Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Im doing somthing wrong (MM)

So, i have lately been having quite som troubles upping my DPS as marksman. I read EJ, have my own spreadsheet ( it says 7,9 should be my dps) but on any "real" fights i do from 6,8-8k dps, and that range is huge for me, especially when i dont change anything..

armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...olde&cn=Elcher

dunno if it has changed yet or not, but i have around 5,6k AP 550 (40%) arpen, 7,something hit% (1 point in FF) and i think 48% crit. now, ive done upwards of 8k (i think 8,5 is my best..)on stationary fights, but when i have to either change targets, move too often , get caught in a spike or such my whole rotation goes all ballsy, especially if it goes something like CS>spike> 6 seconds of nothing>aimed.

now, when i play survival it seems that my dps much more stable, meaning that fights with movement dont really screw all over me ;i somehow managed to do 7,5k dps on rotface(10) when the spreadsheet said 7,3 was the best on a stationary fight as SV (had to provide replenishment). this really makes me mad, because for me survival is like a half shadow priest (timing dots and casts) while taking care of LnL but so much easier to play than MM ??? .

what also ticks me off (because i dont understand it) is that i saw a parse of an MM hunter with around the same stats pull off around 9,5k dps on festergut 25. how does that happen?

any advice? i usually search for answers, but i have a feeling that i am doing something so obviously wrong that i have seen i 1000 times but never noticed it.

thanks for the help

oh, and trollz go away

edit:

1. Bossfight starts : (tank was MDed, boss marked, depending if its putricide or not i have taken a potion) tank runs in>Serpent sting-autoshot-petattacks>chimera shot- trinkets usually procc (mjolnir runestone and wispering f. skull)>call of the wild-rapid fire-aimed>readyness>chimera>aimed>steady (trinkets are beginning to run out)>steady 3x-trinkets are gone. then just Serpent>chimera aimed if i have to move when i am supposed to be steadying then arcane.

macros: (since they are input lag i only use these 2)

chimera:
    /cast Chimera shot
    /cast Kill command
    /cast Silencing Shot

serpent: (for when i am switching for adds)
    /cast Serpent Sting
    /cast Kill command
    /cast Silencing Shot

about arpen, i am not so sure, simply because after EJ its only better to socket if i have around 700 through gear, since i have 550 i am not close enough ... ( pugs arent good enough for saurfang 25 -.- )

edit 2:
    WOL a few weeks ago
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a.../?s=813&e=1031 MM, ICC 10man festergut kill and rotface tries.

WOL SV 1 week or so ago
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8.../?s=983&e=1208 rotface 7,5k dps, putrid terrible dps learning the fight and trying notto fail

do you see the disparities??

Re: Im doing somthing wrong (MM)

ArP, ArP, ArP.....

From my understanding of Marksman, You want to reach the ArP softcap, and have a trinket that proc's ArP to get you to 100%... ArP isn't a huge deal to survival since about 40% of our DPS comes from Explosive shot (sometimes more depending on LNL Procs).

For fights where you have to move, remember Aimed Shot can be used on the fly whereas Multishot can not, as it has a .5 sec cast time. Chimera shot i believe can also be done while on the fly (not 100% sure on this, havent been MM in some time).

Keep in mind Viper. If you find yourself low on mana, do not ride viper to go back to full mana, just ride it long enough to get enough mana to keep you sustained.. and if you have to go back into it again before the end of the fight, so be it.. (try not to viper when chimera is up, get off that chimera, then go into viper, do a rotation untill chimera comes back around, and pop back into dragonhawk for the chimera..)

What i want to know is your shot rotation that could also be a big deal in your dps,

now you said you read EJ but i am still curious is how you fight a boss

arp is to be gemmed only once u have atleast 700 from ur gear, trinket can be useful, but Agi is just as good for mm

what is your rotation?

macroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettah
    arp is to be gemmed only once u have atleast 700 from ur gear, trinket can be useful, but Agi is just as good for mm

what is your rotation?

macroes?
    This is quite true, I wasn't instructing him to gem for it though.. but I do notice a lack of ArP gear on him... from his armory link 209 arp.. -really- low.. My Hunter has 41% ArP.. and he's survival. (so ArP gear shouldn't be all that hard to come by)

i see good advice. also remember to use arcane shot while moving if it is not in your normal rotation.

well, armory has updated, but thats just my SV gear, avoiding arpen like the plague. on my MM gear i have 550 or so, depending on cloaks and stuff...

10+ Year Old Account

What's your rotation?

Could you provide a parse to see where or what you did wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    well, armory has updated, but thats just my SV gear, avoiding arpen like the plague. on my MM gear i have 550 or so, depending on cloaks and stuff...
    Why would you avoid arp as SV? its a good stat
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    well the way i understand it, darkmoon card greatness is better than runestone of mjolnir for SV, and i rather take crit/ap/agi than arpen on my SV gear, simply because i (not too sure if its spreadsheet supported) worth more to me 1) when i am moving 2)as SV into one (because arpen buffs steady, auto and aimed/multi shot)...

