Black magic or 63sp?

Well i know it is noobish :P but just lately i disovered that Black Magic had been changed(because after seeing the shit it was in naxx i just completely ignored anything that has to do with it) :P and i read at shadow dps 101 thread that either enchant is acceptable... but what are u guys using? :P
    And does anyone know the internal CD?
    i got 3237sp
    hit caped
    21% crit
    740 haste
    (this is with 63 sp on weapon)
    if that helps :P
    Ty in advance

Cheers
    Zoulis

EDIT: Typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Re: Black magic or 63sp?

changes to black magic and VT/DP scaling with haste put black magic slightly ahead of sp on a 1h, but sp on a staff is supposedly slightly better (the staff enchant, 84 or whatever it is, never use staves so can't remember)

Yeh i'm using a 1h Ty for the response

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulis of Uknown Entity

it's not going to be a dps increase all the time due to it being a proc. if the proc is going off at the wrong time (and especially if you can't get it off before applying your first dots) you'll gain less benefit than a sp enchant but at the same time if all your movement happens when the buff has timed out but the icd is still in effect it will be a dps gain when compared to a sp enchant.
    so really, it's a gamble and the calculated PP gain on a patchwerk style fight is something like 2-5 PP.
    and to top it off the sp enchant is better for your disc offspec if you're sporting one, and probably holy too (don't know about that one though)

All of the math is at shadowpriest.com (live it, love it) and supports the 1H Black Magic/ Staff +81 Spellpower statements. I am very dubious on the BM enchant due to our raiding mages stating that the proc always goes off at exactly the wrong time (having to move out of bone storm on Marrow or away from ghosts on Deathwhisper, switch targets on Blood Princes, etc). I will reread the math when it comes time but I much prefer a steady and constant enchant versus a proc on something like a weapon (usually the biggest/most beneficial enchants go on weapons versus hands or feet or whatever).

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    it's not going to be a dps increase all the time due to it being a proc. if the proc is going off at the wrong time (and especially if you can't get it off before applying your first dots) you'll gain less benefit than a sp enchant but at the same time if all your movement happens when the buff has timed out but the icd is still in effect it will be a dps gain when compared to a sp enchant.
    so really, it's a gamble and the calculated PP gain on a patchwerk style fight is something like 2-5 PP.
    and to top it off the sp enchant is better for your disc offspec if you're sporting one, and probably holy too (don't know about that one though)
    reliability of the proc is always factored in. if that isn't good enough for you then static options are usually available but are 100% for sure a dps loss

if the proc goes off and you're about to have to move, reapply dp an vt and whether you're moving or not, they lock in those haste values until they fall off

Simcraft math (most commonly used on Shadowpriest.com) usually assumes a standstill blow the boss up fight, much like Rawr. Black Magic is generally considered as better assuming one such fight. It's not that 63 SP is better, it's just more reliable.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys