Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: why REFUSE to buff??

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw
    WHen i enter a dungeon on my Disc Priest I always start by throwing Fortitude, Spirit and Shadow protection buffs...

last night i came across not one, but TWO paladins who refused to buff.. I said "Wud you please be so kind and buff Kings on the group" and i get NO response.. i kep asking and no response untill i get so annoyed that i say : I wont heal untill u buff Kings.. and there the paladin usually starts talking and starts trashing me in every possible way imaginable.. its happened twice now.. and let me add that the tank i was healing both times was not 50k hp buffed but more in the ranks of 30k hp buffed...

my question is, how hard is it to press Greater Blessing of Kings?? I buff 3 buffs EVERY dungeon, is it 100% needed to complete the dungeon? no its not.. does it make the dungeon go slightly smoother aka faster? yes it does..
    I just dont get why you wud refuse to buff.. really frustrates the shit out of me.....

Tadaah - Fmane EU
    a normal party goes like this:

MEala buff kings plz
    Him: ....
    ME : plz buff kings plox
    ME: hello? Pala? kings plz?...u know..the blessing ?
    Him:...
    ( /me has kicked / initiated votekick to remove paladin from party )
    paladin has left the party.

New paladin has joined the group

Rinse and repeat.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    a normal party goes like this:

MEala buff kings plz
    ME : plz buff kings plox
    ME: hello? Pala? kings plz?...u know..the blessing ?
    Him:...
    ( /me has kicked / initiated votekick to remove paladin from party )
    paladin has left the party.

New paladin has joined the group

Rinse and repeat.
    <cough bullshit cough>
    Takes 15 minutes to kick someone. good try with the lies though.

Also, I won't buff any retard who says "plz" or "plox" to me. Hell, if I'd already buffed you I'd rebuff you with something useless for that kind of laziness/stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account

I have a no buff: no heals/tanking policy. It works remarkably well.

boggles me too. The cost is really negligible, and makes things go so much smoother too. And it's never the 50k paladin tank that refuses to do stuff like that. It's the 30k with full buffs who likes to pull like he's a 50k unbuffed paladin. Always the marginally def-capped tank that refuses to do stuff, you know the one. He has to gem and enchant for defense, just to get capped, and therefore has crap gear, very, very little avoidance, but thinks he's uber leet and can do miracles in his blue gear because he is def-capped. Then calls the healer bad when he runs thru 3 trash packs pulling them all like he can take the damage with minimal effort.

I never typically have problems with the 45-50k tanks because they understand what it takes to make a smooth run and make it go quicker and easier. Typical dungeons like UK and UP for example, if the paladin buffs kings or wis on healer, might or kings on dps, it will realistically take 5 mins off a 20 min run.

the weird thing is, its always the pala thats slacking in buffing.
    just hit kings and if people start complaining they want something else, ignore them you atleast gave some usefull buff.

its like hitting the spirit buff as priest, not every1 wants it but atleast you did your thing and buffed the ones that did want it.

Quote Originally Posted by mypally
    i buff me and the healer when i tank. If the dps was under me in dps before buffs, the buffs wont put em over. If they were above me on dps, then they dont need it. that, plus the fact that it wipes out my mana pool. Sometimes if the dps is pro and/or nice, ill throw up the buffs mid pull when my mana is topped.
    Attitudes like this are exactly why threads like this get started. Who cares if buffs cost a few reagents per run? Go and buy more after. It ain't expensive...and if YOU find it expensive, then you're lazy. Go out and farm, or craft things to sell, or do dailies. Also, who cares if your mana pool gets drained? Do buffs before the first pull, then drink...wow, that sounds pretty difficult, doesn't it? I work Horn of Winter into my rotation, so it's always up. On my druid, the first thing I do when I get ported into a 5 man is GoTW, then Thorns on the tank. 9 times out of 10, that's the only time I have to do Gift...as a good group never wipes, and generally gets through the place LONG before the buff wears off. Stop being lazy buffers...and above all, stop being jerks...just buff people with Kings if you're too lazy to realize that DPS DKs would rather have Might; or that Discipline Priests would rather have Wisdom. Buff, drink, then chain pull to your hearts content if you think you can take the damage all the while holding good threat. Then, and only then, will you gain the respect of your Pug-mates, making your 5 mans go that much smoother and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by xlord
    the weird thing is, its always the pala thats slacking in buffing.
    just hit kings and if people start complaining they want something else, ignore them you atleast gave some usefull buff.

its like hitting the spirit buff as priest, not every1 wants it but atleast you did your thing and buffed the ones that did want it.
    We went through the whole of TBC raids with our retarded palas not buffing. It got to the point where we just kicked them, and when we got new palas one of the requirements was that they knew what buffing was.

EDIT: Ofcourse they buffed, it took them 15 mins though.

Being lazy or just feeling it's pointless are the reasons, on my pala nobody really asks for a buff, until I buff which takes the piss because I give every class greater bok and the people who benefit from ap more greater bom yet the second I hit them up with bom they ask for kings, well why not ask for kings in the first place?

