Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: When do you have to much haste as a disco priest?

Just throwing out a possibility, it might also be due to outpacing yourself too early

You have a large enough mana pool that longevity should be no issue at all w/ replenishment, especially given you already have one of the solaces.

You definitely don't have too much haste, but I would recommend you prioritize gemming SP over SP/Haste, as you get more bang for the buck that way. Once you get past the OOM concerns, every option available to you (gems / enchants) should be taken to maximize spellpower. Let your haste and crit come to you through gear.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

19% From gear 14% from Talents and raid buffs.

Brings ya Flash Heal down to 1 sec cast.
    Use Penance with BT and give your Spriest or Mage PI.

If you are a Disc only Priest, gearing around no spirit HIGH int, haste will surpass 19% and u can switch to Gheal, Much less mana Efficient, but more HPS.

Yeah, no. 19% from gear = 1.1s Flash Heal, not 1 second. That last .1 second requires just over 30% from gear. Look at my previous post for better guidelines.

Thanks for all the answers gentlemen, much apprciated.

will look into maybe going more for SP then sp+haste egms etc, ill do some testing etc. Ive linked this thread to my guild site, so they can see that we need our replinshment, and shouldnt have to beg for it

Thanks again boys

Haste is awsome, but i doubt you will ever get too much as ALL the badge items gives a shitload of crit and 0 haste. A lot of the spirit items from ICC gives more crit than haste as well :[

Im at 747 haste and i want moar naow

I have 20% haste and well..with hero casted I'm under the GCD when casting flash heal. Then I start spamming greater heal if tank takes tons of damage, but then it burns my mana rather fast.

Personally, I'm a fan of a fast flash heal. My gear isn't that great yet to be spamming greater heals on the tank without running oom rather fast. But then again, the DA procss from Flash Heal and Penance makes that I can keep up a tank pretty decently.

Haste is yummy. Just think what's best for your mana or tanksaving when you pop PI, berserking, a haste pot or when bloodlust/hero is popped.

The honest truth is you can continue to value haste forever because you cannot rely on the idea that you will always have BT up, if you have to throw 3 flashes into someone, you're going to have two without bt unless you flip in a gcd to reshield someone, which usually isn't the case.

Also@ whoever is talking about greater heal...?

Take that spell off your bar. The coefficients to mana cost suck beyond compare. Don't use that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    The honest truth is you can continue to value haste forever because you cannot rely on the idea that you will always have BT up, if you have to throw 3 flashes into someone, you're going to have two without bt unless you flip in a gcd to reshield someone, which usually isn't the case.

Also@ whoever is talking about greater heal...?

Take that spell off your bar. The coefficients to mana cost suck beyond compare. Don't use that spell.
    This is very VERY true. that spell is a waste of mana and cost. for lil benefit if u cannot get it cast in time. tank dies raid goes away and it is ur fault. POM POH and PW:S renew (all the time, everyone) and flash to top off.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    This is very VERY true. that spell is a waste of mana and cost. for lil benefit if u cannot get it cast in time. tank dies raid goes away and it is ur fault. POM POH and PW:S renew (all the time, everyone) and flash to top off.
    Partially correct. There actually is a GH-based disc spec for pure MT healers. However, unless you are running that spec, then yes it's mana coefficient is awful for discipline.

The soft cap is 11%. If you are looking to know exactly how much haste rating that is, it is 360.

Also, as a note, GH is even still not a complete waste. If in an emergency, you can cast PW:S (triggering BT), Penance, and a 25% hasted GH. At soft cap, with BT this lowers the cast time on GH to about 1.75-1.8 seconds. However, beyond that I do not recommend using GH at normal cast time, even if you have 5/5 Divine Fury specced to lower it's cast time further (which I do for just such emergencies). You can also use the BT trick to make another normally useless spell for discipline become quite handy (PoH).

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

You have plenty of haste you get 5% from windfury totem and 6% from talents putting you at 28% haste assuming you didn't calculate those into your 17% and also assuming you run with a windfury totem. So to answer your question ya you should probably stack intellect seeing as you have mana issues, always aim for what you're lacking.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik
    You have plenty of haste you get 5% from windfury totem and 6% from talents putting you at 28% haste assuming you didn't calculate those into your 17% and also assuming you run with a windfury totem. So to answer your question ya you should probably stack intellect seeing as you have mana issues, always aim for what you're lacking.
    On that I will ask what u think. my haste is high for one reason and one only, the GCD

I want to be able to Flash everytime i press that stupid key. So this softcap and whatever else doesnt benefit me if i cannot heal a player dieing of flesh rot or of anything that taking his health if it take me 1.2sec to cast. It has happened before. the main raid healer OOM so when u are talking about mana and haste put this in ur calc.

