Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: t10*2 + arcane rotation

Quote Originally Posted by RNG
    Aren't you supposed to use a ABarr to clear the stacks instead of a normal AM? :C
    no, hasn't been the case since patch 3.09. hell, you shouldn't cast abarr unless you're moving.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Well currently i lost alot of Haste with the changing of my gear. Im saying about 300 to 400 haste *ouch right?* so im sitting at about 700 which is Fail on my part. I'm currently doing ABx01234 Casting Missiles whenever its procs so keep my 12% buff up. At this point it is working really well for me. Usually It procs then I'm able to get Abx3 to 4 before the next one procs and I'm constantly keeping it up at least 70% of the time
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowviper
    I'm currently doing ABx01234 Casting Missiles whenever its procs so keep my 12% buff up.
    I think AB4AM ist still better, but I never saw the math on t10x2 rota
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account

I'm doing ABSpam04MBAM and keeping it up almost 100% of the time...

Micke

abspam34mbam is going to be included in the next version of rawr, which might be a strong contender

My mage is 1 pc t10 and hopefully next week 2 piece!

I would use Missile Barrage proc if the buff was not active wether 1 ab charge or 4.

Also for Evocating. I like to use it at the very end of Heroism, you get easily 4 second evocates off.

Also Haste benefits evocate making 2 pc proc useful before evocate.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    I'm doing ABSpam04MBAM and keeping it up almost 100% of the time...
    Can I convince you to confirm this with a proc addon?

Yeah... procodile counts the whole combat time, not just casting time I bet...
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

ABSpam04MBAM (current rotation): ~9900 DPS, ~268 Mps
    ABSpam024MBAM: ~9825 DPS, ~227 Mps
    ABSpam0234MBAM: ~9800 DPS, ~207 Mps
    AB4AM0234MBAM: ~9400 DPS, ~128 Mps
    AB3AM023MBAM: ~9075 DPS, ~96 Mps
    AB2AM: ~8375 DPS, ~45 Mps

can somebody explain to me the actual steps of these rotations. I can't find the noncryptic meaning behind these anywhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG
    Aren't you supposed to use a ABarr to clear the stacks instead of a normal AM? :C
    ABarr is never used outside of movement. It seems counterintuitive but consider that the only reason you break the stack with something other than missile barrage is to save mana. The current Rawr profile I have open shows regular Arcane Missiles as costing 95 mana per second compared to Arcane Barrage's 320 (this takes regen into account so your numbers may vary, but the idea is the same).

Quote Originally Posted by hudnut
    ABSpam04MBAM (current rotation): ~9900 DPS, ~268 Mps
    ABSpam024MBAM: ~9825 DPS, ~227 Mps
    ABSpam0234MBAM: ~9800 DPS, ~207 Mps
    AB4AM0234MBAM: ~9400 DPS, ~128 Mps
    AB3AM023MBAM: ~9075 DPS, ~96 Mps
    AB2AM: ~8375 DPS, ~45 Mps

can somebody explain to me the actual steps of these rotations. I can't find the noncryptic meaning behind these anywhere lol.
    AB = Arcane Blast
    MBAM = Missile Barrage Arcane Missiles
    0,1,2,3,4 = Number of stacks of Arcane Blast Debuff
    Abarr = Arcane Barrage. Not present here.

The ABSpam(numbers)MBAM indicates you spam AB until you get a missile barrage proc. If you are at once of te specified numbers you use the proc, otherwise you AB until you have the specified number of debuffs.

For example, with ABSpam024MBAM, you get a proc at 1 stack. Since it's 0, 2, or 4 you use it on, you do another AB then MBAM.

With ABSpam0234MBAM you use missile barrage on 0,2,3,4 stacks but not 1 stack, and so on. If you don't get a proc you continue spamming arcane blst until you do.

AB4AM0234MBAM means you cast Arcane Blast 4 times then use unhasted arcane missiles to clear the stack if you do not get a proc. If you do get a proc use Missile Barrage on the specified number of stacks.

