Just some nub questions.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...e=Prophetnoata

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Prophetnoata

Im seeing different comments on specs/gemming mostly when it comes to holy and i want to ask some questions to help me out. I logged out in ret gear so i have a wow-heroes link so you can see both of my gear sets and i linked my armory so you can see my talents/glyphs.

1) Holy talents. So i hear 51/5/15 is weak. Its my OS and my guild doesnt need me to use it its just my preference for when i wanna pug. So im not gonna be hardcore raiding with it. Is it worth it to switch for 10/25 toc 10 icc pugs? a lot of people dont have imp might and some 10 mans dont have dps warriors so i see that better than dsac in a 10 man.

2) Gemming. Im seeing many different opinions on this. When Wotlk came out use to gem sp for the big heals. Then with ulduar and toc i hear pure int since we overheal anyway and the big mana cost means we need more mana. And i also hear news of people mixing up sp/int like the 12 sp 10 int gem. And this is the option i tried to go with at first but it couldnt keep up. So now im stacking int.

3) Enchants. i kno the head/shoulder i should prob switch to the mp5 but im just gonna wait till upgrades as not to waste 160g for something so easily replaced. but other than that is there any wrong enchants here besides 8 to chest.

Thats about all for now im sure more questions will come to me later. Ty in advance and feel free to comment on both my specs/gear

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Just some nub questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata

1) Holy talents. So i hear 51/5/15 is weak. Its my OS and my guild doesnt need me to use it its just my preference for when i wanna pug. So im not gonna be hardcore raiding with it. Is it worth it to switch for 10/25 toc 10 icc pugs? a lot of people dont have imp might and some 10 mans dont have dps warriors so i see that better than dsac in a 10 man.

2) Gemming. Im seeing many different opinions on this. When Wotlk came out use to gem sp for the big heals. Then with ulduar and toc i hear pure int since we overheal anyway and the big mana cost means we need more mana. And i also hear news of people mixing up sp/int like the 12 sp 10 int gem. And this is the option i tried to go with at first but it couldnt keep up. So now im stacking int.

3) Enchants. i kno the head/shoulder i should prob switch to the mp5 but im just gonna wait till upgrades as not to waste 160g for something so easily replaced. but other than that is there any wrong enchants here besides 8 to chest.
    1) From what I've heard and read, having the 51/5/15 is a good choice at least at first. But switching to 51/20/0 might be better when going into the "upper tier" of raiding because of the increased duration and absorption on your Sacred Shield, plus having DSac as a possible panic button. But calling 51/5/15 weak is exaggerating.

2) Your gems pretty much depend on your playstyle. If you go for mostly healing with FS and HS, you should gem mostly for SP, since FS benefits more than HL from HL. But if you heal mostly with HL, you should gem for int, since you need the int to keep healing on longer fights. And with T9 being available to everyone, you can easily reach 30k mana by gemming pure int. Of course, don't neglect the meta bonus.

3) AFAIK, you shouldn't have to use mp5 enchants unless you have big mana issues. I'd say enchant SP and int to be on the safe side, or maybe haste to get capped. But only in regard to the buyable enchants, I don't think MP5 is necessary.

I hope this helped.
    Definition of irony:

Re: Just some nub questions.

1: Get Divine Guardian. Its insanely good.

2: Gem int. Int will give you far more stats than pure spellpower.

3: Mp5 enchants are better, but not crucial at all. There is no need to change your enchants, but once you upgrade your pieces, get mp5 ones. There is no such thing as too much mana regen.

lol @ sp +int/haste head/shoulder enchants. You can only wish.

4: get a new guild so you can raid properly.