Thread: Tanking Spec

Tanking Spec

Is this spec good or should i go with SoB? Please let me know
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0E00...fuzAo0g:sapmMV

Re: Tanking Spec

I would recommend moving the points in Death Rune Mastery into Chill of the Grave. Because you will always use your frost and unholy runes as frost and unholy runes, Death Rune Mastery will do nothing for you. However, extra runic power from abilities that you use constantly will enable you to use more Rune Strikes and Frost Strikes. It may also help you to be prepared with Icebound Fortitude in a pinch. Aside from that, your suggested talents look like what I think I'd use if I were to dual wield.

As regards your glyphs, I'd recommend swapping the glyph of disease for the glyph of howling blast. Using the glyph of howling blast you can fall into a simple but effective aoe rotation of HB-BB-BB-OB-(FS). The glyph of icy touch is fine, but I would've chosen either rune strike or frost strike. The main reason for this is that I tend to focus on single-target threat more since frost's aoe is pretty obscene by itself.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd definitely get Scent of Blood. It does help, especially if you don't have a resto druid for Revitalize.

10+ Year Old Account

Get SoB or CotG instead of Death Rune Mastery. DRM is only good when maxed, and you really need either SoB or CotG to generate enough runic power.

As for glyphs: drop disease. Fast. It's a craptastic glyph for frost. Also drop IT, it's not bad, but there's better. Get Frost Strike + Rune Strike, or Rune Strike + Howling Blast. If you're gonna do heroics with one disease rotation, HB, if two diseases, then FS.