Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Frost tank talent query: I want my 15 seconds back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    If we're getting nitpicky here, I can't understand why everybody specs 5/5 Killing machine, considering RS is our main Damage (on single target at least) and does not crit of this talent.
    Because if you are Frost then HB SHOULD be your main AoE threat generator. I pull using DG, DnD, wait on mobs, HB, BB to finish. I would say at least 50% of the time I either have a KM proc left over from last pull or get a proc while waiting on mobs to come to me after the DG. HB Crit is really nice threat generation. Not to mention the whole Frost Fever and Icy Talons proc for my group. I can pull without DnD and often do and never lose aggro. It is the same principle. I use HB to produce AoE threat. DG, wait, HB, BB, BB, Oblit. (and hopefully Rime & KM proc for a free crit HB).

Maintaining aggro in Heroics is not hard for a Frost DK. DnD is ok, but you should check the TPS it puts out. HB (especially if it is glyphed and adds Frost Fever to everything) will put out way more TPS. Not to mention reducing your incoming damage to make up for not having Block. It is a much simpler rotation than using Pestilence. Almost as easy to tank as a Pally. Almost....

Adding dual wielding to the mix definitely makes it hard to stretch the points as far as one would like. My advice would be to shift all points from scent of blood into bladed armor. Then shift the points in hungering cold and lichborne into epidemic. Ignore morbidity and get a howling blast glyph. You should then be set.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xZhxe0AbIoc0fuzAo0xhh

I go with that on my DW frost tank, he is in the same position, mostly tanking heroics. You can drop the points in Ravenous Dead and put them in Bladed Armor if you prefer, but I like the extra strength with things like Rune of the Fallen Crusader. Plus any extra damage to the ghoul is just a bonus.

For heroics Deathchill is very handy for snap aggro on adds or a group your party opened up the AoE on before you got there.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.