Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: I thought Blizzard had a minimum GEAR requirement for Heroics??....

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt
    I was under the impression that blizz stated they had incorporated a minimum gear requirement for heroics, well, yesterday they showed me how wrong i was to assume blizz devs had any logic what So EVER.!!!!!!

Pugged a random heroic (cause i can, i tank), started said heroic only to notice a warlock, to be unnamed doing 250dps in a three group aoe pull. Said WTF, and inspected said lock, can you guess what type of gear they had on. They were 80.

Welll......let me enlighten you, this lock who was lvl 80 was decked out in full on LVL 70?? gear, and i don't mean all his gear....the best piece of gear they had on atm was a lvl 70??? PvP gear, and they didnt even go for some set bonus to show that they were trying. So i say WTF is with your gear man, his response and i quote "Just hit 80 yesterday, and this gear is better then most quest gear" ???. I opted to vote kick (as i was somehow the lead of group, and was promptly informed that i could not.

Blizz you suck giant donkey .....(fill in your own appropriate world(S).)

/end incessant rage.

last I checked, you don't need 4000+ GS to run heroics. Remember when wotlk first came out and everyone only had blues and greens?? If he had sunwell gear from lvl 70 then yes those are probably still better than quest greens and blues.

When wotlk first came out, people were forced to clear heroics with 2.5k gearscore. GS wasn't even out yet.

There is a minimum gear requirement to get into the dungeons but it varies from dungeon to dungeon. If it was a hUK, then you definitely don't need 4k GS to clear it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    To the OP:

If you have such huge issues getting teamed with players using the heroics for what they are meant to be used for(gearing up) I suggest you go cuddle up with your elitist buddies in your elitist guild and queue up for the random heroics.
    What is so elitist about expecting 1.5K+ dps from a fresh 80? That's very easy to do. And the OP was ranting about 250 dps. 250! That's a shame even at lvl60!!! Expecting people to use at least 2 braincells for playing is elitism now? WOW, the community has really gone downwards.

Good joke about this "minimum gear req" today when i was playing my restoshaman i got DK "tank" in my Pit of saron group, 21k hp buffed with stamina, dude was not enchanted/gemed/critimmune! He got 1 shoted by this "a lot of skeletons and necromancer" pack...... and i wasted 15min of my life and mental health.

Two things to the OP.

First, heroics are pitifully easy, even when Wrath was released and everyone was running them with 'terrible' gear. The actual gear level required to be successful in a heroic is very low, thus, blizzard set the gear requirement low. Makes sense right?

Second, the problem was NOT his gear, but his skill. There is a difference. I can pull off much more than 250 DPS naked on my Shadow Priest, it's not hard. And being naked is probably worse gear than that Warlock you're bitching about.

10+ Year Old Account

They do have a bloody gear requirment -.- my warlock has from ilevel 200-245 all epics except for one trinkit which is blue i can deal 3k+ dps with shadowbolt, incinerate, soulfire spam and have 40%crit chance and 2.6k spell power self buffed yet i can't get in the halls of reflection heroic because of the one blue trinkit

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    There are gear requirements for every heroic. If you've ever leveled an alt and tried to queue up, you'd see that you can't even choose to do random heroics until you're at a certain gear level. If you can't queue for heroics, you also can't queue for regular ToC, and you require far more gear than that to queue for H ToC, and then more than that for FoS, more than that for PoS, and then the final and highest gear requirements for HoR.

I doubt Blizzard uses a system similar to the gearscore mod, however, because a fresh 80 in level 70 epics and bad pvp gear can get into heroics that a fresh 80 in bad quest greens and sparse blues cannot get into.
    since when? my shaman in quest gear with no trinkets, rings or pants could queue for heroics

never even seen a requirement for PoS or FoS

i bet you're seeing the old 70 heroics that you're locked out of and that's because you need the key or attunement to queue for them, i saw that on my paladin.......but that's all i've noticed

if i'm wrong then oh well, i've just never seen anything affected by a gear check other than hhor

I'm not one to sound like an elitistjerk, but people do easily 500 dps in Hellfire Ramparts normal in questqear.

That's all i'm saying.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

I use to run with healers equipped with valanyr hammer so im cool.

But everytime skill>gear. i Ran HC once with hunter doing melee with 1200dps and full triumph mage doing 2600
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Pugged a random heroic (cause i can, i tank)
    ROFLMAO!

me can pug random heroics too.... they so leet only endgame people like level 80s and stoof can do them!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Siton
    I'm not one to sound like an elitistjerk, but people do easily 500 dps in Hellfire Ramparts normal in questqear.

