Two arcane questions?

One should I gem haste I have seen a few mages very succesful gemming haste instead of spell power? Second what is the best add-on to keep track of missle barrage?

Re: Two arcane questions?

It is unlikey at this stage you'll be gemming for full haste, while 1 point of haste is worth more than 1 point of spell power, we're not quite ready for a 20 spell haste gem overcoming a 23 spellpower gem.

Perhaps in ICC25 heroic gear however we will reach that stage.

Some mages currently use 12 spell power 10 haste gems as opposed to 23 spell power ones, but it's only an upgrade for fairly well geared mages (a rough guess would be ToGC25/ICC25 gear mostly with the odd 245/251 piece.)

If you really want to see what's best for you I'd suggest consulting the program Rawr.

As for Missile Barrage, there are plenty of ways of doing this, Power Auras is a popular option which will display a graphic on the screen when Missile Barrage is up. Then there are buff add-ons which can be configured to display timers/whitelisted buffs, such as Satrina's Buff Frames or Elkano's or Buffalo. Magenuggets is an increasinly popular add-on these days, or the highly configurable ForteXorcist. My advice is just to experiment and see which one you like the most.

Without consulting rawr and providing a rough rule of thumb, if you have a yellow socket helping to provide a sp bonus of 7 sp or more, fill it with +12 sp/+10 haste. Otherwise, gem straight spellpower. However, if you have access to Rawr or a similar program, check it for optimal gemming.

At most people's gear, Haste is only slightly better than SP, and usually not by enough to justify a full conversion.

If you want the best answer on how to gem, feed your character into rawr to calculate what you should slot where.

However, you cant go wrong with reckless ametrines (+12SP / +10 haste) for yellow sockets as arcane.

As for mbarr procs, I use power auras myself.

15+ Year Old Account

Power Auras works VERY nicely

Use rawr, and Red = 23 SP, Yellow = 12 SP 10 H, Blue = 12 SP 10 Spirit.

Red= Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Yellow= Reckless Ametrine if socket bonus is spell power, otherwise go Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Blue= Purified Dreadstone if the socket bonus is 7 or 9 spell power, but once you have your meta requirements met, use Runed Cardinal Ruby.