For AB2AM, since it doesn't specify when to use missile barrage if it procs, you cast AB twice then AM, regardless of procs.

Does that make sense? It looks a lot more complicated if it is I promise.

Edit: added AM vs Abarr response.

that makes perfect sense. thank you very much...finally I can understand all this mumbo jumbo ;D

EJ has had this solved for many weeks now. New rotation is ABspam2?4MBAM, where the ? is "do you have pushing the limit up?" -- if so, MB at 2 stack; if not, MB at 4 stack. Never pop AM without MB unless DIRE circumstances.

edit: you NEVER wait to see if your 2nd AB procs. if you don't see it after the first one, then always queue the 3rd AB while #2 is on the way. basically the way you should view it is "I just cast AB1 and AB2 is casting now... did MB proc? if so, be ready to missiles when it is over. if not, queue up the 3rd AB." The same logic is used on AB3 with AB4 on the way... "AB4 is casting... did MB proc? if so, throw AM at the end of AB4. if not, cast another AB and fish."

Quote Originally Posted by AnnulV
    EJ has had this solved for many weeks now. New rotation is ABspam2?4MBAM, where the ? is "do you have pushing the limit up?" -- if so, MB at 2 stack; if not, MB at 4 stack. Never pop AM without MB unless DIRE circumstances.

edit: you NEVER wait to see if your 2nd AB procs. if you don't see it after the first one, then always queue the 3rd AB while #2 is on the way. basically the way you should view it is "I just cast AB1 and AB2 is casting now... did MB proc? if so, be ready to missiles when it is over. if not, queue up the 3rd AB." The same logic is used on AB3 with AB4 on the way... "AB4 is casting... did MB proc? if so, throw AM at the end of AB4. if not, cast another AB and fish."
    I haven't read much at EJ for a while, but how is dumping at 2 stacks when pushing the limit can work the same on the third stack a dps gain?

15+ Year Old Account

I beg to differ. ABSpam04MBAM is still the top DPS spec. A cursory inspection of ElististJerks says the same. Please don't tell us what EJ has 'solved' without quoting a source.

Ref: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-a...7/#post1537602

What's the haste threshold for getting 4th Blast off within pushing the limit?

Mostly pug 10 mans often dont have full 25man 8% haste buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

http://milamber.ch/spellhastecap.html

You need to get your casting time under 1.667 seconds (adjusted for latency).

From my XP u should aim for atleast 950haste to be able to start casting a 4th AB under 1 AM buff, depending on ur latency and realm tho , more or eventually less, imo I wont be safe until i get atleast 1000-1050 haste, AR help to cap that and object is imba tho

Just need to ask..

Atm im sitting on 1071 haste on my mage as arcane.

What do you think about this?

4x AB (no MBR proc) -> ABr -> MBRproc from the ABr -> AM -> 4x AB

Would that be a dps increase as you get the Push it to the limit buff for your next 4x AB's? Or would it just be a bad way of spending the MBR proc?

I've found that AB4AM is better for raid awareness : and that AB4AM34MBAM to be the best dps rotation in truly, mana intense situations (where one lacks both wisdom and replenishment).

Basically, for this spec, assuming you're not going to notice the proc until after your following AB is casted, unless you see the proc after 2 sets of the debuff, just plan on casting missles at the 4th stack of the debuff.

I noticed that AB4AM34MBAM was only different from AB4AM about one of out ten rotations, so unless there's nothing to look out for, AB4AM is total win for spammy/raid awareness.

Besides, the mps of this rotation is nearly half of dire's rotation! Think about it, evo's only half as much = you can fit at least 2 more rotations with those extra evo times.

Of course, this rotation suggests that you're either a noob, tired, drunk, or don't really care, since it's the half-ass rotation that's crunching *almost, but not* the best numbers. If you're still trying to adapt, since we agree that unhasted AM > Abarr, go with this rotation. Pros: you won't have to look at a single proc, ever. Cons: you might fall asleep at the keyboard.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!