Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP Resilience change incoming.

Worst change in ages if it will get to the liveservers.

The classes they buff the most with this are the ones who don't need buffs but rather get some nerfs at the moment. I'm going to let you bet which ones those are. :

Resto shaman/resto druid/disc priest team. Gladiator Boreyoutodeath. Actually, I'm not QQing about this. I'm seriously considering trying this setup just to see how high it will get me.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar
    They should add MS effect on resilience to further balance out healing classes opness in pvp. So it would come down to choice to either wear pve gear to heal more thus taking more incoming dmg or wearing pvp gear and receiving/giving out less healing. Or simply add debuff similar to one at ICC to affect healing in bg:s/arena.

If that change goes live as it is, there is no way to beat healers anymore when burst dmg is gimped and healing isnt affected at all.
    problem is, you cannot simply just add on an MS effect to resilience to account for healing. that's saying, the better gear you get, the less you heal. that's just ridiculous. all healers would just stack stamina or spellpower and simply heal for more, or survive longer. the problem is, once again, blizzard fails horribly at balancing.

they cannot nerf healing because of PvE
    they cannot nerf damage because of PvE

the only way to nerf healing in arena / battlegrounds is just put a flat healing reduction on all pvp activities. i.e., and aura that simply reduces healing received/given by X amount. and well quite frankly the whole idea of that is just retarded. that would really kill off any low level / low gear pvp, as you would have nowhere near the healing power to survive. it's difficult enough as it is at low gear levels to survive against dps classes.

so yeah once again blizzard fails horribly at trying to make a game with PvE and PvP not separated.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

IMO the healing debuff should be linked to resil... If you have whatever the max resil is (1200ish) you have a 30% healing debuff (capped) and change healing debuffs to hit a combined max of 50%

Resil - % healing debuff
    0 = 0%
    300 = 7.5%
    600 = 15%
    900 = 22.5%
    1200 = 30% (Capped)
    1400 = 30% (Capped)

So examples...

Player-1 has 1200 Resil (30%) and he is effected by MS (50%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%.
    Player-2 has 1200 Resil (30%) and is effected by Mage Healing debuff (20%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%.
    Player-3 has 300 Resil (7.5%) and is effected by Aimed Shot (50%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%
    Player-3 has 300 Resil (7.5%) and is effected by Mage Healing debuff (20%) the effect healing debuff is now 27.7%

This has the effect of making MS less necessary for teams and it makes PvP gear less attractive for PvE like Feral Druids using full Resil gear on Thorim Hard-Mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif

Player-1 has 1200 Resil (30%) and he is effected by MS (50%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%.
    Player-2 has 1200 Resil (30%) and is effected by Mage Healing debuff (20%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%.
    Player-3 has 300 Resil (7.5%) and is effected by Aimed Shot (50%) the effect healing debuff is now 50%
    Player-3 has 300 Resil (7.5%) and is effected by Mage Healing debuff (20%) the effect healing debuff is now 27.7%

This has the effect of making MS less necessary for teams and it makes PvP gear less attractive for PvE like Feral Druids using full Resil gear on Thorim Hard-Mode?
    Basicly you're just making the Mage Healing debuff better, but leave the Warrior/Hunter/Rogue one the same way..? : Not that these would need a buff, but Resillience only affecting the mage debuff is lame, as it would be lame to affect healing in any way with resillience to be honest.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    problem is, you cannot simply just add on an MS effect to resilience to account for healing. that's saying, the better gear you get, the less you heal. that's just ridiculous. all healers would just stack stamina or spellpower and simply heal for more, or survive longer. the problem is, once again, blizzard fails horribly at balancing.
    No it doesn't. If the resilience from your gear provided 20% damage reduction for example and also reduced healing taken by 20%, you would still get healed exactly as much as before. You take 20% less damage so there's also 20% less of it to heal. I don't see a problem in that.

Expect disc priests in random pieces of PvP gear to be unkillable by a full team of 5 players with this change. It already takes quite a lot of players to down a decently geared disc priest and with this... /shudders

Yes. This is a QQ :P

Deleted

Over half of my post mysteriously disappeared. Well, let's try again.

Since I play a class that has no interrupt, MS effect or distance closer and has all its CC abilities on far too long CD to be effective against healers in a scenario like this, I have a lot of personal stuff against this completely ridiculous change. But I see that others don't like it too much either. It's already almost impossible to kill a geared healer that keeps healing himself unless I catch them off guard or get a once-in-a-lifetime stream of crits, even in top PvE gear without the dps stat nerfs on PvP gear.

Suggestion: make resilience to nerf healing done and/or received as well. Blizz always wants to force people to "make real choices" in ridiculous situations, this might be an interesting one.

Ah, someone already suggested it. Way to go.

Deleted

i think im gona gear my druid and go resto for arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    I wonder what dimwit is in charge of pvp balance at blizzard. Oh right ghostcrawler.

Do they really not understand pve gear is the real problem? Why use these kind of weird changes to the game instead of just adressing the issue.

