Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are Warrior tanks obsolete or useless now?

Quote Originally Posted by skulle
    only tanking class that requires skill
    I think the warior classes problem is not that their threat, dps etc. is just bad or that they are so hard to play.

If a warrior tank charges into a group and gets 1.5 seconds, everything is safe and secure. Cleave and clap, no prob.
    You 'average group of great dps' starts attacking while you charge making sure that

- your thunderclap does not hit them all
    - mobs are pulled out of shockwave
    - the warrior tank gets completely rage starved

You say paladins, dks are so much better~ well. Imagine a paladins mana is set to zero and dks runes or set on cooldown every time a dps acts stupid while pulling.

Warriors are only bad if their dps are bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Asking "Are Warrior tanks obsolete or useless now?" is kinda pointless.

It's as if DPS asked "are Locks pointless?" when assasination rogues were OP. Why would be? Locks can do good dps. Warriors can tank decently. That's all that matters.

Are there other better tanking classes? Yes. Druid and pala.

Does it mean warriors are useless? No.

Can warrior tank anything without feeling that he is slowing down the group's progress? Yes.

I think most people would agree that at the current time:
    Pallies > warriors = druids > DK's

Personally i dont care who tanks between a pally, warrior or druid assuming equal gear as long as they know what they're doing and arn't terrible

P.s DK's cant tank

Theyre not useless but not needed more then pallies and Lol knight

they aren't useless, they provide sunders

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

15+ Year Old Account

asking if they are obsolete because of heroics? riiiiight.

Like thebearjew pointed out if you got kicked from a heroic that means your bad, very bad if the 4 players there thinks your that bad that they want to wait 10min to get another tank. So dont blame the class for your failure

Also to all the "no warriors are just hard to play" please get over yourselves? All tanking classes is fairly easy to be decent at , being good at it is a diff story.

The most faceroll tank class atm strictly heroics speaking not raid is the druid, swipe plus maul macroed into everything it's quite the walk over with their threatgen, ad 2 set t10 and well yea :P

Warrior tanks are fine.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

were not useless, we can wash the prot paladins armor and bring fish feasts to the raid, jobs like that.
    but srsly, were still one of best tanking classes. paladins are just OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack

However most of the top guilds still run with a Warrior MT and that says it all really. The other 3 classes, especially Pala's and Druids are easy to play which gives others who DPS and Heal the false sense of belief that they are better than the harder to play Warrior. That's not true.
    A guild like ensidia wouldnt drop kungen, alot of warrior tanks are still around cause they've been in the guild since vanilla and in many cases are guild leader or a very important officer. high representation is no way to measure how good a class is. yes we can do it all but its a bit more of a struggle then using another tank would be nice to be put in line with all other tanks whether that mean nerfing them or buffing us so that its not this way.

I'm neither useless or are we as a class obsolete. If you get kicked from a group (pug or not) it's your fault, not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    If you get kicked from a group (pug or not) it's your fault, not the class.
    This is pretty much it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    Short answer yes, long answer no.
    This statement is highly contradictory.

OT: No, unless you suck, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

interesting logic

paladins are rather strong tanks
    so naturally we won't need to nerf paladins but buff warriors?

why don't you compare yourself to dk or druids?
    you said you got kicked for being warrior... how do you know that? they decided to kick you and later explained why? somehow I find that hard to believe... they could have kicked you for numerous reasons...

you got kicked out for being a warrior tank, im a warr tank and i always get "YES A WARRIOR! THIS IS EASY"

you must be really bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    [Shadowmourne, Lifeless Devourer of the Fallen Soul of the Lich King of the Whale]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    P.s DK's cant tank
    Why not? My DK tanked Festergut 25 better than my warrior. And my warrior is more geared.

OT:No, Not the top, but that doesn't mean useless. That's like saying a normal Nintendo DS is useless now that the DS Lite came out.

a poorly played warrior tank = obsolete and useless.

a well played warrior tank that uses all of his abilities and cooldowns appropriately = my preferred heroic tank.

I play a warrior, druid & dk tank @ 80 and a druid, priest and shaman healer @ 80.

Quote Originally Posted by coolaide2
    A guild like ensidia wouldnt drop kungen, alot of warrior tanks are still around cause they've been in the guild since vanilla and in many cases are guild leader or a very important officer. high representation is no way to measure how good a class is. yes we can do it all but its a bit more of a struggle then using another tank would be nice to be put in line with all other tanks whether that mean nerfing them or buffing us so that its not this way.
    While high representation doesn't single-handedly indicate all's well, it does say something about the situation. Many guilds -will- switch tanks if there's a problem, even if the tank's been around awhile. If the guild won't, the tank will often do it themselves. I think if Kungen felt he was a significant liability to Ensidia, he would relinquish the position.

So if the devs aren't seeing significant departure from the class, it does suggest things are not as dire as public perception holds.

In my experience, warriors are fine. We have our flaws, but we also have a lot of strengths. Which you classify where is up to you. The sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Andlát
    The feeling I'm starting to get is why bring a warrior for tanking? I've been kicked out of the daily heroic for being a warrior. why bring a warrior tank when you could bring a pally who can rip of mean dps while seeming to take less damage?

so what do you guys think? do warrior tanks need something done to them to make them more useful again or just let them wither and die out?
    I've had nothing but praise in the daily heroics I've done as a Warrior Tank. I hate to make assumptions like this, but it sounds like its you, not the class.

Hmm. I don't play a warrior but, my guild has 3 main spec Prot warriors which we've used for Yogg+0, Insanity and Putricide so far. And I couldn't say we've been having tanking troubles at all... Wipes are usually player errors in our case.

But what do I don't know, whine all you like, the sky's the limit on these forums. =\

EDIT: Hold on I thought it was the other way around concerning 5 mans; that because of Warrior block mechanics they can just run through it using Block gear and take virtually no damage at all. Sound's like there's a little bit more to your story on why they kicked you. ^^,