Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

Looking to upgrade my trinket and my eye on this one. I'll certainly use it for shadow too but was wondering if the whole world will look at me as a superninja for taking a "dps" trinket.

Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal - Good Disc Trinket?

On my server it's considered a perfectly acceptable healing trinket, so I don't think you'd be considered a ninja.

I wouldn't want this as disc though. You should be critting often and reliably enough not to make super use of a crit-on-proc trinket, unless your other trinkets aren't very good, in which case it's alright. The static SP on it is quite nice, but imo there's better.

No, it's not a good healing trinket. It's mediocre for Disc and fairly awful for Holy. That said, it's amazing for Shadow and you should get it anyway.

It certainly isn't good. If your only other alternative is a pure regen trinket and you're drowning in mana, then it might however be better.

I would rate the loathed http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40685 over it for disc, since at least some of the time the random haste proc will have been useful. Essentially any raid trinket with static or stacking SP on it would be better.

Anyway it's not a pure dps trinket, blizz certainly haven't been shy about slapping the word 'harmful' before the word 'spell' on trinkets recently. If this was intended just for dps, then it would have that word. Besides, except spriests & afflic warlocks it's just as bad for dps.

It's an excellent throughput trinket.

There are plenty of alternatives, but it's not as bad as these people are saying.

It really is as bad as is being implied. For all intents and purposes it adds nothing except 111 SP. While that is nice for Disc, it also means that it ranks below things like Forethought. While Forethought is considered pretty bad, the random HoT is worth more than the small crit proc. Things like Je'Tze's are substantially better for most Priests who would consider using it and while yes Je'Tze's will cost you, it's still better and readily available on most servers. It's certainly not any form of competition with Eye, or IDS. It's definitely not close to Solace, or any of the other actual high end trinkets. So... why is it 'excellent'? Excellent would imply something you wold see out and aim for, it's more of something you might use to hold you over until you get a real trinket. Now, I will admit IDS, Eye and the like are much harder to come by these days, those are something to strive for still.

Again though... Ninja it. It's great for Shadow, which you implied that you play. Take it, hold onto it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Again though... Ninja it. It's great for Shadow, which you implied that you play. Take it, hold onto it, love it.
    How does rolling need on dps spec gear make one a ninja? Blizzard has even implied this is how it should be done.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    How does rolling need on dps spec gear make one a ninja? Blizzard has even implied this is how it should be done.
    Everyone knows that if a person loses an item like that to a healer about 80% of the time they are going to cry ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateful
    Everyone knows that if a person loses an item about 80% of the time they are going to cry ninja.
    Fixed that for you
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Looks like I'll have to keep working on a 2nd healing trinket then. I did get the healing one from Heroic HoR, but it feels kind of lackluster for disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjon
    Looks like I'll have to keep working on a 2nd healing trinket then. I did get the healing one from Heroic HoR, but it feels kind of lackluster for disc.
    It was horribly nerfed within a few days of 3.3 being released. That trinket is horrible for everyone but druids, in which it is ok.

Inner Focus + Nevermelting Ice Crystal + Divine Hymn would be godly.

I wouldnt call it a healer trinket but its acceptable to take it along with your shadow spec.
    You can go ToTC and take a chance for Solace of the Fallen or From marrowgar to get "Silver of Pure Ice"
    If you want tons of MP5 go for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260 great trinket with no internal cd (almost no)
    Good Luck
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

Purified Lunar Dust is a waste of emblems.

number 1 i would never use a crit trinket that gives crit as a bonus
    number 2 there are better trinkets i am even using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45308 from razorscale

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpile
    If you want tons of MP5 go for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260 great trinket with no internal cd (almost no)
    Good Luck
    That used to be a good trinket. However, even pre-nerf it was not good for Disc, but Holy (and Resto). It gives next to no regen as Disc. If you want a regen trinket as Disc get the Tears of the Vanquished from ToC5 regular. If you want a regen trinket with an on-use throughput effect get Talisman of Resurgence from a badge vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by linaxe
    number 1 i would never use a crit trinket that gives crit as a bonus
    number 2 there are better trinkets i am even using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45308 from razorscale
    How many trinkets are as good as the Ice Crystal that aren't in raids? I agree its not the best disc trink but it does the job until you can do ten mans and get something better.

Lost a roll on Althor's Abacus the other night wwhich was painful - especially given that I had the highest roll until the pally healer rolled a 100. I would kill for Eye of the Broodmother but no one runs Ulduar anymore. Maybe I'll dust off Dakmoon: Blue Dragon or go back to one of the ilevel 200 trinkets I have tons of.

well you might get lucky and have to kill him for a weekly raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjon
    Lost a roll on Althor's Abacus the other night wwhich was painful - especially given that I had the highest roll until the pally healer rolled a 100. I would kill for Eye of the Broodmother but no one runs Ulduar anymore. Maybe I'll dust off Dakmoon: Blue Dragon or go back to one of the ilevel 200 trinkets I have tons of.
    Blue dragon is terrible for disco, not even worth considering. It mightv theoretically become the top regen trinket for holy again though, given enough haste. Unfortunately even if on paper it came out on top, the RNG is so heavy that it would never be advisable to use.