Thread: wtf Lore??

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

wtf Lore??

Can one of you bored nerds show me something saying why deathknights went back to alliance or horde respectively?
    wouldnt they all just join sylvannas and the forsaken? (assuming dks were around back when the first scourge broke free of tyranny)

Deleted

Re: wtf Lore??

Way to go calling people names and then asking for help.

I may be the Trivia Orc, but I'm not helping you just for that reason.

Because we're not rotting corpses.

10+ Year Old Account

Because they're hero classes, they do wtf they want.. k?

Quote Originally Posted by wowremy
    Can one of you bored nerds show me something saying why deathknights went back to alliance or horde respectively?
    wouldnt they all just join sylvannas and the forsaken? (assuming dks were around back when the first scourge broke free of tyranny)
    Why would you care....? YOU NERD!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Way to go calling people names and then asking for help.

I may be the Trivia Orc, but I'm not helping you just for that reason.
    Great Trivia Orc could you tell me? I'd like to know MMFWCL to yah

bored nerd
    Trivia Orc
    You obviously know the answer and yet wasted your time posting about your feelings.

I for one, do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

Flames inc.
    idk.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hobes
    You obviously know the answer and yet wasted your time posting about your feelings.
    I don't think telling a person they're rude is wasting my time.

Though by now I'm pretty sure the average MMO Champion poster cannot ask anything without insulting others. -.-

The Ebon Blade

The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a faction consisting of the renegade death knights that broke free of the Lich King's control after the battle of Light's Hope Chapel (in other words, player-created death knights). Led by Highlord Darion Mograine, the Knights of the Ebon Blade have allied themselves with the Alliance and the Horde with the help of Highlord Tirion Fordring of the Knights of the Silver Hand, and have pledged to do their part in defeating their former master, the Lich King. Their main base is Acherus: The Ebon Hold, a former scourge necropolis in the Eastern Plaguelands. (It should be noted that the Knights of the Ebon Blade are not a separate player faction such as the Alliance and Horde. For the purposes of gameplay, player-created death knights still belong to either the Alliance or Horde depending on their race.)

Browsing WowWiki can be challenging eh?
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

I don't think telling a person they're rude is wasting my time.
    It is if they don't care, and this is the internet.

I mean, I'm just playing the cards I was delt, like everybody else
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

I for one, do not know.
    It's not about the question... it's about the way it was asked. :-\

I wouldn't have wasted my time answering either.

It is if they don't care, and this is the internet.

I mean, I'm just playing the cards I was delt, like everybody else
    Some people get dealt a bad hand

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    It's not about the question... it's about the way it was asked. :-\

I wouldn't have wasted my time answering either.
    I like to think that youll get rid of annoying people faster when you simply give what they want straight away...

And to the OP, even if youre not a "bored nerd" it doesnt require very high IQ to search the information yourself, since nowadays theres like 60%+ chance that theres somekind of documentation about pretty much everything, like example quite many subjects usually already have somekind of wikipedia based infopages...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

The DK addition sure threw a wrench into the established lore behind the forsaken. Previously normal undead were of two types the brainless zombies who wander around aimlessly meleing and maybe clawing and diseasing things that look tasty, and the undead that were raised early enough to retain some portion of their brain remembering their past lives and because of that able to carry out tasks that they used to do while living. This second group was the ones capable of breaking free of the LK during Illidan's assault on ICC. These are the ones that make up the forsaken while the mindless zombies still wander around Tirisfal.

Now DKs are a gray area. The old lore stated that DKs are living followers of arthas (like acolytes and cult of the damned) who study necromancy and in the end sacrifice themselves as servants of the LK. The retconed lore states that DKs are newly killed individuals raised by the LK in a new and more powerful method (as frostmourn harvests more souls its power to create stronger minions grows). So DKs are undead who barely hit the ground before being raised while forsaken were either 1) in the ground a while or 2) raised early on while frostmourn was still weak.

As to why DKs go back to horde / alliance well because they are so new to being dead and their memories of life are still so strong they don’t really belong in the Forsaken. A better solution would be for all DKs to remain with the Ebon Blade and be a 3rd faction but because a DK only faction couldn't do anything (other than dominate pvp in 3.0-3.1) they had to give DKs to Horde / Alliance through some way. It's pretty iffy a DK wandering in to Orgrimar / Stormwind with a note saying "I'm a good guy now!" and being accepted with open arms, but for game play it had to happen.

My big question is why can DKs kill other DKs? You assume that the betrayal at lights hope would forge a pretty strong bond in the DK brotherhood and you would be uneasy betraying your comrades (again lore wise the Lights Hope battle only happens once and every DK who is free now fought in it). Guess that’s the benefit of being “free” now only if players could gank their own faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    So DKs are undead who barely hit the ground before being raised while forsaken were either 1) in the ground a while or 2) raised early on while frostmourn was still weak.
    You forgot the portion where Forsaken were created by the Scourge, Death Knights are 'normally' killed and resurrected.

If I was to make a "lore" guess it would be because they maintain more of their sense of self than the average foresaken. As such they want to return home and were granted this chance by Tirion sending along the introduction letter.

If I was to make a "practical" guess. DKs were supposed to be introduced in beta to be balanced against paladins. They would have been a DPS class mostly and been restricted to Orcs and Foresaken in keeping with prior lore - with a bit of fudging. Meanwhile another mail wearing class would have been introduced to the alliance to balance against Shaman. (Possibly wardens I'd like to say.)

However because they were told to push they didn't introduce the DK class and put it on the back burner as a hero class. In order to not force everyone into a single faction or race they opened it up to everyone.

15+ Year Old Account

I could. But only my girlfriend is aloud to call me a nerd.

10+ Year Old Account

because theyr not..
    Deathknigths are allied with both alliance and horde, just not ingame cause that would be dumb. Its been stated before that wow dont follow warcraft lore 100%

15+ Year Old Account

My understanding is that from a lore perspective, Death Knights, regardless of race, are aligned with the Knights of the Ebon blade, that is where their primary allegiance lies. They are reintegrated into the Alliance and Horde because Mograine asks them to as something of a show of good faith. Thus you are a Death Knight first and a Horde/Alliance member second.

This isn't so different from the forsaken. According to Lore, the Forsaken also include Undead from other races, not just Humans (particularly elves). They put aside their race and their old hatreds to side with the one who freed them and offered leadership in their post-scourge un-life.

So short answer: The Death Knights don't follow Sylvanas because Sylvanas didn't free them from the scourge.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    Now DKs are a gray area. The old lore stated that DKs are living followers of arthas (like acolytes and cult of the damned) who study necromancy and in the end sacrifice themselves as servants of the LK. The retconed lore states that DKs are newly killed individuals raised by the LK in a new and more powerful method (as frostmourn harvests more souls its power to create stronger minions grows). So DKs are undead who barely hit the ground before being raised while forsaken were either 1) in the ground a while or 2) raised early on while frostmourn was still weak.
    Nah, it's just that even the Lich King can use some more powerful servants than just mindless zombies, ones that can perform tasks on their own without him having to observe every single move. And this is especially true with the DKs, they are usually powerful heroes - such as paladins - slain in battle, not ordinary soldiers. The Forsaken on the other hand have nothing to do with death knights.