Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Insane Flying Condictions in Classic Worlds.

What's going to also be a pain for them to do is make the BC areas of Azeroth actually exist in the same instance... right now if you go to the draenei or belf areas you actually go into the same instance as Outland... the ghostlands and eversong are not physically connected to the Eastern kingdoms right now... not only this but the continents are stacked vertically on top of eachother hence why if you fall through the world in Northrend you can end up in the EK or Kalimdor dead... also if you look at a full world texture map you will see that the ocean around Northrend and the old world are different colors...

Also there are the outdoor world versions of some instances like Zul'gurub, Zul'farrak and then the whole southern half of Silithus... all of those things need to be overhauled... and of course the several empty and unnamed zones such as the northern plaguelands the areas to the west and east of Burning steppes... there are loads of unused portions of landscape in each zone as well... will they just leave them as mountains?

All in all it's going to take a huge effort to bring the old world up to par with northrend... or even outland for that matter although outland still carries some of the vanilla wow flaws...

I think giant mh mountainwall will be lowered)
    I was there with far sight (or how it s called) long long ago. Me and my m8 even were trying to bug enter there.))
    But was useless, there was nice bug in place of Mulgore>Desolace fly path. With bug u could jump up the mountain and run there till feralas and at feralas running under textures avoiding pits. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Gooblar
    I wonder if they'll get rid of the interesting things such as the night elf port off the coast of Arathi...the dwarf farm south of IF mountain in the mountains of the Wetlands...among other things.
    I think there will be a connection between arathi and hinterlands (or was it hinterlands and EPL?) with a port. It was on one of the BlizzCon maps.

I think Blizzard will use the events of cataclysm to justify major landscape changes in favor of flying-friendly design. I wonder if they decided to enable flying mounts first and thought of cataclysm as a good reason OR decided about cataclysm and thought that this would be a good reason to enable flying mounts
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    As for the void areas you mentioned, they could really put anything there. They could put something like the elemental plateau in one spot, have another that is rich with herbs and mining nodes (or make them all have rather high node rates), one could house lvl 85 daily quests
    And that could open a lot more possibilities and events to bring back world pvp. Maybe not in a large scale, but you will see a lot of skirmishes brewing in a zone specifically made for farming. I hope they go with something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozomorak
    Blizz said specifically that theres not gona be any phasing in cat
    Reading blue posts can be critical especially at times like these. L2READBLUZ

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Theres a reason as to why blizzard never enabled flying mounts in the world till cataclysm. It isn't just a couple lines of code to change, if it were they would've done it a long time in a minor/major patch. They're going to have redesign all of azeroth for this to happen. They will be removing the gigantic mountains or the area between zones that has no textures/models (other than the flat plane)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Keep in mind that the entire old world is going to have to be redone. it is a HUGE undertaking I dont think there will be too much left regonizable really.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nozomorak
    Blizz said specifically that theres not gona be any phasing in cat
    Lol i love you.