Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Anyone notice how the Warrior Prot "nerf" was really just a Mage buff?

Now, watch how easy it is for a frost mage to lock down an arms warrior....
    Because we see many arms warriors running around with Warbringer, yes?

Think about it: 3 gap closers on short cooldown combined with silence and stun on insta cast, plus the free rage for the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomarl
    For the people saying the nerf was warranted, what. the. fuck. I don't see prot wars anywhere close to being in the top 100, so they're obviously not that great eh? People these days...
    So, just because few people play it, it's ok to let it be overpowered?

Representation and balance don't compensate one another linearly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald
    Um no. That's why there is PvE and PvP. PvP gear, the way it is now, is not itemized towards PvE in any way at all. I dislike PvP, I dont want to spend time trying to get an arena rating just so I can go raid in PvE.
    I supose you kinda understand my point, then. That's exactly the way it's for PvPers atm... just the other way around.

Myself, I love arena. But I hate having to raid every week just to be at an equal gear level with the teams I face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin
    Because we see many arms warriors running around with Warbringer, yes?

Think about it: 3 gap closers on short cooldown combined with silence and stun on insta cast, plus the free rage for the charge.

You're missing the point. I'm saying they're obviously not overpowered if a prot warrior can't make it anywhere remotely close to top 100 arena teams, if they were overpowered you'd see the top 100 teams composed of tons of prot warriors. People are just angry that prot warriors are doing okay in PvP, because up until LK they were only viable for WSG and AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    I don't count DKs, they're just extra NPCs in my book.
    0/10

and to your original post, -4/10. Please, quit complaining about the class you don't play.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald
    If you are going to insult some one, try to spell it correctly. Idiot.
    justice?

For the people saying the nerf was warranted, what. the. fuck. I don't see prot wars anywhere close to being in the top 100, so they're obviously not that great eh? People these days...
    ignorance is bliss i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by galindo
    warbringer was never the problem, the problem was doing 10-15k damage within a 12sec lock out, plus having survivability.
    10-15k in 12 seconds is overpowered? Last I checked, 5k on a single spell cast was the norm. Nerf Casters?

I don't play prot pvp, but even I find that kind of sad. Especially considering most self-respecting dps have 22k health pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin

I believe the point was, if it was so overpowered, why are not more people jumping on the bandwagon? Like they did with Death Knights? And pallies?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

You're missing the point. I'm saying they're obviously not overpowered if a prot warrior can't make it anywhere remotely close to top 100 arena teams, if they were overpowered you'd see the top 100 teams composed of tons of prot warriors. People are just angry that prot warriors are doing okay in PvP, because up until LK they were only viable for WSG and AV.
    Actually, the highest rated team in the world (3008 rating at the time I write this) is Prot Warrior + MM hunter + Holy Pally.

Here's a link for ya:
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/
    It's a list of the highest rated 3v3 teams in the world, starting with the highest rated one.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bullocks
    justice?
    Eh, at least I spelled my insult correctly. I'm glad you support trolls though

Prot shouldn't be viable in PvP period. You shouldn't be able to tank other players. The ability to survive 4-5 people pounding on you while slamming out 10k+ shield slams is too much.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    So let me get this straight. You are complaining because there was a nerf to prot warriors which made it hard (if not impossible) to beat a frost mage 1v1?

This is such a stupid topic and should be deleted. OMG, Rock doesn't beat both Scissors AND Paper. That's BS. Paper is OP.
    Thx for my new sig dyce09 its brilliant

Usually my warrior was my main pvp character.
    But just look what they've messed up so far.
    Rage doesn't build up if you hit shielded targets, and nowadays, almost everyone has some kind of shield or damage reducing ability which cuts your rage generation too.
    Weapons tree was the only tree to pvp, now fury can be used too. At least on paper. You are even more cc'able, you have even less movability, your wannabe mortal strike needs 2 attacks to be applied and you have 5% more damage to digest, 25% if you count death wish in and you're dealing with another melee, and since they (melees) are superior in almost anything nowadays... well.
    The arms tree itself, ok it has some nice features like bladestorm, second wind or juggernaut, but bladestorm can easily be avoided by warlocks, mages, rogues, paladins and druids or in near future all worgen (which will populate 80% of the alliance on every server, mark my words) and second wind is just a drop in the ocean, even if you mix it with enraged regeneration.
    i can't tell if it was implemented as a well-intentioned gesture or a joke by blizzard, but all i know is, that the healing you receive may be nice, especially in instances where you need to keep your ass save as a tank, but is nothing compared to the dps that lolrets or warlocks throw around for example.

Now the Tank tree was good in PvP, and blizz noticed it.
    So what do they do, they nerf the warrior. Again.
    Let's just compare.
    Frostmage - Iceblock, ice lance, deep freeze stun, tons of freezes, a water elemental that (oh wonder) freezes you again, mana shield, frost shield that freezes you again if you manage to destroy it, polymorph, blink, mirror images to snare you even more and invisibility.
    Retpaladin - hammer stun, that other long ranged stun i always forget the name of, lay on hands, divine shield, that other dmg absorbing shield, instant flash of light, hand of freedom

I know that there must be some classes that own other classes, but still there's no class that is that fucked up for PvP at the moment and now they nerf it even more.
    I really lost interest for PvP in WotlK, since it's no skill contest anymore but a burst and/or cc fest.

Hey Devs, how about putting down your Mage and Rogue mains for a bit and trying out the other 7 classes?
    I guess you didn't get the memo about Hunger for Blood being nerfed from 15% -> 10% -> 5%. In-game, the tooltip still says 15%, even though it's only 5%.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut
    a burst and/or cc fest.
    you forgot pillar humping.

Just another change that us warriors that have long since abandoned bothering with any sort of pvp will still feel the effects of.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    frost mages have always beaten warriors..

thats just how it is, and thats how it will always be.
    This is true.... It's also true that they have always lost to Locks/Druids/Rogues, what happened to that?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Frost Mages once again goes back to being the undisputed kings of PvP DPS with no counters.
    enhance shamans are actually great counters to frost mages...
    purge ice barriers
    pop wolves -> spirit walk out of frost nova
    earthbind totem to remove slows (ice armor/frostbolts)
    grounding totem/interupt any sheeps etc.

The #1 team in the world is Holy Paladin \ Prot Warrior \ Survival Hunter.

So yea Prot Warriors are within the top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Viin
    Hey fagot PvPer stop complaining so PvEers don't have to suffer.
    This.
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsv
    The #1 team in the world is Holy Paladin \ Prot Warrior \ Survival Hunter.

So yea Prot Warriors are within the top 100
    Okay... so whats wrong with that exactly? Imo it's a good thing, more variety is always a good thing. People just don't want to adapt.