I just find it pointless anyway, with all these epics floating about you don't need buffs for heroics you did with greens and blues letalone full 232 gear but I still buff if people ask, in PVP though I never buff even if people cry like nothing for it, why buff someone that's gonna be dead in 2 mins?

I'd rather play the game without buffs hence why you never see me begging for buffs, I wish everyone did the same so it would be less easier but even in full 245 gear people still insist on every buff they can squeeze out of the group, it's sad.

Oh and you ever joined a pug raid with palas? LOL, it's incredible how long it takes even 7 palas to buff, seriously it's harder to get them to buff than it is to do the raid, palas are by far the retard class for buffing.

It's basically just the fact that paladins are lazy, and the excuse they have come up with is "it doesn't matter blah blah blah."

This happens to me ALL the time, and it's only paladins. I don't know why.

Solution: If you have a buff (gotw, fort, totems, etc), don't buff them until they buff you. If it doesn't matter enough for them to not buff you, it shouldn't matter if they get a buff or not. So far this has worked a few times for me since I've started trying it, especially when I buff everyone else with motw and not them ;D.

Hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

buffs dont matter for 5 mans. That being said, i always buff on my pally, and i account for others buffs so that melee dps can get kings if there's a dps war or a ret pally already doing the ap buff. pally buffing is tedious though, poor pallies.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomatose
    Attitudes like this are exactly why threads like this get started. Who cares if buffs cost a few reagents per run? Go and buy more after. It ain't expensive...and if YOU find it expensive, then you're lazy. Go out and farm, or craft things to sell, or do dailies. Also, who cares if your mana pool gets drained? Do buffs before the first pull, then drink...wow, that sounds pretty difficult, doesn't it? I work Horn of Winter into my rotation, so it's always up. On my druid, the first thing I do when I get ported into a 5 man is GoTW, then Thorns on the tank. 9 times out of 10, that's the only time I have to do Gift...as a good group never wipes, and generally gets through the place LONG before the buff wears off. Stop being lazy buffers...and above all, stop being jerks...just buff people with Kings if you're too lazy to realize that DPS DKs would rather have Might; or that Discipline Priests would rather have Wisdom. Buff, drink, then chain pull to your hearts content if you think you can take the damage all the while holding good threat. Then, and only then, will you gain the respect of your Pug-mates, making your 5 mans go that much smoother and quicker.
    ill start caring about their respect when 2/3 of my dps arent specced 71 points into a tree, wearing FR gear, and unable to break 1k dps....ever. Also, i did say i buff, me and the ehaler all the time, dps some of the time. rogues dont ever tricks to me, hunters never md, warriors never put up a shout, dps rarely wait to dps, and when they dont wait, they rarely pick my target. There are 100 things wrong with terrible dps, lack of buffs is far down on that list to make them better.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

ill start caring about their respect when 2/3 of my dps arent specced 71 points into a tree, wearing FR gear, and unable to break 1k dps....ever.
    That's a load of bullcrap just to make yourself look better and you know it.

It's basically just the fact that paladins are lazy, and the excuse they have come up with is "it doesn't matter blah blah blah."

This happens to me ALL the time, and it's only paladins. I don't know why.

Solution: If you have a buff (gotw, fort, totems, etc), don't buff them until they buff you. If it doesn't matter enough for them to not buff you, it shouldn't matter if they get a buff or not. So far this has worked a few times for me since I've started trying it, especially when I buff everyone else with motw and not them Grin.

Hypocrites.
    I must say that when I find myself in anysort of PuGs, the paladins that don't buff dont speak in /t unless they shout for buffs that they want given to them. I think these are most of the time 12year olds, playing ret pala's.
    Never found any real tank that did that, but then again, most people with a little knowledge of the game are tanks.
    On the other hand, I'm a tankadin myself, I always buff, in fights when I see on pallypower that some buff is over I will rebuff it if it's a really important role.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto
    Oh and you ever joined a pug raid with palas? LOL, it's incredible how long it takes even 7 palas to buff, seriously it's harder to get them to buff than it is to do the raid, palas are by far the retard class for buffing.
    Have you ever played a paladin in a decent pug? 8/10 paladins DONT have pallypower, so really, stfu if you have 'only' 2 pala buffs when there are 7. I do kings, another does BoW to the mana people. Then some other tard accidently misses kings, then some other pala does kings, then I see on my pallypower that I can give BoM to some other classes (because the other palas already redid kings).
    After 10min in raid some people died, they want kings to be rebuffed, I wait till any other pala does that, else I will do it. But then they complain they want also BoM, (which I did previously), then I whisper other pala's to do that. Sometimes they respond..

Now just be happy when u have kings. You just cant have ALL the pala buffs in raids, besides, pugs tend to be in the older and easier raids, so you don't even need all the buffs.
    Pala's that raid with a guild will have pallypower, and they will buff you with the right buffs. All those other pala's won't and for pallypower paladins its a pain in the ass.