Are you using rapid fire again after the first one runs out at the beginning of a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rieux
    Are you using rapid fire again after the first one runs out at the beginning of a fight?
    yeah sorry, forgot to mention that

still nothing

You have to realize too that the spreadsheet is just a theorectical number that models a perfect enviroment too though, if you're doing close to it then there's not really a lot to worry about. I have also found that stacking arp isnt that great of a thing to do something because it only really counts for a lot at certain points in being an MM hunter.

Also on the arp topic of SV hunters, it's not a bad stat to have because you have to remember that even though explosive shot is still around 40% of your damage in a fight that auto shot and steady shot are also large portions too.

hm ok, what i find astounding is the fact that an equally geared hunter did 9,5k on festergut 25man and i did~7.1k , whatever haste buffs we are missing from 10man (elemntal shaman?) and other "gimmicks" , we have pretty much every hunter buff available known to mankind: the melee totems, BoK, BoM, sunder armour, faerie fire, SoW, BoW/totem the thingie from the moonkin 13% spelldmg and i even use pots when fights are important... dunno what else i might be missing...

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    hm ok, what i find astounding is the fact that an equally geared hunter did 9,5k on festergut 25man and i did~7.1k , whatever haste buffs we are missing from 10man (elemntal shaman?) and other "gimmicks" , we have pretty much every hunter buff available known to mankind: the melee totems, BoK, BoM, sunder armour, faerie fire, SoW, BoW/totem the thingie from the moonkin 13% spelldmg and i even use pots when fights are important... dunno what else i might be missing...
    I didn't see you mention Rampage/LotP, so that could be a problem.

A lot of it could be luck, honestly. I know in my guild's Putricide kill earlier this week, one of the other hunters in the raid had a 72% crit rate on his Chimera Shot; good but not really unusual given his unbuffed crit and what not. My Chimera Shot crit rate, in the same encounter, was 48%, terribly unlucky. I also got off 3 MORE Kill Shots than he did...but did about 60k less damage from Kill Shot, because mine didn't crit as often as his did. He's better than me anyway so it's not a surprise I lost, but the point is luck can play a huuuuuuuge part in major differences.

Also, the spreadsheet doesn't give you the "best" possible DPS on a stationary fight; it gives you the DPS you could expect based on the given parameters (buffs, fight length, shot rotation) while EXECUTED properly (no rotation messups, etc.)

I have a similar situation in my guild, where I do considerably less dps than my fellow counterpart, some of it can be contributed to his gear ( he has two good upgrades over me), but the biggest factor is that his lantency is ~300ms, whereas mine floats between 500-800ms in 25man raids. This can be upwards of 1000dps over the course of a fight. It's something I have to live with. During random pugs late at night I can sometimes pull similar dps in 5/10mans then I do in 25's, as my latency is 300-400.

Makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    not as useful for Surv as haste, crit and AP. ArP only affects what like 40% of the damage whereas the others affect it all. its one of those things where you take it if its on the gear when you have too much hit and they force you to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou
    not as useful for Surv as haste, crit and AP. ArP only affects what like 40% of the damage whereas the others affect it all. its one of those things where you take it if its on the gear when you have too much hit and they force you to take it.
    Dps per budget for my SV gear/spec, looks like you're wrong.

Stat DPS Per Budget
    Ranged DPS + 1 5.059 N/A
    Hit + 1 (when below cap) 4.255 4.255
    Agility + 1 2.263 2.263
    ArP + 1 1.637 1.637
    Crit + 1 1.456 1.456
    Haste + 1 1.058 1.058
    Int + 1 0.850 0.850
    AP + 1 0.775 1.549
    Stamina + 1 0.370 0.555
    Mp5 + 1 0.000 0.000

Also, there've been thousands of topics on this so I'm kinda amazed how you missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Dps per budget for my SV gear/spec, looks like you're wrong.

Stat DPS Per Budget
    Ranged DPS + 1 5.059 N/A
    Hit + 1 (when below cap) 4.255 4.255
    Agility + 1 2.263 2.263
    ArP + 1 1.637 1.637
    Crit + 1 1.456 1.456
    Haste + 1 1.058 1.058
    Int + 1 0.850 0.850
    AP + 1 0.775 1.549
    Stamina + 1 0.370 0.555
    Mp5 + 1 0.000 0.000

Also, there've been thousands of topics on this so I'm kinda amazed how you missed that.
    forgive me for not believe everything I read on the internet when I do not see it in game... just like in BC when every hunter thought it was a good idea to have 2k AP and like 15% crit right? I wasn't rude you shouldn't be.