Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Unidentifiable Organ needs a FIX

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    With the exception of Saurfang, every fight has a considerable magic portion so far.

Not to mention, discussing ilvl 200 trinkets makes zero sense in this current content.
    No one is really talking about an ilvl 200 trinket. We're talking about Unidentifiable Organ which is 251/264.

The magic damage on bosses isn't what kills tanks for most of the fights:

Marrowgar: Moving out of fire is hard lol. Saberlash is the danger here, not coldfire. Armor is effective against Saberlash.

Deathwhisper: Yeah, magic damage fight. Also, not dangerous to tanks if your rogues, DKs, enh shamans and fury warriors aren't retarded.

Gunship: I know lol gunship, but the enemy captain is actually semi-interesting. Armor works on him. The only magic damage is from rockets, which shouldn't hit you on the enemy ship.

Saurfang: Pure physical like you said.

Festergut: The magic damage that hits the raid isn't what kills the tank, it's the fast and hard physical damage during 2 and 3 stacks of inhale blight.

Rotface: Tank death isn't usually what wipes groups here, but all of the magic damage on the main tank is 100% avoidable through skill.

Putricide: Not sure about this one yet... but I see this as more of a DPS coordination check than a tank gear check.

Blood Prince Council: Mostly magic damage, don't use this trinket.

Blood Queen Lana'thel: MT gets hit for physical, OT gets hit for shadow. If tank swaps are necessary, it could make the trinket bad for this fight (OTOH, the stamina part should stay stacked from blood mirror even when you're OTing). Still need to know more about this fight.

Glyph of indom is waaaay better than the organs in it's current state almost 100% of the times. I have seen organs stack up to 10 maybe 1 or 2 times in ICC and it dropped off quite fast. (bosses not trash) Sure it's nice with the armor but for any fight where the armor is nice, the dodge on use at the glyph is far superior to the unreliable procc of the organs.

Marrowgar, festergut, rotface and PP are bosses where it SHOULD be useful to have the organs but since the procc is such lackluster atm, I choose glyph OVER organs on all those fights. Or just double scarab.

I have not seen one argument that would convince me to take that trinket.
    Random stamina on fights is not that great and armor is good to have, but there are better trinket alternatives out there.

Fix, known stamina increase is way better, as it can be calculated in the encounter (not random) and is effective during spell damage as well, where armor does nothing at the moment. Considering tank switches on most ICC raid bossess for having debuffs fall off, and stacking dodge with new gear, this trinket seems even worse for what it was intended...

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

I don't see how this could be amazing for a bear, they have higher dodge, so they also avoid a lot of incoming damage. I think ICC trinket with stam + more stam on use (that is, you decide, not random) is much better, as well as many other alternatives.
    Eh, even if we have higher dodge, we have less avoidance overall. Miss and parry are avoidance as well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    Edit: If the proc is useless and the armor isn't, then people would just use this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47735, which is in a lower tier of raiding..In fact it can be obtained through heroic badges. Why in the name of hell would blizzard make an item from ICC that sucks comparatively? They wouldn't, it needs a fix.
    TOGC still drops BIS trinkets for me (mage). IMO it's not unusual for lower level trinkets to be better than higher level trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    The trinket is in no way bugged, thus it does not in any way need a fix. It might be bad for you, but as Supa stated, it is quite useful for druids and with the -20% dodge from ICC aura I doubt it is that bad, especially when heroic hits.

Sensmoral: Don't say an item sucks or needs a fix, buff or anything just because it isn't perfectly fit for you.
    dont see why -20% dodge changes the usefullness for druids compared to any other tanking class

no icc tank has <20% dodge so all lose the same amount of avoidance.
    armor from trinkets isnt affacted by %-talent of any of the 4 tank classes, they all got the same amount out of it.

the trinket is ok as it is - it is a 251 trinket of one of the earlier non-hardmode 10m bosses, its not meant to be the uber all time armor, all time stamina trinket which every tank needs to have as bis item.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    dont see why -20% dodge changes the usefullness for druids compared to any other tanking class

no icc tank has <20% dodge so all lose the same amount of avoidance.
    armor from trinkets isnt affacted by %-talent of any of the 4 tank classes, they all got the same amount out of it.

the trinket is ok as it is - it is a 251 trinket of one of the earlier non-hardmode 10m bosses, its not meant to be the uber all time armor, all time stamina trinket which every tank needs to have as bis item.
    THIS

Why are tanks so stupid when it comes to trinkets? The armor is amazing. The proc is just icing on the cake. Armor is arguably more valuable than stamina with our current gear levels.

The trinket is amazing on Marrowgar. Marginally useful on Deathwhisper. Airship doesn't matter. Saurfang, I'd say it's pretty damn good. Festergut it is amazing. Rotface it is amazing. For the boss tank in Putricide, it is amazing until P3. For Blood Prince council it is marginally useful. Not sure about Blood Queen, haven't done that fight yet. And of course it is amazing on trash.

You guys must just not even remotely understand tanking. EH is better than avoidance. Armor is equally useful for all tanks, not just druids. L2play. Learn your role. Learn your class. This thread is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...c&f=21&t=26800

All theorycrafting about this (bad) trinket you'd ever want.
    I would never trust maintankadin. Nearly everything I've read there is almost criminally stupid.

Edit: I just looked at that thread, bwahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

15+ Year Old Account

Have you ever not trolled in a topic?

The trinket is amazing on Marrowgar. Marginally useful on Deathwhisper. Airship doesn't matter. Saurfang, I'd say it's pretty damn good. Festergut it is amazing. Rotface it is amazing. For the boss tank in Putricide, it is amazing until P3. For Blood Prince council it is marginally useful. Not sure about Blood Queen, haven't done that fight yet. And of course it is amazing on trash.

You guys must just not even remotely understand tanking. EH is better than avoidance. Armor is equally useful for all tanks, not just druids. L2play. Learn your role. Learn your class. This thread is embarrassing.
    L2Read: we never said armor was useless, but we always said this trinket is not useful in any way. Assume you get this trinket, it means you have been killing Marrowgar without it. Please, please do not tell me Marrowgar is hard... its the entry boss to give your raid free loot. No need for any trinket or cooldown there. I would ask where it is useful on Deathwhisper? You mean your armor negates her magic damage, or you mean the caster mobs will? Or you mean once she manages to hit you, and you switch over to another tank due to debuff, you let the proc drop off? Thought so. Airship we agree on. Saurfang - since you switch tanks, any stacks drop off without much addition. Its not ideal if you need this trinket there. Rotface hits like a weakling trash mob, you are never in any danger to die there - the whole fight is about the blobs. Festergut - maybe, maybe its not that bad, as tank switches don't happen so fast. Putricide again does not do too much damage - you will win or loose the fight depending on handling the spawning blobs. So I never saw any fight where this trinket would do better than the many other ones out there - maybe on Festergut it could be useful if you happen to have it. Knowing when you have stamina (on use) is much better than random stuff.

It seems to me that they forget avoidance when making these tank proc items. The 3% proc for the armor bonus from the Ashen Verdict ring screams, "We had no idea tanks could avoid attacks!". Unidentifable Organ seems better at 60%, but then realize it stacks 10 times. Given our avoidance rates and the nature of RNG, the chance for stacks to fall off is incredibly high. If one stack was lost whenever the buff wasn't renewed, this trnket would be much better. Considering that all the stacks fall off immediately makes this item mediocre. The best change they could do is have the stacks fall off one by one.