Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjon
    Lost a roll on Althor's Abacus the other night wwhich was painful - especially given that I had the highest roll until the pally healer rolled a 100. I would kill for Eye of the Broodmother but no one runs Ulduar anymore. Maybe I'll dust off Dakmoon: Blue Dragon or go back to one of the ilevel 200 trinkets I have tons of.
    Blue dragon is terrible for disco, not even worth considering. It mightv theoretically become the top regen trinket for holy again though, given enough haste. Unfortunately even if on paper it came out on top, the RNG is so heavy that it would never be advisable to use.


  2. #22

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    As disc which 2 trinks should i use out of these : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47947, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 ?

    P.S. I dont have mana issues, i was thinking of using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259 for the SP boost

  3. #23

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams
    As disc which 2 trinks should i use out of these : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47947, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 ?

    P.S. I dont have mana issues, i was thinking of using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259 for the SP boost
    Yes, as a rough and ready rule you take the two with the most spellpower, which would be those two.

  4. #24

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjon
    Looking to upgrade my trinket and my eye on this one. I'll certainly use it for shadow too but was wondering if the whole world will look at me as a superninja for taking a "dps" trinket.
    Why would you even care what people will think about you in random dungeon?
    In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis.

  5. #25

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams
    As disc which 2 trinks should i use out of these : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47947, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 ?

    P.S. I dont have mana issues, i was thinking of using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259 for the SP boost
    Actually, I'd use the Binding Light over the Sliver, personally, since you can pre-stack Binding Light prior to a pull, sit and drink back the mana, and still have enough time to keep it at 8 stacks. That's 592 SP in a 20 sec. buff. If you find it's coming close to falling off, you can always throw an additional shield, renew, ProM, etc. to bring it back to it's full duration.

    I could find more use for the Crit in the NIC, but I also like the Talisman for the pure Int on it, which creates a larger mana pool and more mana returned from Rapture. The on use portion of the Talisman is nice for times when larger heals and shields are needed (ie: P3 in Putricide), so I'd probably choose Binding Light and Talisman of Resurgence personally.

  6. #26

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    Actually, I'd use the Binding Light over the Sliver, personally, since you can pre-stack Binding Light prior to a pull, sit and drink back the mana, and still have enough time to keep it at 8 stacks. That's 592 SP in a 20 sec. buff. If you find it's coming close to falling off, you can always throw an additional shield, renew, ProM, etc. to bring it back to it's full duration.
    the duration resets like illustration of the dragon soul? I always read it like: when used, the effect is 20 seconds. in that time, the amount of spellpower gained is increased for each spell you can squeeze in, but the full duration of the buff is still 20 seconds total.
    meaning it's best use is during soft enrages or other phases where the healers need to put out more than average amount of healing for a short while.

  7. #27

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    the duration resets like illustration of the dragon soul? I always read it like: when used, the effect is 20 seconds. in that time, the amount of spellpower gained is increased for each spell you can squeeze in, but the full duration of the buff is still 20 seconds total.
    meaning it's best use is during soft enrages or other phases where the healers need to put out more than average amount of healing for a short while.
    Yeah, I missed the "Entire" portion on that, so then it's not that great. :-[ It's 6 in the morning, I'm misreading a lot. With that being the case, the setup of Sliver and NIC are your best choice for throughput.

  8. #28

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    I'd totally use it. The SP plus crit on use is perfect for disc healing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  9. #29
    Brewmaster moremana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,286

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudpile
    I wouldnt call it a healer trinket but its acceptable to take it along with your shadow spec.
    You can go ToTC and take a chance for Solace of the Fallen or From marrowgar to get "Silver of Pure Ice"
    If you want tons of MP5 go for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260 great trinket with no internal cd (almost no)
    Good Luck
    ROFL You play a Druid priest?
    Corsair 600T - Seasonic X750 Gold PSU - Intel i7-4820K - Asus X79 Sabertooth - 32GB DDR3 2133MHz - Radeon R9-280X - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD - 1TB WD Black HDD - Windows 8.1

    "You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"


  10. #30

    Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

    First of all there is no such thing as a "Ninja" in heroics. EVERYONE has the option to roll need, greed, or pass on the item. If they choose not to or lose the roll it's just luck of the draw. Second regardless of this trinket being mediocre/bad for healing priests it's still a bis for shadow. Take it for shadow, I use it for shadow and it's awesome. (I'm holy MS Shadow OS)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •