Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: To: Mr. Elite DPS/Healer Guy

Somebody being undergeared doesn't really matter as long as they're not acting dumb.

This pally healer I in Strat the other day had 14k hp unbuffed and a mana pool of 12.7k. I knew this would be a problem, not because of the heals he'd be throwing out (I'm a blood dk and can pretty much keep myself up) but because I knew he'd die on almost every boss and nobody else in the party could res. We get to the first boss and the warlock soulstones the pally. The Abom throws his chains on the pally, pally keeps overhealing me (he could have at least bacon'd himself) and dies to the chains. 1 min later, boss is dead, the pally wins some crappy blue gloves and then releases. Where'd the soulstone go? No clue... I left, but still feel bad for the rest of the group. I imagine it took them quite a few tanks before they finally finished the place.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh
    Somebody being undergeared doesn't really matter as long as they're not acting dumb.

This pally healer I in Strat the other day had 14k hp unbuffed and a mana pool of 12.7k. I knew this would be a problem, not because of the heals he'd be throwing out (I'm a blood dk and can pretty much keep myself up) but because I knew he'd die on almost every boss and nobody else in the party could res. We get to the first boss and the warlock soulstones the pally. The Abom throws his chains on the pally, pally keeps overhealing me (he could have at least bacon'd himself) and dies to the chains. 1 min later, boss is dead, the pally wins some crappy blue gloves and then releases. Where'd the soulstone go? No clue... I left, but still feel bad for the rest of the group. I imagine it took them quite a few tanks before they finally finished the place.
    Cool story, too bad you can't heal while the Abom has his chains on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    Cool story, too bad you can't heal while the Abom has his chains on you.
    Well I guess that's my bad then. As I was tanking and not healing, I just assumed it was your typical dot. If you're not able to heal while it's on you, it makes it even more of an issue of his gear being so bad he couldn't survive it. Do the Abom chains remove soulstones and prevent you from using bubble as well?

....I just wanted to say, It wasn't that he was an elite or elitist player. If he had been He either wouldn't have minded the group or wouldn't have joined in the first place.

What you sadly came across was a childish little wanker, while they are vastly out numbers by good players that would have had no problem with you...these vocal little shites sadly frequent far to many of the forums and make the game a little worse for everyone

Good luck finding a nice group in the future, I hope you get geared up and tanking the hard stuff soon

Deleted

hurray a newdinged that is said to be a good player, fortunately there are more bad players then good players so you could just shut up.
    im never going to assume a greenbluegeared tank is anything but garbage, and most of the time im right when i actually do bother to stay in the group.
    but im not going to stay in a group that have to take a break after each and every pull because the healer is oom and the casters are wanking instead of drinking when they have to. this is my point of view and im pretty sure im not the only one.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff
    dear mr. gearscore,
    that gear won't overshadow the fact that you can't play very good and maybe will see the lich king not before the full icc buff is in effect. grz on bragging over your carebear-gear. ;-)
    Lol, you're an idiot. You do need *some* sort of skill to get half 264/251 gear, and you have no idea how he actually is. You just saw "ooh he mentioned his gear level, that means he is an elitist gearscore freak!!! zomg!!!11eleven11!!".

He has a point. When I heal heroics on my priest, an undergeared tank is sometimes more fun. In the last 3 heroics I have done with a half-decently geared tank, I have done more overall damage than said tank, due to the fact that he dosent need heals. I have also however, healed a crittable, 21k buffed HP tank though a heroic, and it was fun.

(as we are discussing this) TLR Not everyone who mentions they have good gear is an arrogant bastard.

Deleted

Here's a thought: Resolve your marital issues through in-game whispers or mail.

Cheers...