DW DPS frost and unholy

So i have seen alot of people hate on DW just becasue everyone thinks 2h is the way to go. Which this maybe true i still DW. with that being said if your frost spec 15/53/3 spec it is a good spec brings a haste buff to the raid HB hits hard as far as AOE goes so i would have to say in a 25man boss fight i pushed 5800dps which i still havent put enough time to figure out how to make it higher.

Now unholy is my main and fav spec. i run with 3/16/52 spec using obr. now i have hit 6300 damage single target boss fight which isnt to bad but i still have a few things left to upgrade. So if u do this rotation correct you will find that you are hitting just as hard as any other dps DK out if not harder.

Now this is to the people that was gonna spam post fail dk and 2her ftw. I will agree i cause maybe hit a lil harder with a 2h due to its eailer to get ups with 2hs. But i have seen very few DKs with 2her beat me in damage and dps. And yes im expecting you guys to say they must suck. But imo 6k+ dps dont really suck but who knows

10+ Year Old Account

Re: DW DPS frost and unholy

depending on gear level 6k could be great or it could be bad.

10+ Year Old Account

/facepalm at UH DW post-3.3

well if u go by Gearscore im at 5290gs tho again as everyone should know that DW UH dps need alot of raid buffs to do well just as anyclass does but ya

alot of my dps lack atm is due to my lack of armor pen. which should be getting fixed this week if all goes well

10+ Year Old Account

You'll notice that you'd do more dps as DW frost, or as 2h unholy.

And... give an armory link. Gearscore tells exactly nothing. However, roughly estimating, my offspec has slightly better gear than you (though, I'd need an armory link to be sure) and I pull ~8-9k in most boss fights, as 2h unholy, in terribly unoptimal gear. So that 6.3k is quite lackluster, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    You'll notice that you'd do more dps as DW frost, or as 2h unholy.

And... give an armory link. Gearscore tells exactly nothing. However, roughly estimating, my offspec has slightly better gear than you (though, I'd need an armory link to be sure) and I pull ~8-9k in most boss fights, as 2h unholy, in terribly unoptimal gear. So that 6.3k is quite lackluster, I'm afraid.
    and yes i have noticed that i guess i could be higher as frost just so used to the unholy rotation haha but ya i believe your right as far as going frost

10+ Year Old Account

You should try 4pT9, for one. Apart from that, your gear is fairly similar to my offspec (I have better cloak and 4pT9, iLevel 245, but worse belt & rings), and I'm pulling 8k+ dps on most bosses.

DW Unholy isn't really viable anymore. If you want to DW, frost is the way to go. But 2h Unholy will outperform that in almost all cases.

The frost priority system is pretty darn simple (tbh, it was easier for me to learn frost, than to learn unholy :P) too

You're using obliterate spec......so so fail..

sorry for the hold up for some reason wasnt able to post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ther&n=Chrispy

ive been playing with gear casue i have 5/5 t9 so seeing what works best atm lost of testing still going on

Frost Dw should pick up unholy as subspec. Blood caked bladed and necrosis that is. Fuck blood, the 9% crit on obli is pretty useless due to a very high critchance on it already.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f...you_still_can/
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

ya i havent payed to much care to frost yet been trying to max dps as unholy but seeing as it might not happen im gonna have to look more into frost