Gnome Priest - thoughts

Unsure if this is the correct forum, or whether it should be in Cataclysm forum, but it's more a general priest question, so popped it here. Mods, please feel to move it.

With that out of the way, what are people's thoughts on Gnome Priests? I'm obviously going to roll one (see sig), but I just wanted to get people's ideas of what they will be like compared to other priests in various aspects of the game. (oh and I'll most likely be disc specced)

Racial - 5% int. I know this is likely to be nerfed down to maybe 2-3% int, but still is that going to be the best racial for a priest? Blizzard stated the infinite mana-era will most likely end when Cata hits, so bonus mana will be pretty nice. Or would human spirit racial win out over this?

Racial - Escape artist. More a pvp one here, but is this pretty good for a priest? I never really properly pvped as a priest before, but I imagine this would be a pretty damn nice one to have, as priests tend to suffer a bit against rogues. Am I right there? Obviously human racial is better than this, and wotf is pretty tasty too, but is this up there with the best of them?

General gnomeyness - will I get respected as a proper priest rolling a gnome, or just get punted around everywhere?

Look of gear - IMO current priest gear looks amazing on gnomes (T6 esp - see sig), but what are other's thoughts on priest gear on gnomes? What do maces tend to look like? Does anyone have any experience with transporter accidents / beer goggles (the ones that make everyone into gnomes) to comment on this?

edit: if anyone has any videos of priests + transporter malfunction => gnome, I'd love them forever!
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Re: Gnome Priest - thoughts

5% int will definitively be nerfed like spirit was. But even then, int will not be as good in cataclysm as it is right now.

I think blizzard will radically change how replenishment works. I think we will se very few regen spells scaling with intellect. And the spirit regen formula will definitvely be changed too - if GC argued that ArPen was too mathy, healing druids and priests have a thing to say.

In short, it's impossible to know. In cataclysm, intellect will be the new name for spellpower. It will likely also increase your mana pool, which is pretty decent by itself. But if that's all it does, it will not be a viable replacement for a real regen stat. If it's any more powerful, it just might. So I personally think that is all it is going to offer.

Anyway: As a horde player, I'm always looking forward to punting gnomes. Speciesism is definitively not going away just because you get to play a cool class. I still reserve the right to call you a lawn ornament and accidentially step on you from time to time. ;D

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Anyway: As a horde player, I'm always looking forward to punting gnomes. Speciesism is definitively not going away just because you get to play a cool class. I still reserve the right to call you a lawn ornament and accidentially step on you from time to time. ;D
    This is why there will not gnome pallies, they don't want them bubble-hearthing away from being punted :P

anyway, you give good points about changing mana regen, forgot about that. I figured they would just nerf relative mana pools but not the regen, but i suppose they'll give regen a good slapping too.

Shame I still won't be quite tall enough to legally punt goblins Guess I'll be ankle-biting a lot still in Cataclysm.

Couple points on the topic of the Gnome Intellect racial:

-It may not be nerfed at all. Look at the goblin/worgen racials; they have some incredibly powerful stuff as racial abilities, and Blizzard said they would be rebalancing the other race's abilities to be on par with what the new ones will be getting.

-As Danner said, Intellect will almost certainly not be a strong regeneration stat. GC has already hinted that they're considering making replenishment more of an augmentation to your existing regen.... so that in order to get more out of replenishment, you need to increase your regen, not your intellect.

-Intellect will be the source of SP for casters.

All of which means that spirit will likely be a stronger racial for priests than intellect come cataclysm... but intellect will certainly not be useless. A lot of people make jokes about gnomes, but let's face it, if you get a player doing their job properly, the jokes tend to stop pretty quick.

One last point: your height. All jokes aside, gnomes are simply short. If you're planning on being a healer, you'll want to watch out for stairs/ramps/platforms.... I have issues as a healer with the gnome rogues I work with sometimes because they can break LoS where humans/draenei can't, and if you're the healer you'll run into that problem all over the place. Certainly not something that I think should stop you from taking up the mantle of Gnome healer (they certainly need a few), just something to keep in mind

perhaps I should've said, there's absolutely no way I'm NOT doing a gnome priest, been waiting a hell of a long time to do one :P

Just wondering what people's thoughts on them were. Good point about LOS, something I've never really thought about. Will definitely have to keep that in mind. PvP-wise, surely a bonus though?

Gnomes will make good priests for sure so I wouldn't worry. As I said in the thread the difference between races is tiny (almost nothing) compared to the difference in skill/gear a good player can make.

