AoE packs, Fury's better for you probably. You also have to put up with frustratingly high miss rates until you get gear with hit rating on it much later in the leveling process.

ARMS
    Benefits:
    - Rage is rarely an issue while leveling
    - Always something to do: Charge -> Rend -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower -> Slam
    - HUGE AoE potential with Cooldowns.
    - Take a little bit less damage
    - You don't miss as often.

Cons:
    - Requires a little more thought process
    - You don't get to look like a Helicopter

FURY
    Benefits:
    - Whirlwinding down multiple targets is part of your standard attack "rotation"
    - You look cool with two big two-handers and when you use Whirlwind you look like a helicopter.

Cons:
    - Rage starved at lower player/gear levels.
    - Misses a lot until you can get gear with hit rating.
    - Some might find it boring since you only have two real abilities that you have to wait for them to be off cooldown + the occasional instant slam proc and Heroic Strike/Cleave spam if you have the rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Prot is pretty fun. Though I wouldnt advise it till 40.

Gather up to 3-7 mobs, shieldslam / revenge / thunderclap. You're shield slam and revenge themselves will let you literally two shot most mobs. Elites arent a hassle.

You still kill stuff fairly fast, but if tanking isnt your thing, then I suggest a different/duel spec.

Thanks a lot, very informative, I decided to go arms.

Go unrelenting assault spec imo then go prot and spam revenge.. best leveling spec in my opinion since you use every GCD to hit with revenge which hits pretty damn hard.