Rotface 25 - Help at 30%

Okay, my guild have progressed through ICC theese days, downed it all on 10man and have the proffesor and Rotface left in 25.

The problem we're facing is on Rotface. Everything goes smooth to about 30% where he starts to put up mutated infection on a greater speed than usual. On 10 we just poped BL at this point and nuked him down, leaving healers to heal the infected people. But I'm not sure it's going to work on the 25 man version.

So, my question is, what does your guild do to tackle this problem, or is it just our guild that lack those extra braincells to do the job?
    Happy troll since 2005

Re: Rotface 25 - Help at 30%

We actually save our bloodlust till he's about sub 30% I try and have our shamans popp it as he's about hitting 25% and have all dps nuke him. We are doing everything normally as far as getting those infect to our tanks (yes we currently use 2 tanks to kite the oozes and it works well for us). This is where it gets healing intensive as those cleasing might slip up and cleanse too early. Just keep focused and keep your healers healing until he's dead.

Deleted

The speed of mutating infections is time-based instead of health-based, so the most profitable way is using Bloodlust right off the bat. Once you hit the faster casting phase (usually at about 20% for us), just keep the kiting up and dispel too early and he should go down.

Okay, thanks for the answers. Just one more question, does it benefit more to go with 2 offtanks for the adds. We tried to keep to one since we wanted all the dps on Rotface.
    Happy troll since 2005

Use BL in the beginning when no one has to run, there is no soft enrage at 30%. The first infection is 14s after engaging, then it's 14, 14, 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8 seconds before the next infection, and finally its a 6s interval until down or wipe.
    Using two or more offtanks reduces the need to run away and lose dps from the explosion. Merging big oozes will cause the stacks on one big ooze to go up only by one (so merging zwo smalls=one big. Merging two bigs with 3 stacks each you get one big with 4 stacks). That usually takes much more coordination, for sure its easier to use only one offtank and burn the boss down (but perhaps that strat is necessary in heroic mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    Okay, thanks for the answers. Just one more question, does it benefit more to go with 2 offtanks for the adds. We tried to keep to one since we wanted all the dps on Rotface.
    Till now we actually had one day of trying rotface. We use BL at the start since the casting is healthbased, and we noticed that it can get very messy at 30ish%. It's where people begin to panic. Just keep the kiting up and you will do fine.

I shouldnt use a second offtank, depends on your tank, but you need the dps i think (haven't tried it though, but came to mind).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    We use one, but if you've got problems with the kiting, using two should certainly be an option.