Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Crusader Aura QQ

Why are some people so damn concerned with what paladin auras are up?

I'm not talking about top tier raid progression. I'm talking about "hey were puging the XT-002 weekly raid, we have 7 paladiWHO DARE RUNS CRUSADER AURA!!! OMGWTF TURN IT OFF! MY GEAR IS MELTING AWAY!! WTF IM DE-LEVELING TURN OFF CRUSADER AURA!!"

or in 5 mans "HOLD EVERYTHING! I'm not dpsing till you, the tank(who can probably solo this place) turns off crusader aura"

Unless its a fight with a lot of fire, frost, or shadow damage, our aura's are really shit for the rest of the party. They all deal with what happens when you are hit by something, which in most situations you should not be getting hit by anything unless you are the tank, which you are not, I am. All the bonus advantages you get from the pallys spec apply no matter what aura is up.

I had a person in a random daily pug tell me to turn it off because it made him lag while in combat...

Why don't i just change aura's and be done with it? Cause I'm a stubborn bastard. I know how to play my class and I run crusader just to spite you.

{/end nerdrage}

Deleted

Re: Crusader Aura QQ

I like you.

15+ Year Old Account

In PvE, Crusader aura holds the same value as Ret aura: Both are almost 100% useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    Why are some people so damn concerned with what paladin auras are up?

I'm not talking about top tier raid progression. I'm talking about "hey were puging the XT-002 weekly raid, we have 7 paladiWHO DARE RUNS CRUSADER AURA!!! OMGWTF TURN IT OFF! MY GEAR IS MELTING AWAY!! WTF IM DE-LEVELING TURN OFF CRUSADER AURA!!"

or in 5 mans "HOLD EVERYTHING! I'm not dpsing till you, the tank(who can probably solo this place) turns off crusader aura"

Unless its a fight with a lot of fire, frost, or shadow damage, our aura's are really shit for the rest of the party. They all deal with what happens when you are hit by something, which in most situations you should not be getting hit by anything unless you are the tank, which you are not, I am. All the bonus advantages you get from the pallys spec apply no matter what aura is up.

I had a person in a random daily pug tell me to turn it off because it made him lag while in combat...

Why don't i just change aura's and be done with it? Cause I'm a stubborn bastard. I know how to play my class and I run crusader just to spite you.

{/end nerdrage}
    I personaly like when ppl yell in vent about it when you just enter the raid and get summoned in
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    WHO DARE RUNS CRUSADER AURA!!! OMGWTF TURN IT OFF! MY GEAR IS MELTING AWAY!! WTF IM DE-LEVELING TURN OFF CRUSADER AURA!!
    I had to sign up just to thank you for this. I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that .
    Ontopic I do agree people put too much value in such little things, it's not like having the aura up or not is gonna make or break your dungeon/boss.

What's the point of this post? Sometimes ppl tell you just as a friendly reminder. I.E. telling a hunter not to have his Nature res aspect up in an instance that has 0 enemies that actually do nature damage. Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes pats are aggro'd, sometimes it just helps things to go faster if everyone has the appropriate skills set before hand. Everyone is trying to get out of there as quick as possible.

If there is nerd raging going on, then it needs to be dealt with accordingly, but if someone is reminding you that you have a useless aura up, then just change it to something useful and move on.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

i hate that, especially when you have as many paladins as is necessary to sort all the important auras anyway

we need a word to describe this situation

Holy shit, yes.

In a raid especially where there's an excessive amount of pallies, some asshole always says "HAHA, HEY GUYS, CRUSADER AURA IS ON, THAT'LL INCREASE MY DPS LOL" Or something of that nature, in an attempt to be funny.

Yes, Crusader Aura is on, but so is fire/frost resistance, shadow resistance, retribution, devotion, and concentration. Yes, you're Dave Chappelle now and you've discovered what being funny is and we love that you point out that Crusader Aura is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    In PvE, Crusader aura holds the same value as Ret aura: Both are almost 100% useless.
    Hey man! That 168 holy damage builds up you know! Just think about it one hundred and sixty eight damage! For just getting hit! I know, I know, it'll be nerfed too now the community knows, but I really think we need to bring this to everyone's attention.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

i only ever put up an aura for when i tank in my os, (Ret Aura) = lazy tanking ^^, other than that i run as a healer and leave crusader on ^^, dosn't hurt any1 (ofc this is not the same in raids ^^)

as for a word....

should it include "aura" ? :P "Auraspastastic"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite
    What's the point of this post? Sometimes ppl tell you just as a friendly reminder. I.E. telling a hunter not to have his Nature res aspect up in an instance that has 0 enemies that actually do nature damage. Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes pats are aggro'd, sometimes it just helps things to go faster if everyone has the appropriate skills set before hand. Everyone is trying to get out of there as quick as possible.

If there is nerd raging going on, then it needs to be dealt with accordingly, but if someone is reminding you that you have a useless aura up, then just change it to something useful and move on.
    There is a difference in a Paladin running X aura and a Hunter using Aspect of Nature.

Unless a the fight has specific mechanics, like all fire damage, or you run with a specific group, like all casters, then it shouldn't matter most of the time what aura is up. Unless you are min/maxing. Which won't happen outside a raid group anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Laskai
    i hate that, especially when you have as many paladins as is necessary to sort all the important auras anyway

we need a word to describe this situation
    You could double up auras, but any aura > no aura.

I like people who cry about not having healthstones.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Hey man! That 168 holy damage builds up you know! Just think about it one hundred and sixty eight damage! For just getting hit! I know, I know, it'll be nerfed too now the community knows, but I really think we need to bring this to everyone's attention.
    I think you will find that the 168 holy damage is working as intended, and that it is not a clever use of game mechanics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Ret Aura + Aura Mastery = win

Um.......... Turn it off then???

Why would you keep it up anyways?.... other than your forgetting and not paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    I like you.
    ^

When the auras changed to any aura gives you your aura buffs I ran with crusader aura just because I could. I was the guy setting up pally power and we had 5-6 at a time.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    Um.......... Turn it off then???

Why would you keep it up anyways?.... other than your forgetting and not paying attention?
    Any Aura > No Aura.

Any Aura > No Aura.
    And... don't do that either.....

Thats like me saying me doing anything is better than me doing nothing....cause if I said that and meant it I'd be group kicked.....

we refer to it as "haste aura" and we always have one running. just because

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Shrug. Crusader aura is worthless, and what's so difficult about just clicking devotion aura? It'll make the healers job .001% easier, and only costs you one click. That click isn't even in your 969 or fcfs rotations anyway. Hell, concentration aura also helps out healers, not to mention caster dps. While crusader just sits there.

What I don't understand, is the refusal to just click a different aura. It takes pretty much zero time to do, isn't hurting anything, and might actually help, if not very much.

So why all the hate at being asked to click an aura? I really just don't understand.
    Cause he's stubborn, duh. Read the post.

Also, the OP is my hero.