Gear choices (Tankadin)

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some advice on mostly my trinkets.
    I'm sitting on the following trinkets:
    * http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49312
    * http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50235 <-- I use this one
    * http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47882 <-- and this one
    * 2x 170 stamina trinkets

I have no clue what is actually the best.

I'm using both dodge trinkets or a parry / dodge combination and 2x stamina on kiting the oozes in ICC.

I'm curious what is the best combo to use.. Beside that, what would be a nice upgrade first to get from frost badges? My armory link is in my sig! (I think I have 2x dps trinkets and a dps libram equipped for the daily heroic).

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Re: Gear choices (Tankadin)

Right now for most raid bosses, the brewfest trinkets.

The buff from your 2 dps trinkets don't stack. Its the same buff. The anvil trinket from wg also gives the same buff.
    Just thought you might like to know that.

The t9 chest and the frost emblem cloak are the most obvious upgrades to me. After that most likely the stam trinket from frost emblems.

Also, your gemming is a little off. You skipped a +9stam bonus, picked up a +6 stam bonuse, are using dodge/stam instead of agil/stam gems.
    Oh ya and change your glove enchant. +20 agil give more avoidance, and +18stam gives more EH. That 2% bonus threat is next to nothing.

Be a shame to get nice shiney new gear and less than optimal gemming and enchants wouldn't it?

Go with the 170 stam trinkets. More HP is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    Right now for most raid bosses, the brewfest trinkets.

The buff from your 2 dps trinkets don't stack. Its the same buff. The anvil trinket from wg also gives the same buff.
    Just thought you might like to know that.

The t9 chest and the frost emblem cloak are the most obvious upgrades to me. After that most likely the stam trinket from frost emblems.

Also, your gemming is a little off. You skipped a +9stam bonus, picked up a +6 stam bonuse, are using dodge/stam instead of agil/stam gems.
    Oh ya and change your glove enchant. +20 agil give more avoidance, and +18stam gives more EH. That 2% bonus threat is next to nothing.

Be a shame to get nice shiney new gear and less than optimal gemming and enchants wouldn't it?
    Maybe the post changed and I'm missing something but all of his avoidance buffs stack. Also last time I checked the anvil did stack with the mirror - just the anvil is rather meh for PvE since resilience only effects players now and does nothing for your avoidance.

OP, I'd suggest using Ick's along with the Black Heart for most general tanking, for any purely magical fight though go with the 2x Stam trinkets.

I suggest Ick's because that HP boost is really nice as a "oh crap" cooldown. I suggest the black heart over the Oath because it procs a ton and you don't have to worry about hitting that trinket all the time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, there isn't really a better combo.
    They are different,and can be used in different fights.
    I would usually go for the stamina trinkets, eltrigs's use is kinda useless, so I would suggest using the stamina trinkets most of the time, and Stamina/Ick on fights where you are taking huge spikes of damage and you can really use Ick as a "shit button".

I use x2 170 sta trinks myself right now if you want the truth i set myself a goal, 40k hp unbuffed (passed that now) most people want high hp tanks avoidance is great but the more hp the more dmg u can take the less overhealing works out the same as avoidance to me. Personally im getitng 228 stamina tirnket form 60 badges then using onyxia 245 trinket purely for gear score. Dont forget u heal 2% of ur max hp, i heal 1.2k per hit raid buffed 50k something hp (dont ask me where other 200 comes from even i dont know... dont ahve talent 5% more healing done and received either rofl) People will look at your hp and decide if to take you, or go by gearscore... Stack hp and people will love you honistly and once u got enuff hp that your satisfied start going avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Maybe the post changed and I'm missing something but all of his avoidance buffs stack. Also last time I checked the anvil did stack with the mirror - just the anvil is rather meh for PvE since resilience only effects players now and does nothing for your avoidance.
    I got both the coaster and the anvil. The proc gives the exact same buff, Reflection of Torment, which is the buff that the mirror gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestuff
    I use x2 170 sta trinks myself right now if you want the truth i set myself a goal, 40k hp unbuffed (passed that now) most people want high hp tanks avoidance is great but the more hp the more dmg u can take the less overhealing works out the same as avoidance to me. Personally im getitng 228 stamina tirnket form 60 badges then using onyxia 245 trinket purely for gear score. Dont forget u heal 2% of ur max hp, i heal 1.2k per hit raid buffed 50k something hp (dont ask me where other 200 comes from even i dont know... dont ahve talent 5% more healing done and received either rofl) People will look at your hp and decide if to take you, or go by gearscore... Stack hp and people will love you honistly and once u got enuff hp that your satisfied start going avoidance.
    Why not go for the badge trinket instead of the ony one, the badge trinket with the armor is actually pretty awsome for EH on melee fights.. (I still carry that one and the one from Forgemaster in Ulduar10).

A friend of mine who is a meatshield for melee heavy encounters got this set up:

http://www.solo-guild.com/screenshot/armor.jpg

Dont remeber the reduction with that amount of armor, but he's got a hefty block value (not rating) and insane armor with his trinkets and he takes alot less damage then any other tank on melee fights :P

To the OP, I would go with the stamina ones, avoidance is still RNG stamina is static (I am using the toc25 + frost emblem one in my main kit)