Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Recommened haste's

Haste will continue to give a linearly increasing benefit past 1GCD because of it's effects on DOTs and cast times, since those never cap or diminish. You cannot have too much haste unless you are ignoring too many other important stats to get it.

VT and DP are huge % of spriest's dmg, there is no achievable amount of haste that will cap where these will benefit from haste. If you don't belive me, go do General Vezex and pop hero.

No. While haste's effects on DoT tick speed and cast times are linear it's effects on overall DPS are not linear. Though it is fun to think about having 34k haste. The rotation would become VT spam. :P

I personally stack as much haste as possible on most of my toons now. Passive stats alone are enough for me to keep myself at a decent level of mana and output, and I find the faster you get your heals off the more people you can keep alive in a clutch situation.

For shadow, I have a very mediocre set, but I noticed 500-600 haste is a very noticable dps increase so I would suggest getting as much haste as possible there as well.

Okay tried the new rotation last night in ICC against MOR.

It went like this

POT magic, VT, MB, DP, MF, SW:P, MF, MF, MF, MB, SW, MF, MF, MB, POT Magic, Crystal, VT, SW:P, DP, MF, MF, MB, MF, MF. repeat after vt minus the SW:P

I could not believe that the pot worked the way it did, i was able to get three MF off before I Could use MB. I finished overall for that fight at 5.6k. Now i know meters are all different and noone is the same. but from what I Got with my gear I am happier.

This deal about Hit I am at a loss with.. I am way over cap by about 70 or so.

my question is>> If I get my hit lower to around 300 will that help my dps so i can quit being a nuke. Not Like I mind but a steady more effective way is more helpful to a raid instead of nuke.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo

my question is>> If I get my hit lower to around 300 will that help my dps so i can quit being a nuke. Not Like I mind but a steady more effective way is more helpful to a raid instead of nuke.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashj&n=Kodiemo
    I don't actually understand your question completely... i'll answer what I think it means.

Being over the hit cap in critical terms is a waste of itemisation points. If you have an item that is iLvl 245 then it has 245 points to spend on stats... I actually forget what the ratio of iLvl points to Hit rating is but I have a feeling its 1 for 1... so if you're 70 hit over the cap thats 70 itemisation points that could be spent on other stats, for example you might get 70 SP instead, or 70 crit rating, or a mix of Stam and Int etc.

So the idea is to find a gear set that itemises the accumulation of iLvl points into the highest possible DPS stats. Obviously if you can get exactly 289 hit those extra iLvl points currently spent on hit will be something else.

Now thats how it works in theory, in practice you may find you can only get access to gear that is itemised well enough that puts you well over the cap. It's really upto you to research what gear you can reasonably access and build a gear set that is as effecient as possible in terms of iLvl distribution. Thats where the BRGA thread at shadowpriest.com comes in use.

OK I got it now. I reduced my Hit by almost 70 i got a new head piece that gives me spirit instead of hit. I gemmed it and enchanted it. I noticed a spellpower jump. Now I am with buffs 2967SP ( thats food, inner fire, flask, etc.).

I want to thank u all for the insight. This has been improving my SPriest since I got here.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...shj&cn=Kodiemo

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara