Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's Garrosh's Excuse?

What's Garrosh's excuse to hate so much the alliance? He is just ignorant...
    PLEASE NO BIAS

10+ Year Old Account

Re: What's Garrosh's Excuse?

I guess he's just one of those because-they're-not-Horde fella's... Y'know, the type that shoots diplomats as a impulse.
    "Long past the nuclear annihilation that burned Earth to a scorched ball of fire, Gabe Newell awakens from his nap and jumps out of his underground shack, rides to the Los Angeles Convention Centre and announces Half Life 3, due to come out next week Valve time. The fourteen cockroaches and Keith Richards found underneath the bridge talking about how Richards snorted his uncle that survived the apocalypse, are happy." - Likelyhood of Half Life 3.

15+ Year Old Account

Garrosh doesn't know why he's angry he just is.

Reminds me of these guys.. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470146 (watch your volume)

It is possible that he has had some forays with the Alliance in Outland, or that other orcs brought stories of the Alliance when they returned to Dreanor. While he does seem to hate Alliance, I think that he primarily views them as being weaklings that no nothing of "orcish honor" or something along those lines. I am just hoping that Blizzard actually makes Garrosh a believable character in the future. Raiding Orgrimmar to kill Thrall was always a challenge, because Horde would protect him so fiercely. I do not forsee Horde players giving as much resistance to killing Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not that he hates the alliance.
    But his cleave does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc
    Raiding Orgrimmar to kill Thrall was always a challenge, because Horde would protect him so fiercely. I do not forsee Horde players giving as much resistance to killing Garrosh.
    If and when Garrosh lays a finger on Cairne, that sob wont get any protection from me at least... Been spitting on him every toc 5m after the post where it was told that Garrosh will assassinate/execute Cairne as a traitor...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Daddy issues.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Why does he need an excuse for hating his enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxador
    Why does he need an excuse for hating his enemy?
    It's generally advisable to always have very specific and coherent reasons for hating someone.

I dunno about coherent with him, but it's because he found out his dad's a hero and daddy hated them damned Allies, so there you go.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

He's really pissed because people always ganked him right when he got off his wyvern when bombing Halaa!

It is possible that he has had some forays with the Alliance in Outland, or that other orcs brought stories of the Alliance when they returned to Dreanor. While he does seem to hate Alliance, I think that he primarily views them as being weaklings that no nothing of "orcish honor" or something along those lines. I am just hoping that Blizzard actually makes Garrosh a believable character in the future. Raiding Orgrimmar to kill Thrall was always a challenge, because Horde would protect him so fiercely. I do not forsee Horde players giving as much resistance to killing Garrosh.
    This is still is not a vaild excuse.
    YOu continue blaming Varian cuz he hates horde because they ravaged his kingdom and you say it's not a valid excuse.
    GET MOAAR (I created this thread just to see all the escuses players will invent)
    @Kaladarosoemthing : You can't attack Garrosh in TBC.
    Even Saurfang doesn't hate the alliance so much and he still has valid excuses.

Garrosh is just a racist, he is even gonna kick all non orcs out of certain parts of Org.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

periods

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett
    Garrosh is just a racist, he is even gonna kick all non orcs out of certain parts of Org.
    this

Garrosh hates the alliance for a few reasons. His Mag'har orcs, while untainted, have been not only fighting the Ogres in nagrand, but also the Kurenai that sided with the Alliance forces that went through the dark portal led by the Sons of Lothar. The Sons of Lothar had a negative view of orcs when entering the Dark Portal itself, because they did not know of the entire history, and thus, the Alliance Forces fiercly came into comflict with any Orc in Outland, Mag'har or Fel orc, it didn't matter.

Given this is Garrosh's only view of humans and the alliance, it likely soured him as he grew into leadership while constantly being told of the blood curse his father had instilled upon his kind, even though the curse had been broken.

After Thrall returns to Nagrand and shows Garrosh what happened, Garrosh realizes that while he had been holding back for fear of this curse against the enemies that had been seeking to wipe out his people (or so he thinks. Even if the Fel orcs cause some problems like in Hellfire they don't always realize this. I am sure some of the Burning Legion's, and Illidan's deceptions have worked) he no longer needs to keep his fury in check. That's why Garrosh is so rabid, because this intense fury and hatred at seeing so many of his people fall to the wars in Outland with the Alliance Forces, The Burning Legion, and Illidan, had to be quelled for so long that when it broke free it was like a tidal wave.

Granted, I still dislike Garrosh. I think he is a weak lore character that has no business being promoted and that everything needs to be more fully explained other than "He's Grom's kid" before ever placing him in charge. However, there are few choices logically for Warchief should Thrall step down (which he will). You really only have Garrosh and Saurfang. If, for some reason, Saurfang will die lore wise in Icecrown, then Garrosh is really the only logical choice, simply because he is Grom's kid, which makes him a hereditary warchief, which is what the orcs would most likely only really follow without too much in fighting and a civil war that would destroy the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    This is still is not a vaild excuse.
    YOu continue blaming Varian cuz he hates horde because they ravaged his kingdom and you say it's not a valid excuse.
    GET MOAAR (I created this thread just to see all the escuses players will invent)
    Rusher, do you even bother reading my posts? Not once do I even mention or allude to Varian. I am not trying to come up with excuses or to defend him, but some plausible explanations based upon what little we know.

Personally I think his motivation came from ____________ ( can't remember the Orc's name )

He basically told Garrosh he was not an " Real Orc " and that they were weak ( due to the measles ) and that he wished they would just die. Considering that Garrosh even though was very sick was still willing to try to fight for the Horde would have been a HUGE shot to ones morale.

I think ever since then he's probably been thinking... I'll show them I'm a real Orc etc... wanting to prove that asshole wrong.

I would say he's gone a bit overboard with his zeal on his quest to prove how " Orcish " he is but it's the only thing I can think of the explain his behavior. ( which make no doubtsis very bad behavior! :P )

I could be totally wrong. :-[

Where is Trivia Orc to fill in that blank spot on that generals name :-\

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Personally I think his motivation came from ____________ ( can't remember the Orc's name )
    Kargath Bladefist.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Where is Trivia Orc to fill in that blank spot on that generals name :-\
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Kargath Bladefist.
    :P
    Thank you kindly!

This is actually true. On my server at least. Each time a captial is raided everyone's like "defend ho!", but when they get to Orgrimmar it's a completely different thing.
    You even see some players from topguilds that wouldn't give a damn come and defend, when Org gets attacked everyone comes. I doubt it will be the same with Garrosh. Guess it'll be harder for 'em to down Cairne now then.