It's possible that some of you could be grouping with the wretched backwater realms. I'm seeing a lot more "bad tank / dps / healer" stories from my guild with this new cross-realm feature. On Mal'Ganis, you would be killed and eaten for not buffing, but this is not the case with other realms on my battlegroup. In any case...

ill start caring about their respect when 2/3 of my dps arent specced 71 points into a tree, wearing FR gear, and unable to break 1k dps....ever. Also, i did say i buff, me and the ehaler all the time, dps some of the time. rogues dont ever tricks to me, hunters never md, warriors never put up a shout, dps rarely wait to dps, and when they dont wait, they rarely pick my target. There are 100 things wrong with terrible dps, lack of buffs is far down on that list to make them better.
    Sounds to me like you need to re-evaluate your tanking. If you're losing aggro, you need to look into why you're not utilizing one of your hundred AOE abilities. If DPS is too fast on a pull, you need to look into why you're not using Avenger's Shield + Hand of Reckoning to pull the group (that's 4 mobs that are now glued to your character). And if DPS is going ahead of you and pulling packs, you need to let them die to teach them a lesson. Tankadins have the best burst AOE threat in the game, and you're bitching about DPS pulling off of you? There's something wrong here.

I was in a 25 man ICC rep farm last night. 3 Paladins were in the raid. One of them blessed kings.

The other 2 didn't bless might. They was repeatedly asked by several members of the raid to bless might. They didn't.

One of the warriors kindly shouted battle for us.

We let the 2 paladins stay in the raid because they wasn't actually doing anything wrong for us, but neither of them spoke a word, and neither of them blessed might.

I simply do not understand Paldins who purposefully and deliberately make a raid worse by not blessing.

If you can't play your class to even the most basic standards, what business do you have playing at all imo?
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    We let the 2 paladins stay in the raid because they wasn't actually doing anything wrong for us, but neither of them spoke a word, and neither of them blessed might.
    Maybe I'm spoiled because I'm on a high population realm where these two dimwits could be replaced in a minute, but it baffles me when groups don't put the smackdown for this type of shit. Seriously, start kicking. In this case, I would've chosen the paladin with the lowest gearscore and kicked them first, then I would've let the other paladin know that they have 30 seconds to start blessing or they will follow the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Genitorturer
    It's possible that some of you could be grouping with the wretched backwater realms. I'm seeing a lot more "bad tank / dps / healer" stories from my guild with this new cross-realm feature. On Mal'Ganis, you would be killed and eaten for not buffing, but this is not the case with other realms on my battlegroup. In any case..
    I don't know you and am not knocking you personally, but this made me chuckle because since the cross realm LFG came out Mal'Ganis pugs have been the subject of what you could call anti-Chuck Norris jokes in trade chat, with comically exagerated(but not that much!) tales of how terrible they are. It's literally so bad that if I zone in and find myself in a group of at least 3/5 Mal'Ganis players I'll just leave the group and eat the debuff and get my daily done later.

Like any other group of players there's the good and the bad, and I've learned what guild tags to look out for, but nine times out of ten that Rogue from Mal'Ganis in my pug is in full gladiator armor doing 1.9K dps in his PvP spec with no PvE off spec to swap to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw
    my question is, how hard is it to press Greater Blessing of Kings?? I buff 3 buffs EVERY dungeon, is it 100% needed to complete the dungeon? no its not.. does it make the dungeon go slightly smoother aka faster? yes it does..
    I just dont get why you wud refuse to buff.. really frustrates the shit out of me.....

Tadaah - Fmane EU
    you know that blessings are Class specific, not group specific... so if there are 4 or 5 different classes, a pala gotta buff atleast 5, prolly more...
    on topic, if some idiot spams me to get a blessing, and i see they already have it, And especially, if i join a random heroic and the healer starts spamming that he needs blessings, when i'm setting up my blessing addon.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

If I had to share my share of stories to this topic though they don't really relate too much to this topic, I was in a random where our tank had to leave on short notice due to a family emergency on the last boss of UP. We got a new tank, and we buffed him. However he got rather short asking for full buffs rather then simple 30min buffs and the pally 10min buff. He left soon after because we refused to submit to his bad attitude.

On a more personal experience in my guild we had a paladin who refused to get pally power in order to make the assigning of buffs less of a hassle. We understood that according to him that he could not have any mods because it screwed with his Mac. Though it didn't make sense because it takes almost no memory, but wth didn't matter we have 6 pally's. However when he was the only Prot pally he refused to buff sanc on anyone except himself. 3% damage reduction is still 3% on a mass raid damage fight.

Cheap cranky bastards is all I have to say.

Edit:

I had to add this though. One of my least favorite buffs and I am personally glad that its dead.

FUCK YOU BLESSING OF SALVATION.

love you hand of salvation

The time taken casting buffs is less than the time saved by having them. They've no reason not to buff. They shouldn't even need to be asked to do so.