As for LoS, yes this might be an issue. As a dwarf I have LoS issues a lot when near steps. Specifically if you are at the bottom and the tank charges up them. Its something to be aware of but its not a big (get it? ^^) issue ;-)

well if a tank charges up and over steps, he's gona LoS a tall healer anyway

I just can't wait to start bouncing around throwing PW:S on raid members. Also, <3 the idea of an all-gnome RMP setup, gona look forward to skinning some cows with that setup :P

That is, until the cows counter with a RMP on their own ^^

It will happen. Mark my words :P
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

If they take away human racial i'll be going Worgen or Gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    That is, until the cows counter with a RMP on their own ^^

It will happen. Mark my words :P
    maybe if they clip the cow's toe-nails they can have rogues. dunno how they'll get mages though :P maybe some shamans were practising out on the frozen plains of Northrend and their lightning bolts froze mid-flight, and they realised, "hey, these look cool, IMA throw frostbolts now WOOT".

/shrug

gnome priest will be the prefered discipline priest because then it will be a 20%(15%normaly on any race priest who specs it) int buff which will be overpowered and we will probs get nerfed but yet again a discipline priest is like a paladin

You can alwasy use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40195 if you want to be gnome for a while. It's hard to tell if 5% int will be good racial because we don't know what other racial will be after cataclysm.

Everyone jokes about punting gnomes, you'll never avoid that. Escape artist does nothing against rogues because all you can do with it is remove snares or slowing effects [like frost nova and chains of ice (I think, right???)]. you can't do crap against stuns, fears, or freezing effects...
    "If only life were as easy as you, I would still get screwed."- The Bloodhound Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Look of gear - IMO current priest gear looks amazing on gnomes (T6 esp - see sig), but what are other's thoughts on priest gear on gnomes? What do maces tend to look like? Does anyone have any experience with transporter accidents / beer goggles (the ones that make everyone into gnomes) to comment on this?

edit: if anyone has any videos of priests + transporter malfunction => gnome, I'd love them forever!
    Go to Wowhead, you can gear up any item on a gnome and see how they look from there (use the profiler under tools). Personally I'm thinking Gnome Priest may be my first ally toon (I may make a gnome warrior before hand, but we'll see).

Personally I think the idea's retarded for a race that worships technology to embrace the light, but should Blizzard care? Well not really, it's probably a few extra million in their pocket from people wanting to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt!
    Personally I think the idea's retarded for a race that worships technology to embrace the light, but should Blizzard care? Well not really, it's probably a few extra million in their pocket from people wanting to make one.
    It could be worse. At least the will be no gnome-druids :P

Did they not state they are redoing all the racials except the Goblin and Worgen ones already released? So this is a bit of a silly discussion.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Unsure if this is the correct forum, or whether it should be in Cataclysm forum, but it's more a general priest question, so popped it here. Mods, please feel to move it.

With that out of the way, what are people's thoughts on Gnome Priests? I'm obviously going to roll one (see sig), but I just wanted to get people's ideas of what they will be like compared to other priests in various aspects of the game. (oh and I'll most likely be disc specced)

Racial - 5% int. I know this is likely to be nerfed down to maybe 2-3% int, but still is that going to be the best racial for a priest? Blizzard stated the infinite mana-era will most likely end when Cata hits, so bonus mana will be pretty nice. Or would human spirit racial win out over this?

Racial - Escape artist. More a pvp one here, but is this pretty good for a priest? I never really properly pvped as a priest before, but I imagine this would be a pretty damn nice one to have, as priests tend to suffer a bit against rogues. Am I right there? Obviously human racial is better than this, and wotf is pretty tasty too, but is this up there with the best of them?

General gnomeyness - will I get respected as a proper priest rolling a gnome, or just get punted around everywhere?

Well I for one hate all Gnome Melee'ers. If I see a Gnome Rogue/Warrior/DK they have to die first, no questions asked. The only thing I really hate more are Disc Priests (and I play a priest Shadow main spec, Disc off spec). I can't stand 'em. If I see an Ally Disc Priest anywhere, I'm putting my all into seeing it dead. With that said, if I see a Gnome Disc Priest, you can guarantee I will be stalking you all BG (or wherever you may be).

Edit: Also, I think they are really vamping up the racials in Cata (just to make it feel like there really is a difference in gameplay based off of what race you choose; kind of like how different priests were depending on race, before they homogenized them all). I wouldn't be surprised to see Resistance racials go up to something like 5%, to really have an impact on gameplay. I would welcome the change. The Troll Regen Racial definitely needs to be vamped up to the point where it's not utterly useless anymore.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.