Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World 1st Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Adept - Dreadmaul

Quote Originally Posted by DJTK
    Firstly, congratz on the world kill for Blood Queen Lana'thel.

Secondly, I am rather miffed that she was taken down so fast. Even if it is Normal mode, I was hoping it would take more than a day at the very most. I rather miss the days that it took for bosses to be downed over a period of days, sometimes weeks.
    This ideology was removed when limited attempts were added. Rather than a difficulty hard enough to take days of wiping, blizzard prefers to make the boss easier and only give you 10 tries on it.

Hmm...Point taken.

Still, figured that maybe the first 15 attempts would be used up and she wouldn't be downed until the next week, but I suppose the more serious raiding guilds are strategizing first before actual attempting.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DJTK
    Hmm...Point taken.

Still, figured that maybe the first 15 attempts would be used up and she wouldn't be downed until the next week, but I suppose the more serious raiding guilds are strategizing first before actual attempting.
    We did numerous 10mans.

For putricide we even mustered up a 25 man raid full of alts to get 10 free tries at it. Ofc, as vedni said (he's in uprising too), that ended up giving us some grief. Hotfixing things, and then breaking an important part of the encounter pretty much squandered our putricide attempts. This week we went in day one to ensure that mid-week changes wouldn't give us trouble.

Congrats on the kill ;D

I hate it that EU didnt got a change.. they world first was made on Teusday if i am right and on the EU you could kill her on Wednesday.. So never a EU World First..

Paladin? I am not a Paladin, I am a Holydin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flowne
    I hate it that EU didnt got a change.. they world first was made on Teusday if i am right and on the EU you could kill her on Wednesday.. So never a EU World First..
    Despite that EU usually gets first on the hardmodes that actually matter anyway. It's just how we roll.