Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Pre-Cataclysm Launch Event, what do you think it will be?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    In case you didnt know we are already getting little quakes.. They are easy to miss especially if you are not standing still but I know quite a few people now who have experienced them including myself.

I was in ironforge when I notced my screen shuddering... thought my mouse was messing around as I was stood still but no.. it literally was a shuddering screen, tabbed out of wow t check it wasnt my monitor and it wasnt...

The pre Cata event has already started guys, albeit in a very subtle way
    Aye, I've seen the Earthquake in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    It would be very bad marketing if they stated that the Launch Event would suck
    i lol'd.
    But it's true though

Just as they won't probably give their expected release date to us, because it's that far away people would QQ and quit wow already.

There will be a lot going on. Deathwing riseing, thrall's departure, orgs destruction, entire landscapes maimed by dragonkin. I have a lot of faith in this being a vastly fun event.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I experienced a small earthquake in Ironforge too some days ago ???

I just thought it was some felhoud pet passing nearby, but it should be investigated

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    In case you didnt know we are already getting little quakes.. They are easy to miss especially if you are not standing still but I know quite a few people now who have experienced them including myself.

I was in ironforge when I notced my screen shuddering... thought my mouse was messing around as I was stood still but no.. it literally was a shuddering screen, tabbed out of wow t check it wasnt my monitor and it wasnt...

The pre Cata event has already started guys, albeit in a very subtle way
    btw thats just a huntard with his corehound pet running around

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbuddy
    So your answer to the thousand or so odd players that experienced this is... "corehound pet" Mm.. Indeed very..... INCORRECT!

It's happened to a lot of my friends, it's not a pet. In the stages of the PTR during 3.3, there were visible npc's called "quakers" or something along those lines in every Major City, thing is, they weren't there before 3.3, and they were hidden shortly after they were discovered. So basically those Npc's are causing those little screen shakes, it is NOT a pet, it is a event npc.

10+ Year Old Account

Part 1 Disturbences from Afar

You are sent by the explorers league to investigate the earthquakes happening al over azeroth and questioning the locals citzens about them and they notice that there has been a few occurences with strange monsters that are not native to the land or outright different.You return to the quest giver and he is disturbed by the news.

Part 2 Heralds of the Apacolype

The earthquakes continue talks of an apacolypse come from random Npcs from all the capitals and then an officer of that captial assures the rest of the citzens not to worry.

Part 3 Elemental Upheaval

Upon the scene with the Npcs a strong earthquake is felt and a great Upheaval occures making a huge whole near the capital cities you find a npc that has a quest whom tells you to investigate the crater only to be attacked by earth elementals upon killing them all a small cave sits in front of you and others to enter.

as you journery into the Cavern deeper and deeper you find a portal being opened by the twilight dwarfs you and the rest of the players attack but a elemental officer is summoned and attacks.after being defeated a wounded twilight hammer will tell you he is coming the destroyer.

Part 4 The Destroyer

As he says this the earth starts to shake and you and upon exiting the cavern an earquake of immense power starts and and then a loud eruption and the voice of Deathwing exclaiming I have risen from my retreat the world shall know the power of Deathwing

im not that creative but thats what id thik it be like but probably on a bigger scale

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbuddy
    True but I am used to those and they tend to be accompanied by a big dog and very specific sound effects as thats what I assumed it was at first although I didnt notice any...

Also check the link below for more info on specific "shaker" mobs supposedly in game.

http://www.wow.com/2009/12/28/are-in...m-world-event/
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

hey guys, we already have seen the start of this 'pre-catacylsm" event, its is located @ 18° 32' 21 N 72° 20' 6 W

www.maps.google.com

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicRage
    hey guys, we already have seen the start of this 'pre-catacylsm" event, its is located @ 18° 32' 21 N 72° 20' 6 W

www.maps.google.com
    Hur hur hur. :

Even with graphics on lowest settings I have noticed these quakes as recently as yesterday. If I am not mistaken there is also a small rumble.(noise)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

you sir, win and fail in the same post (AcidicRage).

