is no shield viable? (ele/resto)

Say you had your normal main hand but instead of a shield for off, you take a melee weapon with high crit and haste; Remorseless.
    Now you dont get any spell power or intellect (theres a socket), but you can enchant it with 63 spell power and ofc Flametongue/Earthliving.

I havnt done any sort of maths to work it out, but im pretty sure you will come out with alot more spell power but less int.
    Also on the earthliving, will you have a 40% chance to proc it or does it not work out like that?

Anyway is this atall viable?

Re: is no shield viable? (ele/resto)

Ever though of that only enhancement shamans can dualwield? So no this wont work.

oh shit yes my bad :[

15+ Year Old Account
    Behind you yelling: "WHY SO SERIOUS, SON?"

I'm confused about this topic.

If it's about Ele/Resto, you can get rougly 500 SP on a SP weapon (with extra caster-stats). No matter how much haste and crit there is on an item with AP and sockets, it's still worse than another SP-weapon (from Naxx (imo) and up).
    If it's about Enhance: WF and FT is still better.
    Skoddraei, Draenei Shaman, Quel'Thalas-EU

Is that glitch that allows u to duel wield with any shammy spec still in the game?

But it was working 3.2 and I didn't see it in the 3.3 patch notes so....

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby
    Is that glitch that allows u to duel wield with any shammy spec still in the game?

But it was working 3.2 and I didn't see it in the 3.3 patch notes so....
    has been fixed

I do however loved the time being with my awesome dw ft/ft
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I had looked into this when coming up with a pvp resto spec and set. I was going to make a spec with enough points in Enhance to get dual wield and DW caster weapons. Unfortunately all of the caster wewapons specify "Main Hand." If you wanted to dual wield with a melee OH to get crit and haste, it wouldn't really be viable just on the fact that with a shield you can get the same stats plus SP. Maybe in Cat Blizz will find this an interesting idea =D OH caster weapons FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane
    If you wanted to dual wield with a melee OH to get crit and haste, it wouldn't really be viable just on the fact that with a shield you can get the same stats plus SP.
    That was my point because you can enchant a weapon with 63 sp and have flametongue, where as a shield all you get is int enchant.

Blizzard did away with pretty much every chance of a viable build to DW as a caster (Shaman) and get the benefits of doing so. Back in BC the highest DPS ele spec for awhile was going far enough into the enhance tree for DW and mental quickness. Of course blizzard changed that really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane
    I had looked into this when coming up with a pvp resto spec and set. I was going to make a spec with enough points in Enhance to get dual wield and DW caster weapons. Unfortunately all of the caster wewapons specify "Main Hand."
    Even if there were OH caster weapons just as good as the MH ones the ~700 or so SP you would gain wouldn't be worth the crippled state your talents would be in. Using really round ballpark numbers it would be about a 20% SP gain. Give or take.

Elemental would have to give up booming echoes (the weakest of that tier), ToW (not a huge loss if you get other glyphs, and get a DP lock) but losing lava flows and shamanism are a bigger than 20% SP loss right off the bat. Booming echoes is just gravy on this Suboptimal Stew.

Resto comes off even worse. Elemental has gimpy 41 and 51 pt talents, resto has good ones. Riptide, earth shield, tidal waves... etc. etc. The top third of the resto tree is what makes resto good. 700 more SP and an extra earthliving is not going to make up for it.

I thought this would be able the OP not seeing any SP shields dropping and asking if he can use SP offhand items.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

the shield and the offhand from ICC25 have exactly the same stats - except that the shield has 8873 armor.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49976

vs

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50173
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak
    the shield and the offhand from ICC25 have exactly the same stats - except that the shield has 8873 armor.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49976

vs

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50173
    Except that you can enchant shields and you can't enchant offhands. The only way I would see a shaman taking an offhand over a shield is if their shield is worse than the offhand even including the enchant on it. Even then.. it's rare.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I think I am the only shaman in the world that is perfectly fine using a staff these days. I don't raid on him (other then Vaults) so I never really care to spend loads of money on that BoE caster shield or run Pit of Saron 1049309434 times. :P