insanely high MS - server sided

Okay this is just really weird, whenever i try to log on my characters on emeriss (main realm) , i get like an MS of 19k, everything is stated as "unknown"
    Now here's the fun part
    If i try a different realm, my ms is fine, like it usually is

What in earth could cause this insanely high MS ? i have a 20mbit connection, which is more then enough

I'm not downloading anything ,speedtest is like how it usually is aswell, yet i still get this kind of MS, even logging on the forum realms takes me about 5 minutes to load the damn page

Anyone got an idea ? Thanks

Re: insanely high MS - server sided

The term you're looking for is "ping" MS stands for microseconds, and it is a measure of the time it takes for the server to respond.

Most likely, there's some kind of network outage between you and the server.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The term you're looking for is "ping" MS stands for microseconds, and it is a measure of the time it takes for the server to respond.

OR it could just be that it is patch day and the battlegroup you play on is FUBAR. The server you are doing as a comparison may be on a different BG and it is not having the issue. If you were to try another server in your home server's BG you will more than likely have the same issues.

(...)MS stands for microseconds(...)
    ms stands for both micro- and milliseconds. In case of a latency measurement in WoW milliseconds are used.

For one, it stands for Milliseconds not microseconds, I wish i could get 100 microsecond ping.

Also to the OP, this has happened to me before, give it some time since the servers have just started to come back online, maybe yours hasn't started up 100 percent yet or can't handle the load that is being put on it from everyone logging on at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by thomiek
    ms stands for both micro- and milliseconds. In case of a latency measurement in WoW milliseconds are used.
    Erm, yeah, I meant milli- Brain fart.

It definitely does not mean what I first thought when I saw the title -- Mortal Strike =)

And actually, ms does not stand for microsecond. μs is microsecond.

Yes in deed

Actually, ms stands for milliseconds, while µs stands for microseconds. Not that this has anything to do with the topic, i just thought it would be nice to clarify that.

No, ms stands for milliseconds, microseconds is (greek letter mu)-s

Ms = Megaseconds = 1x10^6 seconds
    ms = Millisecond = 1x10^-3 seconds
    µs = Microseconds = 1x10-6 seconds

Might be a bit number nazi-ish but they mean drastically different things (a thousand times different). None the less milliseconds is the unit in which latency is measured.

it's been this way for a lot of people since 3.3 and they've still not fixed it today, i get random tiny lag spikes but when you're playing shadow, spikes murder your dps......if they don't have it fixed by next week i'm gonna just not renew my sub until they do fix it......not much else you can do

they had to shut a whole battlegroup down last week for an extra day for unscheduled maintenance to fix this problem

my latency went from 45-70ms to a steady 150-200ms the exact same day i merged with battle.net.......people will say it isn't the problem but the only thing that changes in a situation is usually the culprit....they didn't force the merge for nothing and they have big plans that somehow make them more money in the end, so i'm guessing it's all tied together.....they say they aren't run by activision and do their own thing but the game sure doesn't reflect this......it's looking more and more like an activision run title that serves no other purpose but to make money......that's usually when titles stop being fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    No, ms stands for milliseconds, microseconds is (greek letter mu)-s

Ms = Megaseconds = 1x10^6 seconds
    ms = Millisecond = 1x10^-3 seconds
    µs = Microseconds = 1x10-6 seconds

Might be a bit number nazi-ish but they mean drastically different things (a thousand times different). None the less milliseconds is the unit in which latency is measured.
    Nope, you're not being number nazi. Saying ms stands for milli and microseconds or saying MS is milliseconds is like saying cows fly.