OT: I remember the description of the BC expac event and the blizzard description of entering Outlands. The description FAR surpassed the actual events going on through the portal.

I hope blizzard remedies this. Both the Naxx release event in Vanilla and Wotlk zombie event were amazing, BC was meh worthy. (besides Kazzak owning IF)
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

It will be something BIG, EPIC and which'll affect the daily gaming of everyone. It'll be an event which compells everyone to take a part of it, for everyone to have fun with in the short time it lasts.

... and then

*CRACK*
    It happens.
    General forum is overflooded with whines about "OMG I can't level 'cuz liek big elites are killing me and omg i not pay 4 this", "omg ground cracked and i fell and died pay my repair bill", "omg blizz fails", "omg i no get candel, sue u blizz", "omg i cant visit AH cuz the hole biuliding collapsed. f u blizz", "omg stop earthquaking meeee", etc.

Obviously, the same thing that happened last time. Many will love it, but there will be whine from a few pitiful and they'll try to scream the loudest while everyone else's having fun.

Kvaldir attacks
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=24442

And earthquakes and drakes.

Besides what if southshore wasn't destroyed by the sea but mayby the kvaldir?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux
    It will be something BIG, EPIC and which'll affect the daily gaming of everyone. It'll be an event which compells everyone to take a part of it, for everyone to have fun with in the short time it lasts.

... and then

*CRACK*
    It happens.
    General forum is overflooded with whines about "OMG I can't level 'cuz liek big elites are killing me and omg i not pay 4 this", "omg ground cracked and i fell and died pay my repair bill", "omg blizz fails", "omg i no get candel, sue u blizz", "omg i cant visit AH cuz the hole biuliding collapsed. f u blizz", "omg stop earthquaking meeee", etc.

Obviously, the same thing that happened last time. Many will love it, but there will be whine from a few pitiful and they'll try to scream the loudest while everyone else's having fun.

ROFL - so so so true.... for those in the know the REAL CATACLYSM will happen on the official Blizzard Forums shortly after the in game one.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

10+ Year Old Account

im guessing invading elementals with a few demons chucked in just for lols while zombies eat brains and then dread citadels attacking major citys which spawn some rubbish level 80 mobs and a small chance to spawn a rare which drops 80 epics that will be replaced within a month, then during the time this is happening a 30min cutscene randomly happens which causes your character to stop moving while the mobs around you eat you alive.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux
    *CRACK*
    It happens.
    I hope Blizz lets the Elemental Lieutenants (Ragnaros, Al'akir, Neptulon, Therazane) loose in all the zones at random as huge unkillable boss thingies with an army of lesser elementals backing them. Of course, Deathwing'd fly over the zones from time to time, spewing molten lava at everyone in sight.

Then I'll just go to the official forums, lay back and enjoy the QQ.

most probably we'll see rise of elementals. elementals raging into noob locations, mercilessly slaughtering over and over hundreds of thousand newbies, huge earthquake destroying stormwind (<3) while some ragnaros's lackey attack orgrimar.
    should be fun.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

WotLK Event was an improved Scourge Invasion (same event that happen during Naxxramas release)

So for Cataclysm I'm betting a improved Elemental Invasion that already exist also

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    A Plaque that would turn players and most NPC's into Zombies.

NOT A PLAQUE!

why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

an improved elemental invasion as mentioned before would be good, much like the scourge invading various zones. i expect them to add different elementals per main city for example:
    earth:exodar/undercity (underground)
    air:darnassus/thunder bluff (in the sky)
    water:stormwind/silvermoon (close to/at the coast)
    fire:ironforge/orgrimmar(has a massive lava pool under/in the middle of the city)

it could also be that they make dragons attack the cities and twilight hammer cultists + elementals invading zones.
    it would be more epic if they make it at those places being changed alot like water elementals in azshara with floods and fire elementals in burning steppes/searing gorge with vulcanoes and lots of lava (owait already is there).

still, elementals, extreme weather, lava, earthquakes, black dragons is basicly what i expect.