Don't allow pve gear in arena, crazy burst is gone. Phew that was hard.
    There is a reason YOU are not in charge.

Let me tell you a little story: Beastiality (the hunter) wishes to start doing arena's coming season 8! He joins the arena with full pvp offset and main set, BUT 2 BAD HE DOESN'T HAVE A PVP BOW, BITCH YOU CAN'T USE PVE GEAR IN AN ARENA!!!! and no bow = melee hunter, good luck on 1800.

have fun getting to 1800 anyone who doesn't already have pvp weapons
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Also, does anyone know if this resil change is already live?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Basicly you're just making the Mage Healing debuff better, but leave the Warrior/Hunter/Rogue one the same way..? : Not that these would need a buff, but Resillience only affecting the mage debuff is lame, as it would be lame to affect healing in any way with resillience to be honest.
    I actually agree with his idea, atleast the making it cap part.

But maybe make it take the bigger one? Say a mage is DPSing someone who takes 19% less healing, they would get the 20% instead.

But if they took 22% less healing, they would take that.

Having them stack would be baaaaad. Imagine MS+30% less healing taken+Overpower while casting. Depending on how it was added up, that would be damn near an 80% MS. Hell, without OP it would be 65% passively.

I hope that made sense...I'm very tired atm =(

I wonder if this Buff will make Stacking resil Really powerful :S

I can see druids shamans and priests wanting as much resil as possbile to survive making survivability even better.

I think they'll surely have to apply that healing fix.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

All the QQ in this thread is unbelievable. All I used to see was QQ about burst dmg. Blizzard finally does something about it and people are QQ again. I, as a Mage, think this change is good. Finally I will be recognized again - CC here, CC there, consider position, perfect your execution strat with your partner. No more 100% to 0% kills in 4 global cooldowns.

And as Blizzard addressed, healing will probably get more OP. Will it get too OP? We will have to wait and see. If so, then they will fix it.

Remember people, this is a happy day. Finally Blizzard is doing something about it. If all goes well I might not switch to Starcraft II after all, instead start playing WotLK (arena, bg, duels, world-pvp) actively and keep playing during Cataclysm.
    /Zetsumei

This will hit dps with no MS effect especially hard. As a ret paladin it's already frustratingly difficult to fight healers or anything that has a healer. If they apply an equal healing patch I will absolutely welcome the change though. Making everything move a little slower in PvP wouldn't be a bad thing.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

i trully hope this will lead to a ret kick of some kind. Because ret was one of the worst high end represented classes. This is only going to widen that gap. You'll also see a holy nerf. Good luck killing a holy paladin now.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    I actually agree with his idea, atleast the making it cap part.

But maybe make it take the bigger one? Say a mage is DPSing someone who takes 19% less healing, they would get the 20% instead.

But if they took 22% less healing, they would take that.

Having them stack would be baaaaad. Imagine MS+30% less healing taken+Overpower while casting. Depending on how it was added up, that would be damn near an 80% MS. Hell, without OP it would be 65% passively.

I hope that made sense...I'm very tired atm =(
    I don't see why it would be that bad with a healing debuff... You know that if you reduce damage taken by 20%, and healing by 20%... the only differance really would be something similar to 25% more HP.

Lets just say that you do 1k dps atm, then after the change you will do 800 dps. If someone have 10k hp, if would take 10 seconds to kill him with 1k dps, but it will take 12.5 seconds after the change.

But, lets say the healer was able to do 1k hps before, and barely being able to keep up with the damage. Then with the 20% healing debuff he will do 800 hps, which is the exactly the same as the damage the dps does after the res change.

So, the only differance is in the time to kill someone that's at full HP, and since it increased from 10 to 12.5 sec with a 20% dmg reduction, it's the same as 25% longer time. So, you would basicly only gain 25% HP with both these changes. The only differance between this and adding 25% hp is that warriors will get less rage.

some of you guys are so damn retarded...

before this change everyone was whining about burst damage. now they reduce damage taken and you are whining about to strong healers.

wtf do you want? you are so damn ridicilous stupid.

and i am with the few people who know what the real problem is..

its just pve gear.
    just make the t1 weapons from the previous season available via honor, and without any rating. then permit every single part of pve gear in arena.. mb you could say that you are allowed to use pve gear untill itemlvl 232 from heros. so you can start with some pve gear, while farming honor.
    but okay, you just have to think an other big problem:

the next raid instance was released before the new arena season.... so you got better pve gear, without getting any better pvp gear.
    when the next season starts the gear will have the same itemlvl as the drops from icecrown 25.
    so it will get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    some of you guys are so damn retarded...

before this change everyone was whining about burst damage. now they reduce damage taken and you are whining about to strong healers.

wtf do you want? you are so damn ridicilous stupid.
    Hey genius, have you considered the fact that it might be different people complaining? Last I checked there are more than 2 people playing wow. So maybe, just maybe, the people who are complaining now are not the same people who were complaining before.