Deleted

Crit value for Fb/Ffb Mage.

Hello.

I recently geared my Mage alt. He has mix of 232/245/251 ilvl items. With few exceptions of terrible trinkets. I started playing as Arcane but I don't enjoy it at all. My question is how much should be my crit value to deal let's say 90% of Arcane DMG.

Another question is what's the difference in single target DPS between Fb and FFb speccs. I like both to be honest but simply can't choose between them.

I read quite a few threads here and as far as I remember Ffb shines in AoE. I haven't find any solid info about the actual difference in single target DPS between all 3 speccs though, and what stats I should aim for.

Thanks.

Re: Crit value for Fb/Ffb Mage.

Alright well I don't understand your first question, are you implying that for a Fire spec you would aim to stack as much crit as possible? Surely it's more an issue of obtaining the hit rating and then even after that you're still gemming the standard haste > spell power > crit (depending on your gear, perhaps 1 sp = 1 haste for you).

In terms of single target, well TTW-Fireball is ahead of Frostfire I can tell you that straight off, not sure by how much, 5-10%?

As for AoE, Frostfire is the optimal spec for Anub'arak Heroic on 25 man especially if you're using the 2 OT strategy because of Blizzard's impressive radius, and generally is your best AoE spec.

However, the "bug fix" to flamestrike in 3.3 made it a much better spell, some basic pleliminary theorycrafting suggests it might actually be better than Frostfire for AoEing but having tried it myself on Anub25HC (we use the 1 OT tactic - so the radius is plenty enough), it felt very clunky to play (granted I was also using Dragon's Breath and Blastwave for the insant Flamestrike too).

But as far as AoE rotations go for Frostfire it's the usual LB everything that lives longer than 12 seconds, Rank 9 Flamestrike, Rank 8 Flamestrike and then Blizzard until the ground effect fades away (or just Blizzard if the mobs are spread too far apart to all be on the ground effect).

And for TTW-Fireball it's again LB everything alive for longer than 12 sec, then Rank 9 Flamestrike, Rank 8 Flamestrike, then spam Rank 9 Flamestrike until the Rank 8 fades away at which point you refresh it.

In terms of stats to aim for, general rule of thumb is always going to be 14% hit for TTW-Fireball, 11% for Frostfire, 8% for Arcane. And I havn't checked this on Rawr but I'd imagine by now every spec is haste > spell power > crit on a per point basis, with Arcane having a significantly lower value for crit, and Frostfire having a slightly higher value for crit.