Thread: MM 3v3 Glyphs

MM 3v3 Glyphs

i think i've made a spec I'm ok with using in 3v3 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cZ0eV...oe0Ibob:I0fMVz but I'm not sure what Glyphs to get! Here's my thoughts, what do you reckon would be the best 3?

1) Chimera Shot - I don't use it in PvE as it's useful ness is limited by our rotation. PvP isn't a stand & fire kinda place like PvE so more Chimeras (our biggest hit) can only be a good thing?

2) Aimed Shot - Currently it's duration = CD so it is possible to get very close to 100% uptime but a reduced CD on this glyph will a) help keep it up and as it's an instant shot 2) Give us more attacks while moving.

3) True shot Aura - 10% more crit on aimed shot is nice but it will have the additional bonus of increasing bleed procs.

4) Serpent Sting - this is THE PvE glyph, boosting Chimera-SrS damage as well as increasing the CD but is it worth it for PvP?

5) Disengage - 5 seconds CD reduction is great but if you're not in melee range it's a bit of a waste?

I may have missed some stuff out but I'm planning on doing a 3v3 with either a DK or Warrior and a healer (Class TBC).

Re: MM 3v3 Glyphs

Personally I use Glyph of Aimed shot, which makes the 50% reduced healing debuff easier to hold up,
    glyph of Disengage because it helps alot when being targeted by nasty melees, and glyph of serpentsting of course.

I think these glyphs are out of question, sure 10% crit on aimed is good with trueshot aura glyph but these 3 are better i d say.

For pvp I like to use freezing trap and disengage glyphs.

flame if you want but they work for me

I use glyph of AS, Serpent sting & disengage
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

I think i'll go Aimed, Serpent and Disengage, seems to offer a bit of everything.

Anyone have any comments on my spec? I didn't copy it from anywhere, I just went with mainly MM but with enough points in SV to get to Scatter Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valilor
    i think i've made a spec I'm ok with using in 3v3 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cZ0eV...oe0Ibob:I0fMVz but I'm not sure what Glyphs to get! Here's my thoughts, what do you reckon would be the best 3?

1) Chimera Shot - I don't use it in PvE as it's useful ness is limited by our rotation. PvP isn't a stand & fire kinda place like PvE so more Chimeras (our biggest hit) can only be a good thing?

2) Aimed Shot - Currently it's duration = CD so it is possible to get very close to 100% uptime but a reduced CD on this glyph will a) help keep it up and as it's an instant shot 2) Give us more attacks while moving.

3) True shot Aura - 10% more crit on aimed shot is nice but it will have the additional bonus of increasing bleed procs.

4) Serpent Sting - this is THE PvE glyph, boosting Chimera-SrS damage as well as increasing the CD but is it worth it for PvP?

5) Disengage - 5 seconds CD reduction is great but if you're not in melee range it's a bit of a waste?

I may have missed some stuff out but I'm planning on doing a 3v3 with either a DK or Warrior and a healer (Class TBC).

Gogo check any rank 1-20 hunter and u got a good spec with glyphs. That's how u do it!
    You could check "Braindeadly @ Darksorrow"
    Pro rank 1 hunter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I would say it depends a bit on what setup you're planing to run aswell.

If it's with doubble healer, defensive glyphs could help you to survive and turtle the enemy team untill they're oom (or run out of defensive CDs).

In case it's with healer + a melee that can peel things off you (like Rogue or DK), you probably wont need defensive glyphs as the enemy team most likely wont nuke you (unless you're planing on wearing a lot of PvE gear).

If you're planing on runing with a caster (like a warlock), a mix of defensive and offensive burst glyphs could be good idea. Defensive, since there's noone to peel off you (so you could get nuked). And offensive so that you will be able to burst someone down together with the caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxomglolwtfqq
    Gogo check any rank 1-20 hunter and u got a good spec with glyphs. That's how u do it!
    You could check "Braindeadly @ Darksorrow"
    Pro rank 1 hunter
    Good idea.

So I checked out that guy and his talents were very similar to what I picked, other than a few points out of damage and more into mana regen...I guess his fights go on a bit longer than mine! Glad to see he wasn't BM though, I hate that spec, feels like I do 0 damage in it.

Glyph wise, he's gone Aimed, Disengage and TSA - again similar to mine but with TSA over Serpent Sting. I think I'll copy that one but go with my spec unless I start having mana issues (I'll also go with a spider).

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    I use glyph of AS, Serpent sting & disengage
    Once Elendur of Arthas.