Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood princes and Lanathel 25: How difficult are they compared to plagueworks?

I'm raid leading a casual guild which does ICC 25 on weekends. So far, we've been clearing the first wing no problem, but with festergut, we seem to have hit a wall, and with rotface, we haven't got many attempts on him, but we're having some issues around 25%, where the diseases start coming really fast. (To anyone who plans to throw out insults, yes, I know these bosses on 25 are ezmode, we're scrubs, you're pro, etc, etc)

But that's not what i'm asking for help with. To those who have already cleared the 25 man version of the new bosses, how hard are they, for a guild which is having issues with meeting fester's enrage? Is it worth breaking off attempts on the plagueworks and heading into the blood halls, or are the princes sufficiently hard that we would be better off working on plagueworks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Re: Blood princes and Lanathel 25: How difficult are they compared to plagueworks?

Blood Prince Council requires a lot less DPS than either Rotface or Festergut, but I'd say the encounter is considerably more complicated just to learn.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel is the tightest DPS check in the instance, a lot more so than Festergut or Putricide. Probably a little easier mechanics wise than Putricide though.

I'd say the difficulty is about the same, overall.

Re: Blood princes and Lanathel 25: How difficult are they compared to plagueworks?

BPC has alot more stuff going on, but once you know the mechanics, it's a very easy fight due to their low health pool. We even got the achievement without even trying.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barook
    BPC has alot more stuff going on, but once you know the mechanics, it's a very easy fight due to their low health pool. We even got the achievement without even trying.
    This, learn the mechanics of princes and you'll be in a world of easy 2 frost badges. Lana'thel will rape you if you have issues on festergut though.

blood queen dps requirement is about the same or maybe even lower than festergut if you sac. an empowered raid member.

you can check out the strats we used in the other thread at http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...n-lana%27thel/

Deleted

princes were fucking confusing at the start. Sadly you uploaded lana'thel before princes krip :P

we had to do with tankspot guide.

To start with we just got blown away by a ton of knockbacks. chaos. seemed a long way off, but as you realise its only really 3 abilities that actually do much and the kinetic bombs it stabilises FAST and turns into a kill.

Trying BQL tomorro using your guide Kripp as our tactic hope it all goes according to plan or holding you responsible =]

Re: Blood princes and Lanathel 25: How difficult are they compared to plaguework

no dps requirement ( outside of healer mana regen limitations etc )
    no know enrage timer
    no know soft enrages etc.
    that was from bosskillers so i take it as goodsource.

we had 5 goes on it in 25s earlier and we didnt get a kill but did get the flow of the fight. then raid time ended. we had no probs with rotface and fester was done with 15 secs left (woohoo) on 2nd night ( set of attempts)
    putricide well what can i say ..the gods of lag were not with us
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Deleted

Took quite a few trys for us to figure the fight out, around 7-8 or so, and by the time we killed it we only had 20 people left in the raid (past normal raidtime so some had to leave) and we still didn't have any problems with the dps, seems alot easier dps wise than Rotface/Festergut, and buttloads easier than putricide.

Both bosses are quite easy strat wise, simple rinse and repeat. Only issue we have was the range tank dieing but that stopped when we swapped him. Took us around 6-8 trys.

Lana'Thel is easier, Stay alive for 2 mins on your first/second try and you have seen the whole fight, then its just last another 2-3 mins. We would of killed it but my net dropped out at 40% and was like 10% when my body despawned.

Re: Blood princes and Lanathel 25: How difficult are they compared to plaguework

it is the first boss of the wing and as posted earlier once you have got through one cycle cleanly then its rnr.

ps how are you handling the shadow orbs? is the tank chasing them or are the collected and brought in range of dotting?

(lock tank)
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian
    blood queen dps requirement is about the same or maybe even lower than festergut if you sac. an empowered raid member.

you can check out the strats we used in the other thread at http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...n-lana%27thel/
    She berserks at 5:30 seconds, are you saying you can have the entire raid do 10,500 DPS each while sacrificing the vampire buff? I don't see how this is even remotely easier than festergut.

10.5k with a 100% damage boost is laughable. some people will be doing over 20k with the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    10.5k with a 100% damage boost is laughable. some people will be doing over 20k with the buff.
    He said 'sacrifice' your first vampire, which would mean not getting the buff.

you misunderstood

About the Blood Queen confusion:
    By the time you have 4 vampires, you sacrifice one of them. You only sacrifice one raid member and effectively win a lot of time for the enrage. This does not mean you sacrifice the buff completely, just one out of 24.

Looks like this then:
    [i]originally written by Sharp here
    0:15: 1 vamp
    1:13: 2 vamps (at the latest)
    2:11: 4 vamps (at the latest)
    2:50: 3 vamps (being generous)
    3:09: 6 vamps (at the latest)
    4:07: 12 vamps (at the latest)
    5:05: 24 vamps (at the latest)
    6:05: 23 people are MCed = wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael
    About the Blood Queen confusion:
    By the time you have 4 vampires, you sacrifice one of them. You only sacrifice one raid member and effectively win a lot of time for the enrage. This does not mean you sacrifice the buff completely, just one out of 24.

Looks like this then:
    Well you win 15 seconds, since the berserk is 5:30 and instantly wipes you. You also lose the DPS of a vampire earlier on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    She berserks at 5:30 seconds, are you saying you can have the entire raid do 10,500 DPS each while sacrificing the vampire buff? I don't see how this is even remotely easier than festergut.
    Nothing stops the boss from making another vampire if there are no current vampires alive. : So basically you are extending the effective enrage timer.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    Well you win 15 seconds, since the berserk is 5:30 and instantly wipes you. You also lose the DPS of a vampire earlier on?
    You brez the first guy that you killed off, you know, like an Edward Cullen sort of thing.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Compared to Prof., Queen is laughable if your DPS aren't retarded.

IF your DPS are stupid and don't know how to do things like make the people with the red rope run together, or they think purple fire is a DPS increase, then you're going to have issues.

You can 2 tank/4 Heal this if you're good, and if you need to bring 5 healers, it still shouldn't be an issue. Our kill was about 3 mins (give or take 15 secs) on 10M and 3:41 on 25M.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    Nothing stops the boss from making another vampire if there are no current vampires alive. : So basically you are extending the effective enrage timer.
    If you miss the first bite she will not bite again. I experienced this personally tonight. Also I do not believe essence of the blood queen persists through death.

Anyway we easily one shot Putricide tonight and wiped 9 times to Lana'thel on 25-mans. Go figure.