Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 81 SP or Black Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    If soft cap is at 16% then im screwed.. As im on 31.20% atm, and if i go any higher. Im gonna go below 1sec with AB during bloodlust
    16% wut?!?
    You might wanna check out the calculator in my sig.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    16% wut?!?
    You might wanna check out the calculator in my sig.

Look who i quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    Look who i quoted
    Oh... :-)
    Many people seem to be talking about haste soft cap, dropping bm and the like lately...
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account

you won't reach the haste cap anytime soon. also, don't base it around lengthy CDs such as lust, if you do, you are sacrificing 4+ minutes of DPS for 45 seconds. learn to stagger your cool downs and you'll be fine. sitting at 1023 haste myself, which is a 1.8 second unbuffed AB. so yeah, i want more haste. if i go under 1 second with lust while IV or zerking are up, i won't use them for the duration of lust. plain and simple.

anyway. BM>63 sp. don't know why on earth you'd want to use a staff as a mage, they're all crap.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680
    I never have to move for Deathwhisper
    Soaking up all that DnD is a great way to make friends with your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    anyway. BM>63 sp. don't know why on earth you'd want to use a staff as a mage, they're all crap.
    [Enlightenment]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dracklrye
    81 SP > Black Magic for staffs
    Black Magic < 63SP for 1h's
    Do you mean to flip the <> symbols? Changing the order of the things you compare AND flip the <> will give the same result...
    What you write is that BM is always lesser than both 81 SP and 63 SP.

Might be correct, but just wanted to clarify it. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba
    Do you mean to flip the <> symbols? Changing the order of the things you compare AND flip the <> will give the same result...
    What you write is that BM is always lesser than both 81 SP and 63 SP.

Might be correct, but just wanted to clarify it. :-)
    Infact what he has written is.

For staffs 81SP is better than black magic, and for one handed weapons 61sp is better than black magic.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    Sunreaver Disciple Blade+Lightbane Focus

also, using a mh/oh gives you the option of running with either 63 sp (which alone shits on the SP totals of a staff), or black magic (fuckin' pimp sexy enchant), whereas a staff requires 81 sp to be competitive. hooray for choices.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    If you use crap to describe staves, you leave yourself no word harsh enough for Fetish of Volatile Power

Staves are just sub-optimal - crap is elsewhere on the loot table

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680
    I never have to move for Deathwhisper, just rotate and kill the appropriate adds as needed.
    YA!! i never have to move there either because I have 220 yard range on my fireball so I can hit all the adds from the center of the no matter where they are. The same with my poly I can sheep anyone no matter where they are in the room. Also good thing I have that cloak that makes me immune to death and decay!

The answer the OP tho I seems that in almost every possible situation +81 SP to staff is better than black magic. If you are debating +63 SP or black magic it is so close that it is a matter of personal preference.

black magic on swords/daguers. 83 spell on staves.

I never have to move for Deathwhisper, just rotate and kill the appropriate adds as needed.
    what do you do when her nova is right beneath your feet ? wait and die ? and when a shadow appears during the second phase ?

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    Infact what he has written is.

For staffs 81SP is better than black magic, and for one handed weapons 61sp is better than black magic.
    Yes, thats what I wrote... "What you write is that BM is always lesser than both 81 SP and 63 SP."

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

15+ Year Old Account

okay, this has to be said:

IT IS 63 SPELLPOWER TO A 1 HANDED WEAPON AND 81 SPELLPOWER TO A STAFF. not 61 or 83 or 68 or orange.
    BfA Beta Time

learn 2 Rawr. It will tell you the exact answer you are looking for without pages and pages of dumbshits going back and forth. It's all in preference and how much sp pwr/haste you already have. If haste is low, go with bm, if sp pwr is low, go with sppwr. It's up to you, It's not that big of a difference either way.

And stop using staves...just quit...mh/oh ftw