Haste at softcap = possible loss of DPS maybe miss heal tank( mainly to long to cast )
    Haste over softcap = keep dps alive and tank healed with flash then POM then PW:S

I skipped through the thread and I hardly ever heal as Disc but with Rapture you're getting the 2% Mana when you apply it to yourself and the 2.5% Mana when it fades away don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Partially correct. There actually is a GH-based disc spec for pure MT healers. However, unless you are running that spec, then yes it's mana coefficient is awful for discipline.
    The problem of GH being used out of a GH-TankHealing based spec, is not about the awful mana coefficent, but about the utility.

If you're not MT healing, what are you using for a 10k normal heal, half a second longer than FH, to fill the raid up?
    If you ain't main tank healing, and with main tank healing I mean "PW:S->Penance->GH->PoM->FH FH FH FH FH untill cooldown fades and DON'T MOVE FROM THE TANK".

Because without MTHealing-only job,as Disc, you'll always have PW:S on tanks, plus Penance when they're low and such, but you'll also help at raid healing, where GH is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos

Why the hell is it called disco anyway? There is not a even a hint of even a small 'o' in Discipline Priest... Not like I'd call my protection warrior "Proto-Warrior" >_>
    So you dont see or hear any o's when you say Discipline? Dis-o-plen is how 99.9% of the people sound when they say the word Discipline, so stop splitting hairs and go be witty somewhere else.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phyta
    So you dont see or hear any o's when you say Discipline? Dis-o-plen is how 99.9% of the people sound when they say the word Discipline, so stop splitting hairs and go be witty somewhere else.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyta
    99.9% of the people you know, 0.00% of the people I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    The problem of GH being used out of a GH-TankHealing based spec, is not about the awful mana coefficent, but about the utility.

If you're not MT healing, what are you using for a 10k normal heal, half a second longer than FH, to fill the raid up?
    If you ain't main tank healing, and with main tank healing I mean "PW:S->Penance->GH->PoM->FH FH FH FH FH untill cooldown fades and DON'T MOVE FROM THE TANK".

Because without MTHealing-only job,as Disc, you'll always have PW:S on tanks, plus Penance when they're low and such, but you'll also help at raid healing, where GH is useless.
    Wait.. U mean u actually use GH, where do u find the time to cast that. even if u have the MT shielded and POM'ed, how would have the extra per say 2.whatever sec to cast that. Without being targeted by an add or as u say "DONT MOVE FROM THE TANK", the aspect of time u are talking about is not there. Most tanks take 10 to 15k hits from about any type of boss in ICC. SO PLS tell me where GH is used in that.

By the time u cast GH u can have cast FH three times and at the end of that which hits for more and is more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    By the time u cast GH u can have cast FH three times and at the end of that which hits for more and is more useful.
    You suck horribly at math, because between 0 haste and 50% haste, there is no way you can get 3 1s - 1.5s casts in a 1.67s/2s - 2.5s/3s cast. By using such bullshit exaggerations, you lose a lot of credibility.

0 haste, no raid haste buff
    FH cast time: 1.5s
    GH cast time: 2.5s/3s

GH/FH = # of FH in a GH cast
    3s/1.5s = 2 casts
    2.5s/1.5s = 1.67 casts

42.61%(800 haste rating, fully raid buffed)
    FH cast time: 1.05s
    GH cast time: 1.75s/2.1s

2.1s/1.05s = 2 casts
    1.75s/1.05s = 1.67 casts

50% haste(GCD cap)
    FH cast time: 1s
    GH cast time: 1.67s/2s

2s/1s = 2 casts
    1.67s/1s = 1.67 casts

78.26%(800 haste rating, raid buffed + BT; past GCD)
    Effective FH cast time:1s
    GH cast time: 1.4s/1.68s

1.68/1 = 1.68 casts
    1.4/1 = 1.4 casts

131.74%(800 haste rating, raid buffed, BT + BL/Herois)
    Effective FH cast time:1s
    GH cast time: 1.17s/1.41s

1.41/1 = 1.41 casts
    1.17/1 = 1.17 casts

As you can see, the number of FH in a GH cast can never go past 2, and will decrease after the GCD cap, which is easy to do since raid buffed and BT will get you to 43.30% haste alone.

Okay u cannot read,

I said
    By the time u cast GH u can have cast FH three times and at the end of that which hits for more and is more useful

So by the end of casting GH u can have 3 FH cast.. LEARN TO READ.

and for ur info. without raid buff i can cast FH at 1.04 so when i Bubble i get .92 for FH cast time. thats no raid buffs no nothing but a absorb shield. so before u go bashing and cussing, read the post clearly.....