Deep Freeze pvp question

Since Deep Freeze does dmg to targets imune to stuns how does it work on a paladin bubble? Should it deal dmg although the paladin is imune to all incamin dmg? Ty for answering(i am an arcane mage and i wanted to know this)

Re: Deep Freeze pvp question

because if the pally is bubbled he's immune to stun right?

i'm confused, are you saying that it DOES hit him while he's bubbled or that it DOESN'T? (dont play a pvp frost mage)
    if the former, its because the pally is immune to stuns, so deep freeze's second mechanic goes off; if the latter, its becauseits bubble, and its pallies, and mages cant be too op can they?
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Think it doesn't. If it works just like Chaos Bolts which goes to resistances/immunities (PW:S, CoS) it doesn't go through bubble and iceblock
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

read the tooltip...
    It will onlyy do damage on permamently immune targets, so no

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Deep freeze only does damage to targets permanently immune to stun effects (like bosses). Bubble just makes you temporarily immune to stun, which means you will do no damage to it. But even if it would do damage, it still would be just like any other damage ability, and bubble would make the paladin immune.

then you guys sugesting they added dmg to it only for pve?.... who uses that in pve?

That was why they added it - to make frost more viable in PvE.. well it still isn't - even with the deep freeze changes and the permanent water elemental.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shippior
    Think it doesn't. If it works just like Chaos Bolts which goes to resistances/immunities (PW:S, CoS) it doesn't go through bubble and iceblock
    "Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorbtion effects."
    Power Word: Shield = absorbtion effect
    Cloak of Shadows = 90% resist chance

It sais nothing about piercing through damage immunity effects.

Quote Originally Posted by mosene
    then you guys sugesting they added dmg to it only for pve?.... who uses that in pve?
    Exactly, the change was only for PvE. They have stated that they want to make all 30 spec viable for both PvP and PvE, and this is a change to improve improve Frost in PvE without making them even more OP in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

a bubbled paladin isn't frozen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by velkanius
    a bubbled paladin isn't frozen...
    I would say good point but deep freeze - in most cases - will be cast on the frost finger proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arka90

It sais nothing about piercing through damage immunity effects.

This. I ice block Chaos Bolts a lot.

@OP: It's a pve buff. It will never (and should never) do damage in a pvp situation.