How to get rid of Clearcast proc sound?

I leveled as Enha, mostly play as Resto, but few days i go i went trough my stuff and came up with ICC10 worthy Elemental gear. I love it, the spec is awesome and fun to play. My main is Balance druid btw. One thing is eating me alive thou...

That damn "ding" sound that you hear every time you get clearcast. With Balance its anoying, but as it happends less often, i can live with it. With Ele on the other hand, its dinging once every 3-5 seconds. Its making me nuts and i am seriously considering to let go from this most fun to play spec, just because of that god damn sound effect :/ I have somewhat sensitive ears to spike noises like that (working on a shooting range for the 10th year wont help). On top of it, am using Logitech G35 head set which basicly means that what ever this game produces, i hear it. So no way to have my headset on "less" or what ever... Ofc, i have volume on lowest bossible setting, but i NEED to hear some of the sounds, like DPM warning etc... that shitty control panel Blizz calls "sound & voice" options wont help at all :/

Any one have a solution for this? Way to tweak the sounds files easy/ have exisisting sound file to drop in or know of ad that lets you do so?

The reason why i am asking here first is as you guys & girls play with clearcast procs regularily, you migth have the answer.

One solution is to tweak the sound file. Is it against EULA?

Thank you in advance
    Khadrazil

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Re: How to get rid of Clearcast proc sound?

I've never heard this ding of which you speak. Perhaps an addon is generating it? I know MSBT has this enabled as a default, but I muted my MSBT immediately after I installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account

If you've downloaded any shaman ui packs or addons you don't quite know how to tweek, it could be MSBT, PowerAuras, Shamanfriend or maybe even cooldown watcher.. If you're using absolutely NO addons, i can't really help you.. I've never experienced a non-addon sound effect that notifies me when anythings up besides bloodlust/heroism.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope it is not form an addon pack. That's the native noise.

I however do not have a method of getting rid of it.

I did notice that you said you have a headset. Do you use vent as well on that headset?

What I tend to do is have vent come through my headset and the game noise come through the computer's speakers. That takes a bit of setting up though, and it may be required to have two sound cards. (I have two)
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Its definetly a native sound :/

If i direct my game sound to my speakers, next thing you see is my wife creating a topic "hwo to get rid of speaker game sounds/ WoW playing spouse" :P

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Pathetic.

So the clearcasting proc sound annoys you but not the sound that plays when you cast LB? It is sooooo bad you have to quit playing that spec. Pretty pathetic really. QQ baby.

This is what i found on a random forum. Note that i haven't tested it and it was posted an year ago so it may be outdated. Also i don't know if it breaches the EULA. So use at your own risk.

Hi all, i really hate the default sound made when you get a clearcast, so i did a google search how to remove the sound and found a way:

-----------
    1) Go to the WoW folder

2) go into the Data folder and make a folder called Sound, and in that folder make a folder called Spells

3) in the Spells folder make a wave file called Clearcasting_Impact_Chest.wav this will make wow use this file and not the default sound for clearcast..

In my cast i just started the small audio recorder that comes with windows and did a very short record of nothing and saved that file as my new clearcast file, and now i have no sound when i get a clearcast..

full path sould look like this: \World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\Clearcasting_Impact_Chest.wav
    ---------------

I dunno if there is addons for this, that make it more easy, but i am just so happy the sound is gone i had to share this.

PS. I know this work for Mages and Shamans, but dunno if other classes have a clearcast and if it is the same filename used. but i guess if you hate a sound in wow, you can change it the same way just doing a search on google to find the filename needed for the spell-sound.

Ty Cohcheto, I might end up doing that what ever blizz has to say about it.

Ty to Gilian too, ingredibly helpfull post. Did you have a bad day?

Khad

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually to clarify Astryx' post, if you have a component headset (has the black and pink connections) then you must have 2 sound cards to route sound to different outputs, if however you have a USB headset you can achieve the same effect on one headset. I personally have a USB headset and run my music and wow sounds through my speakers and my vent through my headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    In short, everybody's equally important, but there's a certain order of importance.

As the previous one said.

That's why USB headset is ftw.

Clearcast has a sound effect even without addons. I've been elemental before but I've never had problems with the sound. Don't know how to help on that

DBM sounds comes through even if you mute all sounds in WoW. You'll still get the warnings and such. I raided with no sound on cause I'd rather listen to music.

get 2t10 balance and you'll love the sound of clearcasting.

(not helping )
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

15+ Year Old Account

i love that sound, one of the reasons i play elemental.