That's all i'm saying.
    This...I ran a Ramparts the other day with my enhance shammy a ret pally and a dw dk. All of us pulled over 800 dps overall, and the ret and I pulled 1k on the bosses....only one of us (the ret) had BOA gear..I don't even understand how its possible for people to pull 800 in heroics.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    since when? my shaman in quest gear with no trinkets, rings or pants could queue for heroics

i bet you're seeing the old 70 heroics that you're locked out of and that's because you need the key or attunement to queue for them, i saw that on my paladin.......but that's all i've noticed

if i'm wrong then oh well, i've just never seen anything affected by a gear check other than hhor
    There is indeed a requirement for FoS, PoS and HoR, the thing you need to know is however the gear checker doesn't just check what gear you have on, it also goes by the gear you have on. You can be completely naked and still queue for FoS, PoS and HoR if the gear in your bags are of the standard the LFG gear checker uses.

I know for a fact that there is higher gear check for these instances, when my hunter had just hit 80, I could easily get in all the regular heroics, but when I grabbed a full group of friends trying to boost me through the new ones the group leader got a message saying "Hunter does not meet the gear requirements for this dungoun". You can however enter them manually as there is no gear check there, but there is a gear check through the LFG tool.

I was originally going to wait a little while, because i honestly thought that this would have been a post that derailed to whatever topic happened to spark up, (GS Score, most likely)
    The OP said level 70 gear so no one really focused on that part. Had he said ~2k GS people would have tore him apart for that reason alone.

... a warlock, to be unnamed doing 250dps in a three group aoe pull. Said WTF, and inspected said lock, can you guess what type of gear they had on. They were 80.

Welll......let me enlighten you, this lock who was lvl 80 was decked out in full on LVL 70?? gear, and i don't mean all his gear....the best piece of gear they had on atm was a lvl 70 PvP gear, ... So i say WTF is with your gear man, his response and i quote "Just hit 80 yesterday, and this gear is better then most quest gear"
    OP does need to learn some manners, however I've extracted the relevant points. This isn't a case of someone requiring WotlK raid gear to enter 5 mans, nor is "I healed 5 mans in T5/I cleared Naxx in T6" on topic at all. This is a case of someone requiring PvE gear and reasonable skill to party with them for PvE content. I can say without a doubt in my mind that all quest greens from quests above level 75 reward better gear for PvE than level 70 PvP gear would be. Further a warlock should be capable of more than 250 dps naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by himate
    you're an idiot op. you know what? i did 2 heroics yesterday on my pally (i tanked both).
    group #1 dk, mage, rogue (all 50% epic 80's). instance VH hc. each of them capped at an amazing 1,1k dps
    group #2 dk, mage, hunter ( mage+dk full epic, hunter in avg ilvl 238). instance HoL hc. each of them capped at 1,3k dps - hunter sometimes hits 1700 zomg! (my hunter has avg ilvl 215 and does 4,5k... magic? or just pug hunter plain retarded?...)
    at some point dk drops out. moonkin joins. (14,4k hp. obviously not fully geared yet)... and what happens? a green/blue geared (1 epic, the necklace) tops at 3,3k dps above 2 full epic geared ppl...

you know what? i prefer ppl in full green over ppl with gearrating x because until now people who were bad geared yet impressed me far more often than fully geared ppl...
    Does this have ANYTHING to do with my post, let me guess, your goal in life is to achieve that ever alluding IQ of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    Hey guess what... some level 70 stuff is indeed better than quest reward green/blues.

Guess what else: those random heroics are tuned assuming that everyone has roughly that level of gear. So if you have 4 people above that level, you will still roll through them.

I guess what I'm saying is: You're a dick.
    Are all the people on this post retarted?? And i mean that literally, like, you have a mental deficiency retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by smeegoan
    nubcakes baddie, yeah I mean you OP. you never stated the items or what kind of dps or player he was.

I cleared friggin naxx in sunwell gear. as a shadowpriest because it hands down ownt everything pre naxx.

I hate you cry baby casual fucks.
    Huh What?? "this lock who was lvl 80 was decked out in full on LVL 70?? gear, and i don't mean all his gear....the best piece of gear they had on atm was a lvl 70??? PvP gear,", as copied from my ORIGINAL Post, if being an elitist translates to the inability to read and understand plain English, color me guilty and call me a casual, as it stand, i do not want to be called an elitist, which judging from your post is quite synonymous with Retard. (see definition above.)

Quote Originally Posted by plee
    Back when everyone was in 80 blues, I healed every Northrend heroic in Shaman Tier 5. Had no problems at all and no one second guessed me.

If you're going go nuts about dps and gear in a 5 (FIVE) player heroic... how about I pull out my cock and slap you in the face with it?
    I'm not even gonna bother with this guy, his post says enough about his own intellect more then i can.

