AFFLICTION - CoE over CoA?

well i was playing aroudn with my affliction, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Acidicrage

and i was doing my rotation, <life tap>, shadow bolt, haunt, UA, COA, Corruption, then shadow bolt spam. and i was getting a constant 4050~ dps never peaking over 4100 dps.

i dicied to take out coa out of the rotation and start like COE, <life tap>, shadow bolt, haunt, Corruption, then shadow bolt spam, rinse and repeat.

this time i peaked over 4300 dps easy? i knwo CoE has +13% accross the board but is it that significant?

from what i have read on forums, they always said to use haunt, ua, coa, corrupt, and shadow bolt.

am i missing something?

Re: AFFLICTION - CoE over CoA?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicRage
    from what i have read on forums, they always said to use haunt, ua, coa, corrupt, and shadow bolt.

am i missing something?
    Because its assumed that CoE will be brought by a DK, Boomkin, Demo/Destro Lock.

If it is not brought by someone else CoE will always better than CoA.

Missing the fact that you will in all likelihood, not be putting up COE because Boomkins and Unholy DKs put it up naturally. If you raid without those specs, yes, use CoE, provided you are either the only warlock or the other warlocks are also all affliction.

Best 'COE' granters in order: Unholy DK, Moonkin, Desto Lock, Demo Lock... Afflic Lock.

Yes, that order is correct, the personal DPS contribution of CoD/CoA is higher for Demo than Destro. Unholy DK is better than Moonkin only because they can apply it to an entire AOE group.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Best 'COE' granters in order: Unholy DK, Moonkin, Desto Lock, Demo Lock... Afflic Lock.

Yes, that order is correct, the personal DPS contribution of CoD/CoA is higher for Demo than Destro. Unholy DK is better than Moonkin only because they can apply it to an entire AOE group.
    doom doesnt doo more for affliction unless you are getting it to prot durning a rediculous buff like on twins or hoidr, but good luck with that timing.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    doom doesnt doo more for affliction unless you are getting it to prot durning a rediculous buff like on twins or hoidr, but good luck with that timing.
    He clearly mentioned demo and destruction, not affliction.

My rotation is:
    Life Tap, Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Curse of Agony and shadowbolt spam.. The dots gain damage as the buffs are applied so I figured it works fine.

But as they said if curse of elements is being brought by other players never use it, if not use it and you will gain dps.

start with shadowbolt