Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

why REFUSE to buff??

WHen i enter a dungeon on my Disc Priest I always start by throwing Fortitude, Spirit and Shadow protection buffs...

last night i came across not one, but TWO paladins who refused to buff.. I said "Wud you please be so kind and buff Kings on the group" and i get NO response.. i kep asking and no response untill i get so annoyed that i say : I wont heal untill u buff Kings.. and there the paladin usually starts talking and starts trashing me in every possible way imaginable.. its happened twice now.. and let me add that the tank i was healing both times was not 50k hp buffed but more in the ranks of 30k hp buffed...

my question is, how hard is it to press Greater Blessing of Kings?? I buff 3 buffs EVERY dungeon, is it 100% needed to complete the dungeon? no its not.. does it make the dungeon go slightly smoother aka faster? yes it does..
    I just dont get why you wud refuse to buff.. really frustrates the shit out of me.....

Tadaah - Fmane EU

Re: why REFUSE to buff??

I wish I could give you an answer but I can't. its one of those things that to me make no sense what so ever. as soon as I join a group I pop open pally power and ask whi wants what buffs. makes things easier. hell I like buffing. makes me feel usefull...i mwan aside from the whole tanking thing

Because buffing everyone in the party their own individual great blessing of ZOMFG I NEEDZ IT NAO will tend to wipe out a prot pally's mana pool.
    That being said, I will buff everyone and drink before pulling.
    Unless I get that jackass screaming gogogo or face pulling the first pack.
    Then I buff myself and healer and just chain pull. Unless it's healer then he gets no buff and I still chain pull.
    Odds are the dps and healer will die before me, and if I die they will all die too.
    Or if I get ordered to buff s specific buff after I already buffed them.
    I've given healers BoM before for that.

I got a Paladin once too who refused to buff, when i asked him kindly to buff he replied "For what? 200 more dps?" and then he kept silent for the rest of the instance.
    Some people are just assholes/stupid.
    Try to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw
    WHen i enter a dungeon on my Disc Priest I always start by throwing Fortitude, Spirit and Shadow protection buffs...

last night i came across not one, but TWO paladins who refused to buff.. I said "Wud you please be so kind and buff Kings on the group" and i get NO response.. i kep asking and no response untill i get so annoyed that i say : I wont heal untill u buff Kings.. and there the paladin usually starts talking and starts trashing me in every possible way imaginable.. its happened twice now.. and let me add that the tank i was healing both times was not 50k hp buffed but more in the ranks of 30k hp buffed...

my question is, how hard is it to press Greater Blessing of Kings?? I buff 3 buffs EVERY dungeon, is it 100% needed to complete the dungeon? no its not.. does it make the dungeon go slightly smoother aka faster? yes it does..
    I just dont get why you wud refuse to buff.. really frustrates the shit out of me.....

Tadaah - Fmane EU
    i lost ALL sympathy for you when you saw the need to point out that he wasn't SUPER AMAZINGLY RIDICULOUSLY STUPIDLY overgeared for the instance, and only pretty overgeared for the instance.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis
    I wish I could give you an answer but I can't. its one of those things that to me make no sense what so ever. as soon as I join a group I pop open pally power and ask whi wants what buffs. makes things easier. hell I like buffing. makes me feel usefull...i mwan aside from the whole tanking thing
    Buffing is the only hard thing about us Paladins. Pallypower took our jobs!
    Before we had to select an individual class, sometimes even distribute a BoK on a Resto Druid, but a BoM or a Feral.
    With PP it's click done.
    I use it to speed up runs and raidwipes. But our second MT refuses to use it not to fall asleep

anyway OT:
    Probably he ran out of symbols and to stupid to realize he could buff 10min buffs?
    And buffs don't matter all that much these days for heroics. I joined one on my Tree druid. And at the final boss I said: "Oshi. I forgot MoTW!"
    Everybody lolled and we got our Frost badges^^
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

maybe a bot
    or retards who don't know 10% is a lot for stats

problem is, you're on a EU realm.

I have encountered these no-buffing paladins aswell. Once I had to kindly ask duration of half the dungeon for a kings buff. The paladin was just "you do fine in this dungeon without buffs" but finally he buffed me after I said it's good manners if I buff you and then you buff me.

10+ Year Old Account

If it wasn't on the case of Kings, then it's also due to how the Buff System works. I get this a lot from Warriors asking for Might, when Battle Shout will override it due to me not being talented for it.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw
    last night i came across not one, but TWO paladins who refused to buff.. I said "Wud you please be so kind and buff Kings on the group" and i get NO response.. i kep asking and no response untill i get so annoyed that i say : I wont heal untill u buff Kings..
    I'm the same with shaman who refuse to drop totems on trash. A lot of dps take the attitude in heroics that they're there to be carried to their 2 frost badges and should not be expected to do more than autoattack and maybe spam an AoE for 15 minutes.

I explain that they can either perform their role or heal themselves on trash, generally after a few deaths they improve

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I'm the same with shaman who refuse to drop totems on trash. A lot of dps take the attitude in heroics that they're there to be carried to their 2 frost badges and should not be expected to do more than autoattack and maybe spam an AoE for 15 minutes.

I explain that they can either perform their role or heal themselves on trash, generally after a few deaths they improve
    They're dieing to trash? Man, you must be a bad tank magnet.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, it's pretty annoying if someone just goes 'Buff me' or 'BUFF ME!!!11!!'
    If they ask kindly, I give them their kings. It just makes me feel like some tool if they just shout like that, as if I'm only there to buff them.

Sometimes I worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophrr View Post
    She can write a book about Druids! And call it... *sunglasses* ...'Eclipse'.
    YEEEAAAHHH

On my priest I normall do ghetto stam on the tank and then a ghetto spirit on any caster dps that benefit from spirit.

On my mage I will lay down a table and put intel/fm on those who could use it

On my pally I buff every single person with the best buff for their class.

I have no idea why a pally wouldn't want to speed up a run to save a few gold, you make it all back from that one heroic and then some anyhow.

sanc on me, kings on the rest, drink and go

it's realy not that hard to buff, but some people just don't like to contribute anything.

that being said, death to paladins without PP.

edit: ow yeah, and symbol of kings are what, 1s per buff? come on people, /careface.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

similar thing happened to me, but it wasn't because they didn't want to, it was because they didn't KNOW what blessing of kings was, quite shocking really

10+ Year Old Account

i buff me and the healer when i tank. If the dps was under me in dps before buffs, the buffs wont put em over. If they were above me on dps, then they dont need it. that, plus the fact that it wipes out my mana pool. Sometimes if the dps is pro and/or nice, ill throw up the buffs mid pull when my mana is topped.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    They're dieing to trash? Man, you must be a bad tank magnet.
    Sometimes it feels that way, but mostly they're dying to AoE splash. The funny thing is that they could easily heal themselves, but they're mostly to dumb/lazy to cast a heal on themselves even though I've TOLD them I'm not healing till they drop totems.

I view it as my contribution to evolution.

10+ Year Old Account

No buffs, no stopping, chain pulling, not even bothering to loot. I think this cross realm stuff has a really bad dark side. I mean come on at least loot the boss! Hit need or greed don't let the freaking timer go out. I've even been kicked for stopping to loot. A five minute heroic isn't that important people.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    i lost ALL sympathy for you when you saw the need to point out that he wasn't SUPER AMAZINGLY RIDICULOUSLY STUPIDLY overgeared for the instance, and only pretty overgeared for the instance.
    you missed his point entirely.. a 50k hp tank wouldnt need any buffs for a hc.. a 30k hp would - at least for it to go as smooth as we have gotten used to.