......ahhh what the hell, I'm so sorry Mr. super strong super cool babe magnet with an enormous cock, please dont kill me over the internet. PLEASE...

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    There are gear requirements for every heroic. If you've ever leveled an alt and tried to queue up, you'd see that you can't even choose to do random heroics until you're at a certain gear level. If you can't queue for heroics, you also can't queue for regular ToC, and you require far more gear than that to queue for H ToC, and then more than that for FoS, more than that for PoS, and then the final and highest gear requirements for HoR.

I doubt Blizzard uses a system similar to the gearscore mod, however, because a fresh 80 in level 70 epics and bad pvp gear can get into heroics that a fresh 80 in bad quest greens and sparse blues cannot get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windspast

last I checked, you don't need 4000+ GS to run heroics. Remember when wotlk first came out and everyone only had blues and greens?? If he had sunwell gear from lvl 70 then yes those are probably still better than quest greens and blues.

When wotlk first came out, people were forced to clear heroics with 2.5k gearscore. GS wasn't even out yet.

There is a minimum gear requirement to get into the dungeons but it varies from dungeon to dungeon. If it was a hUK, then you definitely don't need 4k GS to clear it.
    See above post, and tell me that i did not predict this post would derail into a never-ending GS Score rant.

Here is a piece of advice for you two: READ and COMPREHEND before you decide to spout out remarks, cause as i was reading your replies, somehow i got the image of a chimp throwing his own feces.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    What is so elitist about expecting 1.5K+ dps from a fresh 80? That's very easy to do. And the OP was ranting about 250 dps. 250! That's a shame even at lvl60!!! Expecting people to use at least 2 braincells for playing is elitism now? WOW, the community has really gone downwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyllo
    Good joke about this "minimum gear req" today when i was playing my restoshaman i got DK "tank" in my Pit of saron group, 21k hp buffed with stamina, dude was not enchanted/gemed/critimmune! He got 1 shoted by this "a lot of skeletons and necromancer" pack...... and i wasted 15min of my life and mental health.
    So the point was the lock in questoin had horrible gear for a LVL 70 character as a lvl 80 and therefore had no business polluting my 15 minutes of enjoyment.

GASP!! someone with reading comprehension, Thank You, The point was the said person could have at least Tried to show some courtesy and get better gear. (and i dont means 5k+ GS) some random blues from quest's would have sufficed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    ROFLMAO!

me can pug random heroics too.... they so leet only endgame people like level 80s and stoof can do them!!!!!!!
    And the humor has traveled across the internet,

OP 1
    Internet 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Meh. If people whine so much about the new LFG tool, then don't use it. Go back to making groups yourself, that way you can only invite people who have gear up to your standards.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    OP does need to learn some manners, however I've extracted the relevant points. This isn't a case of someone requiring WotlK raid gear to enter 5 mans, nor is "I healed 5 mans in T5/I cleared Naxx in T6" on topic at all. This is a case of someone requiring PvE gear and reasonable skill to party with them for PvE content. I can say without a doubt in my mind that all quest greens from quests above level 75 reward better gear for PvE than level 70 PvP gear would be. Further a warlock should be capable of more than 250 dps naked.
    This is a thread made by someone going balistic over a gear requirement system he thinks is nto working, while in fact it is working. Sadly there is no skill checker in the LFG tool, that warlock could easily have done decent enough DPS for any of the "old" heroics in full level 70 PvP gear. Giving this warlock full ilvl 264 gear wouldn't bring him to a decent level of DPS.

In general this is basically a topic centered around one guy raging over coming across a bad player, and blaming the gear check system set in place as the reason.

fail tank is fail. Stop worrying about other players gear/dps and do your job...tank shit. Only some heroics have a limit to them. Basically anything from toc and up. All the original wow heroics will let any tom,dick, or harry in

Quote Originally Posted by greysin

lol no. I leveled my hunter to 80 after 3.3 and upon hitting 80 in pretty much full quest greens and some blues along with heirloom shoulders, chest, bow, and one trinket, I couldn't queue for any northrend level 80 heroics, along with being unable to queue for regular ToC. I bought blue gear on the AH and that was enough to be able to queue for heroics, but not H ToC or any of the ICC5 mans.

I guarantee you that they were not old level 70 heroics because those don't even show up, along with the fact that I played my hunter in TBC and am keyed for all of those heroics. (Except maybe lower city heroics)

Pugged a random heroic (cause i can, i tank), started said heroic only to notice a warlock, to be unnamed doing 250dps in a three group aoe pull. Said WTF, and inspected said lock, can you guess what type of gear they had on. They were 80.
    Impressive!!! as the gear requeriment, only ToC, HoR, Pit and FoS have gear requeriment.